MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
i recommend to not to check the box that says 'do you want an SSN be assigned automatically'.because it has been a month and we have not recieved it.so,when he arrives in USA go an office and get him registered there.

Did u try to go to SSA to get status or just apply again.I have heard lot of people have to do that

i dont understand your question.actually the SSC was supposed to be delivered automatically within 2 weeks from our arrival but we didnt get it.we went to SS office they said us to wait for 3 weeks.we waited and it didnt come.so we applied at SS office.and i saw a poll on VJ the stats indicated most people have problems getting SSN if they had requested it on their DS-230

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
HEY MEMEBERS.... I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP. ITS BEEN A WEEK AND A HALF DINCE MY FIANCE GOT HIS VISA AND HE JUST BOOKED A FLIGHT AND IS COMING TO NYC. HE IS COMING THROUGH THE KABUL AIRPORT THEN TO DUBAI THEN TO LONDON, NYC... SO MY QUESTION IS, IS HE GOING TO NEED A DUBAI VISA? EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT STAYING OVERNIGHT? IM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS AND I WAS HOPING YOU GUYS CAN HELP. ALSO, I HEARD TODAY FROM A WOMAN, THAT THEY ONLY LET ONE SUITCASE PER PERSON IF TRAVELING THROUGH KABUL, IS THIS TRUE? I HEARD THAT DUBAI WILL TAKE ONE OF YOUR LUGGAGE AND LET YOU KEEP THE OTHER. I HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE.

PLEASEEEEE HELP MEEE....

I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL, AND GOOD LUCK...... :star:

no he doesnt need a visa for dubai or london.its just a transit.and i dont know how much luggage is allowed.

go to google.com and look up the airline he is coming on and go to its website and find the luggage allowed per person in FAQs(frequently asked questions).mostly the luggage allowed depends on the airline but in some situations it may depend on the airport you are coming from too.so you better make sure by checking the website or calling them.

and why would dubai people will take one suitcase doesnt make any sense.they wont.

Edited by transformer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes thats what I meant to ask, if u went to the Social security office to get status or did u apply again.I have heard it does take about a month and a lot of people have to apply again.If u applied again u just have to wait now to get it in the mail.

Yes you are right,checking the DS-230 Social security box does lead to problems some times.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: Timeline

Hello members, Just alittle update on our journey and question. My husband arrived in the U.S in November 2008 with a cr1 visa. We started our paperwork in Janaury 2008. It was a quick process for us even though we had many red flags. We are doing very well and he is adjusting fine. Got a job in March and his drivers licence in July, now he is taking classes in September. My question is we will be lifting conditions around November 2010 does he need to get any immunizations before we do this. He only has the shots they gave him in Islamabad for the interview. He has been bugging me to ask this question on here so I hope somebody can answer it. Thank you very much. I hope everybody gets thier visa's soon , especially the ones that have been waiting so long.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for the reply but they kept his passport back in April at his interview....

Well, I had dh email them and see what is going on. I guess it may be pending his pick up at AMEX? Is that possible? I guess if they printed it no need to be worried. I am trying to relax and remain calm. I do not want to get my nerves up and be put back in the hospital. I been too sick already.....Anyway, as soon as I know something I will inform you so that if this kind of thing ever happens to any of you then you can reflect back on my experience. Good luck! Praying for all of you.

Sweethearts, the important response is the response from the embassy in ISL... if he got the call request for him to submit his passport, you shouldn't overwhelm yourself sweety. The process is still pending until the embassy receives his passport. Once AMEX receives his passport, that is when you should call the DOS or call the AMEX that your husband submitted his passport to. If you know urdu, it's better because there will be good comprehension and communication, otherwise it will be hard to get a hold of someone who knows English at the AMEX in Pakistan.

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thanks Transformer for the info. I dont know why Dubai will take one of his suitcases, but my mothers friend's son was coming through kandahar airport, then in Dubai they took one of his luggage, and kept the other one. I hope the same doesnt happen for my fiance. Also, if anyone knows how long they keep people waiting in dubai??

thanks alot for writing backk....

good luck to all

Timeline

They shouldnt keep him waiting, hes just passing through to get to the states, I don't see any reason for concern. But you should check with the airlines about the luggage to find out what is all accepted. I'm pretty sure if your traveling internationally, your allowed 2 checked bags n a carry on. I went through Dubai on my way to pak and no problems at all. Good luck...

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline

sweethearts...

truly pending at USEM level probably means the process of them waiting to get the passport and then printing the visa and then going onwards with returning the passport back.

So hold your breath!

Itll happen before you know it.

.png

Timeline

Thanks Abenitez, I feel a lot better. I dont know why they will supposedly take one of his suitcase, but thats what i heard, so I hope insha'ALLAH you are right. Thank you so much for your help.

Good Luck to ALL}:)

:star: Guys Today i receive an email from USEM islamabad in this email they wrote me,

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that your visa is in final process and hopefully you will receive a call / letter very soon.

Contact our office after 1-2 weeks if you don’t hear anything from our office.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

American Embassy

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

+92-51-208-2700

Fax:+92-51-2822-632

Now i think it will be over soon..lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
:star: Guys Today i receive an email from USEM islamabad in this email they wrote me,

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that your visa is in final process and hopefully you will receive a call / letter very soon.

Contact our office after 1-2 weeks if you don’t hear anything from our office.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

American Embassy

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

+92-51-208-2700

Fax:+92-51-2822-632

Now i think it will be over soon..lol

Congradulationsssss!!! It's so gooood to hear that AP is not a stagnant process, rather it's being worked on alhamdulilah

ticker.png

Timeline

Sibtain, did they keep your passport? Or give it back to you at the interview???

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline

OKAY GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP. THIS IS A REALLY IMPORTANT MATTER TO ME, SO I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

WELL MY HUSBAND GOT HIS VISA TWO WEEKS AGO AND HE SCANNED HIS VISA AND PASSPORT TO KABUL AIRLINE TO BOOK A TICKET. HE DID THIS FROM KANDAHAR, AND HIS CLOSE FRIEND WILL BRING HIM THE TICKET FROM KABUL. MY DAD FOUND OUT AND HE SAID THIS WAS ILLEGAL AND HE WILL BE TROUBLED IN THE AIRPORT UPON HIS ARRIVAL TO THE US WHICH IS IN 5 DAYS!!! SO PLEASE HELP ME, IS THIS POSSIBLE WHAT HE DID, AND IS IT OKAY?? IS IT LEGAL? THE TICKET WAS 1100.00 US DOLLARS, I HOPE THE PEOPLE WERE NOT TRICKING HIM. PLEASE HELP MEEEE.......I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL.......

I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU HELP AND SUPPORT....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

PLEASE WRITE ASAP!!!

Sibtain, did they keep your passport? Or give it back to you at the interview???

Thanx Guys!

I do paryers always for those who are in AP speacially.

At my interview time they did not take my passport and becoz i aslo got missing document blue sheet so CO told me that i can send them my passport with missing document.

So i have sent them my passport with missing document that time.

Now i m sure they just need new medical or may be new PCC.I am just waitIng for thier call then i will arrange the new medicl certificate.

My question is that as i have send them my passport already,will it save my time?Will they print & paste the visa till i will send my updated reports?

What would be the procedure now according to my circumstances?

Thanx guys for ur support i will update if i will get any other further info.:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.