MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Should we have gotten out packet 3 by now? They sent it on Jan 28th. This forms list here that you put : Two copies DS-156(DS-156 needs to be done on this website https://evisaforms.state.gov/)

One copy DS-230

One copy DS-156K

One copy DS-157

Birth certificate with english translation (original)

Death certificate or Divorce certificate if previously married (and translations) (original)

I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from petitioner(I did get my i-134 notarize) & supporting documents, including:

Copies of petitioner/sponsors fed. tax returns (last three years)

Proof of employment

Proof of assets

Beneficiaries passport (copy)

Two passport size photos

Police certificates

Have them ready & turn in to Amex once you get packet 3.5. Police report can take time so try to get this asap. Packet 4 will have interview letter and medical instructions.

Is this what we have to get all of this online for K3 too? Please help me! Do not want to waste time!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

DS-156 does the site send the fprm automatically or I need to print and send it to my fiance?

Where did you get the I-134 notarized from? can it be done by someone who is state licensed. Like I asked my tax preparer and he said he will do it for $40.

I am thinking of depositing $8,000 into my bank account to receive bank records. Will that be enough or they look at when the money was deposited? does the date deposited really matters to them?

This is what they asked my fiance to provide.

DS-156 2 PIECES FILL ONLINE (TRAVELSTATE.GOV)

DS-157

DS-230 FILL UP PART 1

DS-156K

DS-157 FOR MALE?

I-134 (REV 12-1-84)Y NOTARIZED

MY 2008 TAX RETURN PAPERS

BIRTH CERTIFICATE (ORIGINAL AND COPY)

BENEFICIARY 2 PASSPORT PHOTOS

BENEFICIARY POLICE CERTIFICATE

BENEFICIARY PASSPORT

I wonder why they did not ask for EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER, PAY CHECK STUBS yet. Maybe that is part of interview step. I am going to send them anyway just incase.

Another question is that she received a form (I can't figure that one out) asking her about her parents information. Do you know what form is that. Funny I never came across such thing.

LoveU.jpg

Timeline
Packet 4 will also have that parents form. If you dont get this, lemme noe. I have it saved on my PC. You pay 131$ for K1 :)

Oh YES YES I need a copy of parents form PLEASE. So you got it with packet 4? how come she got it in packet 3?

Plus do I really need to send my last 3 years tax return paper or 2008 would do?

LoveU.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
DS-156 does the site send the fprm automatically or I need to print and send it to my fiance?

Where did you get the I-134 notarized from? can it be done by someone who is state licensed. Like I asked my tax preparer and he said he will do it for $40.

I am thinking of depositing $8,000 into my bank account to receive bank records. Will that be enough or they look at when the money was deposited? does the date deposited really matters to them?

This is what they asked my fiance to provide.

DS-156 2 PIECES FILL ONLINE (TRAVELSTATE.GOV)

DS-157

DS-230 FILL UP PART 1

DS-156K

DS-157 FOR MALE?

I-134 (REV 12-1-84)Y NOTARIZED

BIRTH CERTIFICATE (ORIGINAL AND COPY)

BENEFICIARY 2 PASSPORT PHOTOS

BENEFICIARY POLICE CERTIFICATE

BENEFICIARY PASSPORT

I wonder why they did not ask for EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER, PAY CHECK STUBS yet. Maybe that is part of interview step. I am going to send them anyway just incase.

Another question is that she received a form (I can't figure that one out) asking her about her parents information. Do you know what form is that. Funny I never came across such thing.

for k-1 job letter etc culd b a secondary proof (n the package did state [atleast the onewe rec'vd when we did our k-1 ]as secondary proofs).. u may include that we did!

mayb they have changed the package.... heard the rumors they have modified their k-1 package!

lucks

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

~Dream~Love~ I think you should wait one more week. I am sure you will get it next week. If not, just email/call the Embassy & ask them to resend it. And Yes K3 requirment forms r pretty much the same. Have them ready :thumbs:

b4byd09No website is not gonna send the form automatically. You or you SO need to print this form & make sure you print DS156 twice & also print that barcode page. I went to my city library & got it notarized for free. Bank can also do it(for free). Court can do it(but dont think they will charge you 40$ lol. It will be more like 6 or 7$). They dont look at your bank account. If you have sufficient income. You can simply leave all asset portions of the affidavit blank. As long as your income meet 125% above poverty level, then you really dont need all that. I did send them all my Bank papers(just to be on safe side) like Bank verification letter & deposit and stuff. No, Employment letter & Paystubs are not for interview. You need to send em with your packet 3.5. Employment letter is a must thing IMO.

I will give you that parents form wheneva I go home(later today). Print & fill out two copies. Send one with your packet 3.5 & the other with your SO interview(just to be on the safe side)

Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline

Plus do I really need to send my last 3 years tax return paper or 2008 would do?

Last three years I suggest :)

Timeline
~Dream~Love~ I think you should wait one more week. I am sure you will get it next week. If not, just email/call the Embassy & ask them to resend it. And Yes K3 requirment forms r pretty much the same. Have them ready :thumbs:

b4byd09No website is not gonna send the form automatically. You or you SO need to print this form & make sure you print DS156 twice & also print that barcode page. I went to my city library & got it notarized for free. Bank can also do it(for free). Court can do it(but dont think they will charge you 40$ lol. It will be more like 6 or 7$). They dont look at your bank account. If you have sufficient income. You can simply leave all asset portions of the affidavit blank. As long as your income meet 125% above poverty level, then you really dont need all that. I did send them all my Bank papers(just to be on safe side) like Bank verification letter & deposit and stuff. No, Employment letter & Paystubs are not for interview. You need to send em with your packet 3.5. Employment letter is a must thing IMO.

I will give you that parents form wheneva I go home(later today). Print & fill out two copies. Send one with your packet 3.5 & the other with your SO interview(just to be on the safe side)

Do we have to get DS156 notorized? The form's instrustions didn't require it.

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

no

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

no

i think they were talkin' about i-134 .. that has to be notorized!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

It's Friday, :dance::dance:

Have a good weekend guys. I will have more to share on Monday.

Shan.

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Timeline

Shan SohailThe new(er) version of I-134 does not need to be notarized. But If I were you, I would still get it notarized cuz we're dealing with ISL Embassy. DS156 doesn't need to be.

b4byd09 Here is parents form http://s5.tinypic.com/s48ewp.jpg

MaryandMiyan I wrote an email to Embassy, they told me she might receive visa within 3 weeks. Does it really take that long? Good lord I thot I was done with Embassy Hell but now I have to wait more :blush:

Timeline

I am done filling up all the paper work. faisalshirin I just saved the parents form and going to fill it up on adobe. I can't fill and print out ds-156 yet cause the Pakistan passport agency is so pathetic. she was told she will get her passport on the 4th of this month. she called them to see what is going with it and they said it's going to take another week or so. LAME.

I got the I-134 notarized from Fedex kinkos. They charged me $10 for it. Not bad compare to my tax preparer who asked me for $40. lolz.

My printer is acting up and did not print out the logo on forms. Is that going to be any problem?

LoveU.jpg

Timeline
I am done filling up all the paper work. faisalshirin I just saved the parents form and going to fill it up on adobe. I can't fill and print out ds-156 yet cause the Pakistan passport agency is so pathetic. she was told she will get her passport on the 4th of this month. she called them to see what is going with it and they said it's going to take another week or so. LAME.

I got the I-134 notarized from Fedex kinkos. They charged me $10 for it. Not bad compare to my tax preparer who asked me for $40. lolz.

My printer is acting up and did not print out the logo on forms. Is that going to be any problem?

That sux. Tell your fiance to keep bugging them and stay on thr tails until she gets her passport. And yes print out the form with logo.. Yaar we all are dealing with Pak embassy. Btw, now you can do your tax online...Why pay somebody to do your taxes?

Timeline

That sux. Tell your fiance to keep bugging them and stay on thr tails until she gets her passport. And yes print out the form with logo.. Yaar we all are dealing with Pak embassy. Btw, now you can do your tax online...Why pay somebody to do your taxes?

hey hey now now! i m a CPA!!! we dun charge as much=P how am i gonna earn my salary=P

y did u pay $10 when u culd've done it for FREE from ur bank! well now it's done!

lucks guys,

Edited by Revived

Timeline

This guy has magic. Don't know what he does but I get tons of refund back. Like say every year I get 6 grands. shhhhhhhhhhh. Dont tell anyone. haha. so where is everyone from here? I will start with me. I am from Kohat city NWFP Pakistan. That makes me Pakhtun. winx.

LoveU.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.