MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Sibtain, did they keep your passport? Or give it back to you at the interview???

Thanx Guys!

I do pary always for those who are in AP speacially.

At my interview time they did not take my passport and becoz i aslo got missing document blue sheet so CO told me that i can send them my passport with missing document.

So i have sent them my passport with missing document that time.

Now i m sure they just need new medical or may be new PCC.I am just waiting for their call then i will arrange the new medical certificate.

My question is that as i have sent them my passport already,will it save my time?Will they print & paste the visa till i will send my updated reports?

What would be the procedure now according to my circumstances?

Thanx guys for ur support i will update if i will get any further info.

Edited by Sibtain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah I would suggest getting your PCC Sibtain, since we all know it is such a hassle getting them...as for the medical, I know nothing about them. Not sure if you need a new request form from the embassy to get a new one, or if they will let you just make an appt.

Feisal--10 days and counting.......

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yeah I would suggest getting your PCC Sibtain, since we all know it is such a hassle getting them...as for the medical, I know nothing about them. Not sure if you need a new request form from the embassy to get a new one, or if they will let you just make an appt.

Feisal--10 days and counting.......

medical is validfor 1 yr

they need all docs prior to visa? now our personal exp. , my fiance visa was 'issued' on 2/26 (per DOS); we submitted our expired docs n passport on 4/1, ISL took 3 weeks to contact us. i guess all they needed to do was put the visa on passport; so they returned the passport w/visa exactly 2 weeks after submission. Thus visa culd b issued prior to submission of docs. but obviuosly you will not get your visa in hand until you submit the required docs.

Also, visa issuance date was 2/26 on the passport, thus one culd conclude that visa could be issued w/out the expired docs.

good lucks,

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Sibtain, my husband said he called you and you thought it was the embassy calling! I'm SO SORRY to get your hopes up. You will get that call very very soon Inshallah!

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Alhamdulillah visa in hand today!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Alhamdulillah visa in hand today!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Praying for all of you!

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Transformer for the info. I dont know why Dubai will take one of his suitcases, but my mothers friend's son was coming through kandahar airport, then in Dubai they took one of his luggage, and kept the other one. I hope the same doesnt happen for my fiance. Also, if anyone knows how long they keep people waiting in dubai??

thanks alot for writing backk....

good luck to all

sister,they dont make you wait that long.it depends on the airline.and its all specified on the ticket.tell him to see the ticket closely.

tell me the airline he is coming on and i will try to help

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I have a question.... alhamdulilah the interview date has been set.. so now we are working on the medical process. When my fiance received the 3.5 packet, the medical form was not included, where can he get the medical form?

ticker.png

I have a question.... alhamdulilah the interview date has been set.. so now we are working on the medical process. When my fiance received the 3.5 packet, the medical form was not included, where can he get the medical form?

First of all dear for getting medical report there is no any kind of form.Your fiancee will have to send the packet 3.5 form filled to USEM islamabad.Then they will let u know when to get medical from their specific physcian.

Good luck :thumbs:

Sibtain, my husband said he called you and you thought it was the embassy calling! I'm SO SORRY to get your hopes up. You will get that call very very soon Inshallah!

Hello sweet Amanda!

Not at all you should not be sorry.Actualy i was just kidding.lol

Its okay no prob.You both are also in my prayers and my best wishes are with u guys.

Sweet Good luck :thumbs: for sweet couple :star:

I got questions guys!

One of my friend has just gotten his Immigrant (IR1) visa with the expiry of january 2010.He is going to USA for only 7 days.

He can't stay longer coz of seroius probs.

My question is that,

Does he use that visa for multiple entry?Like he wanna stay for 7 days and wanna go back to pak and then again later will come to USA.

Is that possible?

In how many days he can get his green card over there?

Can any one from his relative in USA get his green card?(After his departure from USA)

Guys i need answers plz?

Edited by Sibtain

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

First of all dear for getting medical report there is no any kind of form.Your fiancee will have to send the packet 3.5 form filled to USEM islamabad.Then they will let u know when to get medical from their specific physcian.

Good luck :thumbs:

Well the USEM of ISL emailed me on monday telling me the interview date (they scanned the interview letter), I guess we have to wait for him to get the hard copy? He lives in AFghanistan and calculating the amount of days it took for him to receive the 3.5 packet is 10 days. Also with the elections coming up, it gets pretty hectic. I want to know if it is ok for him to call one of the physicians now to make an appointment even if he doesn't have the medical form

I also wanted to know if the medical form is usually included in the 3.5 but I guess it is not. Thank you Sibtain

ticker.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Transformer for the info. I dont know why Dubai will take one of his suitcases, but my mothers friend's son was coming through kandahar airport, then in Dubai they took one of his luggage, and kept the other one. I hope the same doesnt happen for my fiance. Also, if anyone knows how long they keep people waiting in dubai??

thanks alot for writing backk....

good luck to all

sister,they dont make you wait that long.it depends on the airline.and its all specified on the ticket.tell him to see the ticket closely.

tell me the airline he is coming on and i will try to help

Question about luggage: Is there anything my husband can not have in his bags? Is he allowed to bring edible goods with him? He will be here next week so I need to prepare him for his luggage packing! Also, he will POE JFK and any experience on the time it takes? Any advice at all?

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Timeline
I got questions guys!

One of my friend has just gotten his Immigrant (IR1) visa with the expiry of january 2010.He is going to USA for only 7 days.

He can't stay longer coz of seroius probs.

My question is that,

Does he use that visa for multiple entry?Like he wanna stay for 7 days and wanna go back to pak and then again later will come to USA.

Is that possible?

In how many days he can get his green card over there?

Can any one from his relative in USA get his green card?(After his departure from USA)

Guys i need answers plz?

Nope IR1 is only single entry visa,so he cannot use it for entry twice.But upon his arrival after the immigration,POE processing is done they will stamp his passport with a I-551 stamp.That is valid for one year usually and u can travel internationally on that stamp.Green card takes can take abt 15 days to months.Green card will be mailed to the address he had provided in his papers.Yes someone trustworthy can bring it to pak,if they are visiting so ur friend can have his greencard before coming to USA again or he can use his I-551 stamp.

Personally I would suggest not to risk it though,better waste some money to move the departure date forward and take care of watever he has to ....so he can travel with some piece of mind.Because you should always keep the worst scenario in mind.My aunt's green card took 8 months as immigration officers forgot to stamp her passport with I-551,she wanted to return and planned a short us trip but obviously she had to hang around until evry thing was resolved :( We a family of 5,all got ours in a week after entry :)

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.