MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Visa was printed today!!!!!!!!!!! How long until he should get it? :dance:

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
OMG OMG OMG :dance::dance::dance:

My hubby just got a call from ISL USEM to submit his passport ASAP as his AP is in final review.I cudnt believe him and i thought he was joking . I am so GLAD n Thankful to Allah that it is finally over.

Short but yet painful 1 month n 10 days of AP.

Thanks for all the support n help i got from here Guys.....

Best of Luck to all u are stuck in AP,inshallah you will get will get out soon.just keep praying :)

p.s.my 3 month theory proved apparently wrong as i was expecting to get out of AP in october yesterday.

Congratulations!

Thanks for all the prayers if you prayed for us!

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congrats to all with visa in hand, isnt this weird, as soon as my fiance received his visa everyone else started to get them too. well i am glad that happened, and i will continue to pray for everyone else who is still in Ap......good luck and pray my fiance gets here soon, and has no problems in POE...thanks alllllll

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Its so good to read positive things on the Islamabad thread lately! Its awesome!

Spread the positive energy guys!!! Congrats to all of you and best of luck in your Journey to the States!

:yes:

.png

Timeline

Hey guys, congrats to all of you...I have a question. Our case is almost complete at NVC. I think we may get a September interview. Problem is, I cannot go to Pak in September, at least not til the very end of September. I know it sounds bad, but is there a way to reschedule the interview for October? How would we go about doing that? I absolutely have to be there for the interview. Please let me know if you have any advise or anything....thanks.

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline
Hey guys, congrats to all of you...I have a question. Our case is almost complete at NVC. I think we may get a September interview. Problem is, I cannot go to Pak in September, at least not til the very end of September. I know it sounds bad, but is there a way to reschedule the interview for October? How would we go about doing that? I absolutely have to be there for the interview. Please let me know if you have any advise or anything....thanks.

I have heard you can reschedule but most of the people are advised not to do it. I turned my papers in 3 weeks late in order to get the interview in the month we desired. It was not a bad idea as he got the interview date in 2 weeks.

Oh btw how long from visa printed until the visa is mailed to the applicant?

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

Timeline

hi all!

Hope you are doing fine! Congratulations to all who just got their visas! I wanted ask you something and would apperciate if you can help me in this thing.

My cousin's wife had an IV interview last week and she just got a visa in Pakistan. She is travelling here on this weekend, but she says that they never asked her to sign DS-230 part 2. My cousin is getting worried that it may be a problem at POE. What do you think about this?? Has this happen to anyone here?? Please Reply!! And we have an interview on 13, so please pray for us! Thanks!!

Timeline
hi all!

Hope you are doing fine! Congratulations to all who just got their visas! I wanted ask you something and would apperciate if you can help me in this thing.

My cousin's wife had an IV interview last week and she just got a visa in Pakistan. She is travelling here on this weekend, but she says that they never asked her to sign DS-230 part 2. My cousin is getting worried that it may be a problem at POE. What do you think about this?? Has this happen to anyone here?? Please Reply!! And we have an interview on 13, so please pray for us! Thanks!!

oops!!!She could have contacted the embassy regarding this but as u mentioned she is travelling this week,thats not possible.So her only choice is to travel now.Inshallah she wont have any problems at POE as she does has a valid immigrant visa but her green card processing might be delayed.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

Ok you all I am scared now! What does it mean if Thursday my status at DOS was visa printed and today it is Pending in the consulate? Is there some problem or are we on AP again at the embassy level? Can they print it and then put you on AP again? DOS said maybe they asked for his passport or something....but they kept his passport at the interview. So, what can this mean you all? Are we not going to get he visa after all? :blush::crying:

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

Ok you all I am scared now! What does it mean if Thursday my status at DOS was visa printed and today it is Pending in the consulate? Is there some problem or are we on AP again at the embassy level? Can they print it and then put you on AP again? DOS said maybe they asked for his passport or something....but they kept his passport at the interview. So, what can this mean you all? Are we not going to get he visa after all? :blush::crying:

Maybe by "pending at the embassy" DOS means that it is pending your husband receiving the visa; that is has not left the embassy yet or is not mailed out yet, so that is why it is pending. Otherwise, it does not make sense for DOS to tell you that your visa was printed on Thursday and now it is pending. When a visa is printed, that means it has been approved, and done with and ready to be given to your fiance...which is why they went ahead and printed it. Hope that this is the case. Post an update as soon as it is clear to you why it is pending after being printed, because it does not make sense to me that they put a visa into pending AFTER it is printed.

Goodluck, InshaAllah you will receive good news and this is nothing to worry about!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

Abitenez - a friend of mine got an interview date of Sept 30....and that was end of July. So surely if your case is completed now, you will most likely get an interview date of October. If not, worry about it after the interview date....see what you get and then reschedule if need be.

Sweethearts....visa printed means you are good to go. Pending at consulate level, might just mean that there is a delay at the consulate side, for some odd reason. Maybe they have a backlog, as visas are printed quicker nowadays, or something else. But don't worry...take off is around the corner.

.png

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i have a question.

a guy said if you go out of united states for more than 6 months(of course you have green card) and return back to USA after more than 6 months.you can never be a US citizen you can live on green card but you cant not avail citizenship.is it true?

i dont think its true.i think they will subtract the time from time required to be spent in USA to become eligible for citizenship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.