MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Well yes i meant leaving from karachi. sorry, lol. Umm he has not bought a ticket yet, because he has to renew his pakistan visa, and i was also wondering how far along they will issue him a ticket, i hope a week or two before ramadan... But honestly I dont care when he comes as long as he arrives here in ny safe and sound. I thank you all for your help. YOU ARE ALL IN MY DAILY PRAYERS. THIS IS A GOOD MONTH, SO HAVE SOME FAITH AND YOUR PRAYERS WILL BE HEARD. AMEEN.

a piece of advice:

if you want to save your hubby from strict security checks and interrogation/investigation(that might happen at the POE and can last for hours), mean behaviour of the immigration officers at the POE.DO NOT enter through JFK.JFK is the worst place to enter.everyone suggests not to enter america through JFK.my uncle who has been US citizen for 20 years had a tough time at JFK and another uncle who has a beard got stuck for 6 hours being interrogated.since you are from new york if you have another choice i will suggest you a different port of entry but if you dont have another choice(since he is probably coming from PIA and it lands only in JFK) then get ready for a tough time.sorry to disappoint you but its true in general after 9/11.but dont be scared everything will be fine. :thumbs: but be prepared and get all your documents.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

how strict is ISL embassy in checking income? i just got a job rite now and hav been working for one month. so only one pay stub to show plus letter of employment. i dont have anybody for sponsor either

so for ppl who have been thru the embassy can you give me advice. thanks

Edited by AG83

Timeline
Thanks everyone.

one more thing my parents are planning on moving to a new home in CA, now since all of our mails come there do you think USCIS would forward my husband's green card to the new address or u think it would become a problem w/providing them with a new address;

And approx. how long does it take to receive SSN, GC in the mail after POE?

Thanks

Farah

usually it takes about 3 weeks but it can take as long as 3 months.if you are in urgent need of SSN you better go to a near by social security office if you dont get it in 3 weeks and get from there.

there is a link on USCIS website where you can change your address in their database for later correspondence i tried it but in my case it didnt work and the documents were sent to the old address.

so,i suggest you to request the people living in your old house to mail you at your new address if not feasible call USCIS helpline and ask them.the number is on USCIS website.

Timeline
Salaam.

I am glad i found this desi ppl thread.

I am about to file for my wife I 130, and am confused about her address, its a village, and there is no street name or house number, just village post office name and district etc. I dont know if she'l be able to get her packets from embassy on this address. Can someone shed some light on it. someone who also used village address in pakistan with out any problems.

Or should I list her address in a city, where she does not live BUT will get the mail. Kya karoon main?

shukriyah.

janaab pareshaan na hon.hum hen na.

ok

first you dont need to worry because for every document they will send your wife you will also get the copy.

second just ask the address and put on I.130.dont worry.our case was similar we lived in a village too but we got all the documents.

third you can stay in touch by visting the bulliten and calling USCIS and NVC throughout the process so you are aware of every step and anticipate the documents.

fourth if you lose some documents you dont really need to panic you can ask another copy(for most of documents)

five fax and copy also work for most papers sent through embassy

six put your home address if its in a city or someone you can trust and can deliver the papers himself(could be some relative).

Timeline
hey guys I have a question, I wanted to know if there is anyway to have one yr extension rather than having to enter the states every 6months with green card?

Thanks

i have the same question.

i have researched everywhere and i found out that you can return in one year anytime but if you dont have a solid reason why you stayed for too long(more than 6 months and fail to convince the POE) your green card status might be canceled.i have even been to the US embassy pakistan website and clearly says if it has been more than 6 months you better go back as soon as possible(so you dont really have to worry if you have a reasonable excuse with proof).but if you want to live for more than 1 year and less than 2 years then you have to get re-entry permit and you have to provide proof why you have to stay outside of america for so long.

but still more than 6 months means risk.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Well yes i meant leaving from karachi. sorry, lol. Umm he has not bought a ticket yet, because he has to renew his pakistan visa, and i was also wondering how far along they will issue him a ticket, i hope a week or two before ramadan... But honestly I dont care when he comes as long as he arrives here in ny safe and sound. I thank you all for your help. YOU ARE ALL IN MY DAILY PRAYERS. THIS IS A GOOD MONTH, SO HAVE SOME FAITH AND YOUR PRAYERS WILL BE HEARD. AMEEN.

Ameeeeeeeen

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Transformer... as long as if your supervisor states your start of employment, your permanent position, your full-time/part-time status and estimated salary... that will be fine. The most important would be the starting of your employment

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
how strict is ISL embassy in checking income? i just got a job rite now and hav been working for one month. so only one pay stub to show plus letter of employment. i dont have anybody for sponsor either

Hey

ISL has to following their income thresholds.u didnt provide enough information ,were u working before,did u ever file tax.One pay stub n letter of employment is fine but u still need ur tax returns.

If u dont meet the requirements,a co-sponsor will be needed.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

a piece of advice:

if you want to save your hubby from strict security checks and interrogation/investigation(that might happen at the POE and can last for hours), mean behaviour of the immigration officers at the POE.DO NOT enter through JFK.JFK is the worst place to enter.everyone suggests not to enter america through JFK.my uncle who has been US citizen for 20 years had a tough time at JFK and another uncle who has a beard got stuck for 6 hours being interrogated.since you are from new york if you have another choice i will suggest you a different port of entry but if you dont have another choice(since he is probably coming from PIA and it lands only in JFK) then get ready for a tough time.sorry to disappoint you but its true in general after 9/11.but dont be scared everything will be fine. :thumbs: but be prepared and get all your documents.

this is completly FALSE! my fiance landed at JFK after SIXTEEN months of AP (security checks) and his immigration was about 10mins or less. and he has a V V common name. this is back in April of this year. If you are coming as an immigrant i m sure they do the checks before giving you the visa. It is different if you r a PR or USC.

I recommend you come on week days.

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Hey

ISL has to following their income thresholds.u didnt provide enough information ,were u working before,did u ever file tax.One pay stub n letter of employment is fine but u still need ur tax returns.

Indeed, you must meet the poverty level.

you need to also include at min. copy of your recent tax return w/W-2 or 1099 or tax return acct. transcript.

See instructions for I864/I134 which ever is applicable.

If you meet the income req. pay stubs, employer letters are all optional and not required.

Just be aware that this is a V V impt form, if not complete visa will not be issued!

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Hey

you need to also include at min. copy of your recent tax return w/W-2 or 1099 or tax return acct. transcript.

If you meet the income req. pay stubs, employer letters are all optional and not required.

Just be aware that this is a V V impt form, if not complete visa will not be issued!

hey thanks...i hav tax return from last year but since i was student i didnt work much. i only made about $2,000 in 2008. but this july i started working where i am making 1600 a month which will add up to a little more than the required poverty level. thats why all i have to show for my current income is one pay stub and employment letter. i cant find any co-sponsor so really confused

:blink: :blink:

Timeline

Hey

hey thanks...i hav tax return from last year but since i was student i didnt work much. i only made about $2,000 in 2008. but this july i started working where i am making 1600 a month which will add up to a little more than the required poverty level. thats why all i have to show for my current income is one pay stub and employment letter. i cant find any co-sponsor so really confused

enclose your t/r. and in your instance it might help to include employer letter and pay stubs.

letter should state nature of your job, dates, and salary info.

good lucks,

Timeline

Hey

enclose your t/r. and in your instance it might help to include employer letter and pay stubs.

letter should state nature of your job, dates, and salary info.

good lucks,

thanks a lot uv been really helpful :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yes, i don't think this is true transformer, My whole family has been coming through JFK forever, and doesn't matter which airport you come through you will interrogation. And also my husband doesn't have a beard, and is only 21 years of age, so i don't think he will have many problems. But it is all in ALLAH hands, but i thank you for trying to help. Thanks, also if anyone knows, from which airline should he come through? From karachi or Kandahar?? Which airline will give him the least problems???? PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP>>>>>:)

Timeline
Yes, i don't think this is true transformer, My whole family has been coming through JFK forever, and doesn't matter which airport you come through you will interrogation. And also my husband doesn't have a beard, and is only 21 years of age, so i don't think he will have many problems. But it is all in ALLAH hands, but i thank you for trying to help. Thanks, also if anyone knows, from which airline should he come through? From karachi or Kandahar?? Which airline will give him the least problems???? PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP>>>>>:)

my husband has a beard he is in his 20s ... he didn't have any problem @ JFK ... in fact he said the immi officers were v friendly.

Now my bro-in law almost always get stuck even though he has been a USC since 4ever... cuz he has a common name he has traveled through all the airlines and to many islands and countries he almost always get stuck in security check at every airport.

if u have a common terrorist name you will b stuck at any airport. the system red flags you and u must go through the checks, having a beard or airline doesn't have much impact on security checks.

Qatar airways is a pleasant ride.

your others r clean even if interrogated they will be let go, there is nothing to hide.

good lucks,

Edited by Revived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.