MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Mahitab. I think he still has AP because he did not hear an exact approved did he? Karim had his interview several weeks back and they did not keep his passport but issued two sheets of paper. One white and one green. What is the deal with colors and keeping and not keeping of pasports. Anyone got any idea? What is the longest time for AP and does color of forms matter? Karim was told he is undergoing documentation administrative processing. How time consuming is this process? Please reply soon.

Maysa

Maysa,

Each CO operates differently and some keep the passports and some do not. There is nothing special about if they keep or return the passport after the interview. As far as the colors they do not matter for Islamabad and the color does not determine how long the AP lasts. AP does take time and depending on what they are verifying and the name and fingerprints the time can vary. I know the average in general for males on AP is 6 months but some clear sooner. Good luck on getting the visa in hand shortly.

Kris,

Good luck and it looks very promising for now. Please keep us posted and praying that the visa is in hand shortly.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone

I called DOS yesterday and wrote to the embassy asking the status of our case. The embassy wrote back and said the usual response "AP". DOS... did not give me the usual response. The lady told me that "Waheed WILL be getting his visa VERY SOON".... OMG. So I asked her what was the last update from the embassy. She told me "you wrote to the embassy and they responded What did they write to you?" Then before I could answer she said "Did they tell you AP?" I told her yes. Then she said "Listen to me, Waheed WILL be getting his visa VERY SOON". She would not give me anymore info than that.

:unsure: I dont know what is happening here. :crying: I am too afraid to get excited about this, only to be let down again.

peace

~kris

:dance::dance::dance:

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone

I called DOS yesterday and wrote to the embassy asking the status of our case. The embassy wrote back and said the usual response "AP". DOS... did not give me the usual response. The lady told me that "Waheed WILL be getting his visa VERY SOON".... OMG. So I asked her what was the last update from the embassy. She told me "you wrote to the embassy and they responded What did they write to you?" Then before I could answer she said "Did they tell you AP?" I told her yes. Then she said "Listen to me, Waheed WILL be getting his visa VERY SOON". She would not give me anymore info than that.

:unsure: I dont know what is happening here. :crying: I am too afraid to get excited about this, only to be let down again.

peace

~kris

keeping our fingers crossed that your wait will soon be coming to an end.

Filed: Timeline
Hi we are in Islamabad now! We are nervous about the interview! It is tomorrow as you know! Please pray for us!

You must be done by now. How did the interview go?

~Hello! So, sorry for the late response we have been so busy! The interview went smoothly and everything is fine according to the officer! Just waiting on the visa as per his request. They told him he has to pick up his passport with the visa on it when he is called from Amex. Is this meaning no AP or short AP? Need tips here! We will post the review soon, we are somewhat busy this week with family!~

~Dream Love~

congrats!

i suggest you both don't make any plans until you have his passport w/visa in hand!

mabrook once again

Hi Mahitab. I think he still has AP because he did not hear an exact approved did he? Karim had his interview several weeks back and they did not keep his passport but issued two sheets of paper. One white and one green. What is the deal with colors and keeping and not keeping of pasports. Anyone got any idea? What is the longest time for AP and does color of forms matter? Karim was told he is undergoing documentation administrative processing. How time consuming is this process? Please reply soon.

Maysa

Maysa,

I have no idea I am just going to leave on my scheduled date as planned and if he does not have his visa in hand he will stay here. I am not going to get excited or start planning anything because I do not trust Islamabad. Overall the interview was not very intensive and they never asked for evidence of relationship. They only wanted to see the pics. The guy was white with a short beard and he smiled the entire time. When I post my review you will know more. I guess I will have Samir do that from his id because it was more of his experience than my own.

Mary,

Do you think he still has to undergo AP? What does it sound like to you?

Ok, please let me know thank you.

~Dream Love~

Filed: Timeline
Hi we are in Islamabad now! We are nervous about the interview! It is tomorrow as you know! Please pray for us!

You must be done by now. How did the interview go?

~Hello! So, sorry for the late response we have been so busy! The interview went smoothly and everything is fine according to the officer! Just waiting on the visa as per his request. They told him he has to pick up his passport with the visa on it when he is called from Amex. Is this meaning no AP or short AP? Need tips here! We will post the review soon, we are somewhat busy this week with family!~

~Dream Love~

congrats!

i suggest you both don't make any plans until you have his passport w/visa in hand!

mabrook once again

Maysa

Maysa,

I have no idea I am just going to leave on my scheduled date as planned and if he does not have his visa in hand he will stay here. I am not going to get excited or start planning anything because I do not trust Islamabad. Overall the interview was not very intensive and they never asked for evidence of relationship. They only wanted to see the pics. The guy was white with a short beard and he smiled the entire time. When I post my review you will know more. I guess I will have Samir do that from his id because it was more of his experience than my own.

Mary,

~Dream Love~

Kris...good luck to you and hope he gets his visa soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone

peace

~kris

wow kris ,this was a great respound from USE and ,I wish and pray for waheed to get his visa soon

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i just called DOS and asked on any update on my husband AP he said it shows that they are currnetly working on his AP ,,2 days back i wrote an email to USE i explained my health condetion as i have gone through one surgery late actober all alone and how difficult it was ,and facing another surgery in june 8th i also mentioned if they need medical paper to prove that i will send it to them,,i also wrote another email to my congrassman to up date him as the second surgery was not kown to me till last week,,,now my question is ,do u think there has been some action taken that the DOS said they currently working my case

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Timeline
Mary,

~Dream Love~

Dream Love,

It does not sound like AP but until he gets the visa only USE knows for sure. I hope that he has the visa in hand shortly and you both can travel back together.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Hi Everyone

peace

~kris

Thanks everyone

When I told Waheed what DOS told me he said he did not believe them and told me to call them again today. So I did. Today, I got a different operator and she told me the same thing. I asked if we were still in AP and she said yes, but there are only a few very small things left to do and Waheed will be getting his visa very very soon. She told me that if the embassy does not call Waheed this week that I should call them back on Monday. OMGGGGGGGGGGGG. I cannot even believe this is real. :unsure:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone

peace

~kris

Thanks everyone

When I told Waheed what DOS told me he said he did not believe them and told me to call them again today. So I did. Today, I got a different operator and she told me the same thing. I asked if we were still in AP and she said yes, but there are only a few very small things left to do and Waheed will be getting his visa very very soon. She told me that if the embassy does not call Waheed this week that I should call them back on Monday. OMGGGGGGGGGGGG. I cannot even believe this is real. :unsure:

peace

~kris

it's true=) they will call him soon =)

loads of lucks!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline
Salam all,

Please except my apologies for not being able to reply to your posts earlier. I ran a marathon over the weekend and I was sleeping for hours after that, therefore I couldn’t check the posts.

Yes, It is true. We received our passport in 3 days. I was surprised to see it too because I have read that at times it take up to three weeks for people in Karachi to receive their passports.

but I think the reason may have been because I live 5 miles away from the embassy and they simply hand deliver the passport to our local AmEx facility in Islamabad.

My advice would be to simply (take no tension). The passport will somehow make it to our homes.

Shan.

My fiancee got her passport and visa back today. She interviewed March 27 and picked it up today in Karachi. What a relief that this is over...it will make my trip to Karachi this weekend less stressful knowing that she will be coming home with me when i return to the states.

:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :dance::dance::dance:

Best Wishes to you and your fiancee :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Timeline
i just called DOS and asked on any update on my husband AP he said it shows that they are currnetly working on his AP ,,2 days back i wrote an email to USE i explained my health condetion as i have gone through one surgery late actober all alone and how difficult it was ,and facing another surgery in june 8th i also mentioned if they need medical paper to prove that i will send it to them,,i also wrote another email to my congrassman to up date him as the second surgery was not kown to me till last week,,,now my question is ,do u think there has been some action taken that the DOS said they currently working my case

Oh that sounds like very good news Fire w wind :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Fire w wind, they would never say that no one is working on your case, and thats what have been listening from them but there is no movement in my case, anyways it also depend on ones luck. and i know now for sure that i have such a bad-luck :crying:. hope someone is REALLY WORKIN on your case. and yeah if they have asked for the medical papers DO send them asap and also make the congressional inquiry and also show those medical reports to the person who will make the inquiry on your behalf. its my personal thinking that embassy do have some power to ask the dos to ask other agencies which are involve in the security clearance to give the results fasters. i could be wrong but... yeah.

Good Luck

Hi Everyone

peace

~kris

Thanks everyone

peace

~kris

Very good news sweet kris.I m very happy for both of u.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.