MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Update:-

I just got a call from the US Embassy in London (I am the USC). She was a CO, asked me a bunch of questions of our relationship, etc. In fact, she asked me questions VERY VERY similar to what they asked of my fiance at the time of his interview.

Yes, I am insulted in thinking that they are verifying our relationship and the facts, BUT I am happy that our case is not just sitting there and that they are actually WORKING on it.

Does this phone call mean we will get a decision ASAP? I asked the CO and she said that they will contact either of us if there are further questions otherwise they will pass the file on to (I don't remember) another department and then that person will make the decision.

What am I supposed to make of this? How much longer are we supposed we wait?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi all!

Do you think it's a good idea to email Islamabad Embassy to conform an interview appointment few days before an interview date??? Has anyone done that??

Didnt you get ur interview appointment letter/email ?That is ur confirmation so y stress over confirming it ?

It is not my first time dealing with stupid Embassy in Islamabad. They are very unpredictable. There were some people in the past whose interview dates were changed and they find this out when they went to the embassy.

Filed: Timeline

My friend, I think you are too much disappointed/worried. Like other, I also showed up and have no prob at all. I remember they cant find me in system, but i still got interview. Remebr if you have previous experince with Vist visa thats something else. Now you are with Immgration interview. This is not a joke. Just be nice with them and smile :yes: , Just dont dance :dance:

Timeline
It is not my first time dealing with stupid Embassy in Islamabad. They are very unpredictable. There were some people in the past whose interview dates were changed and they find this out when they went to the embassy.

I m sure that would have happened but it doesnt happen too often.As long as you have ur interview appiontment,it takes care of ur appointment unless they rescheduled u for a later date and u didnt receive that email/mail.If u still want to confirm,just give them a call.

Best of Luck

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

hi all!

Do you think it's a good idea to email Islamabad Embassy to conform an interview appointment few days before an interview date??? Has anyone done that??

Didnt you get ur interview appointment letter/email ?That is ur confirmation so y stress over confirming it ?

I think that was the time when there was a terror alert at the embassy in ISL (it's on the website under warden notices), and on the website they rescheduled all appointments on that day. I'm not sure if it's on a regular basis

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA,If its coming from the embassy its probably more than likely the final stage. London is aactually alot more pickier these days than Islamabad. Im sure you have the basis of a very solid relationship. Duas Inahallah soon

SISter laney where you been??

your hubby and kids getting cuter by the year

must be that mountain air, draws out the pushtoon blood

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

AOA,If its coming from the embassy its probably more than likely the final stage. London is aactually alot more pickier these days than Islamabad. Im sure you have the basis of a very solid relationship. Duas Inahallah soon

Yes, London has become stricter in terms of verifying qualifications for marriage-based or fiance visas. Please remember us in your duas that soon InshaAllah my fiance gets his visa in hand.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kiran just called with the good news. She was approved for K1 visa this morning. and was told that she will get the passport back within 2 weeks (NO AP)..

Interview: Lady counselor asked just one question: how did you meet? and congratulated Kiran on the visa. WOW

Kiran made an observation that the couselor was attaching the passport with our file as she asked the question.. Which makes me wonder if the decision was already made.........

No other proof of relationship was asked for. Didnt ask for photos either. She was out of the embassy by 10:30AM.

I think we got lucky here. Dont expect all the interviews to go like this.. Be prepared and have sufficient proof to go along.

Edited by Manohar

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
SISter laney where you been??

your hubby and kids getting cuter by the year

must be that mountain air, draws out the pushtoon blood

Hey Girl! I come back every once in awhile. I'm sure I'll be back tons more in sept when we go for naturalization. For now, just saving our pennies for trip back to ISL. We have 2 brothers getting married!

Are you getting ready for the fair?? I miss that butter cow :)

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Timeline
Kiran just called with the good news. She was approved for K1 visa this morning. and was told that she will get the passport back within 2 weeks (NO AP)..

Interview: Lady counselor asked just one question: how did you meet? and congratulated Kiran on the visa. WOW

Kiran made an observation that the couselor was attaching the passport with our file as she asked the question.. Which makes me wonder if the decision was already made.........

No other proof of relationship was asked for. Didnt ask for photos either. She was out of the embassy by 10:30AM.

I think we got lucky here. Dont expect all the interviews to go like this.. Be prepared and have sufficient proof to go along.

Congratulations!! Please let us know when she gets the visa!! I am glad that the interview was so easy for you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey guys I have a question, I wanted to know if there is anyway to have one yr extension rather than having to enter the states every 6months with green card?

Thanks

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.