chemarc

Traveling While Under Conditional Permanent Residence

35 posts in this topic

I-551 stamp or note or what ever u call it is attached to her visa issued by the embassy,now if she already have her SSN it's fine but why don't she wait for her Green card (Conditional Green card) before she left USA????

because based from what i read she only got her SSN,the fact that SSN arrived few weeks prior to her entry and 1 1/2months of her GC from point of entry, but sometimes it depends.

so i guess she need it both when she come back, just a proof that she is a permanent resident of USA eventhough just a conditional..........

yes she has a visa,I-551 stamp and SSN but what if the immigration officer ask for her GC????so that's the problem........

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just called her. The stamp is in there. It says Dept of Homeland Security: Sept 29, 2008 - Sept 29, 2010. Is that it? I would think that is the two year permanent residence card.

The temporary stamp is only good for one year.... It has nothing to do with the actual expiration of the physical card because it is TEMPORARY until the physical card arrives.

YMMV

I just called her. The stamp is in there. It says Dept of Homeland Security: Sept 29, 2008 - Sept 29, 2010. Is that it? I would think that is the two year permanent residence card.

The temporary stamp is only good for one year.... It has nothing to do with the actual expiration of the physical card because it is TEMPORARY until the physical card arrives.

So since she will be coming back in March, it will not even be close to a year yet. I have no idea why we haven't received the GC yet, but nothing surprises me anymore based on how slow this system is. All I want to know is if that stamp will be able to get my wife back to USA, and as some fellow members already stated, it sounds like it will.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So since she will be coming back in March, it will not even be close to a year yet. I have no idea why we haven't received the GC yet, but nothing surprises me anymore based on how slow this system is. All I want to know is if that stamp will be able to get my wife back to USA, and as some fellow members already stated, it sounds like it will.

Yes, the I-551 stamp in passport will allow re-entry, you will NOT have any problems.

Note: CR-1 is a single use visa, the I-551 stamp that is issued at the POE allows future re-entries, the I-551 stamp typically is marked valid for 1 year, this gives USCIS plenty of time to mail out the actual green-card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is a bit strange that you are saying that the time stamp is showing 2 years instead of the normal 1 year. Are you sure that your wife is lookiung at the right page in her passport? I would want to double check to make sure she found the actual I551 stamp page and is not somehow reading the dates from other markings that are not the I-551.

-Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.