anka

Interview: Success!!!

25 posts in this topic

This is great news! Congratulations! Yulia has her interview in 7 weeks and wants to do the medical interview and embassy interview on the same trip to Moscow. Her interview in on a Tuesday and she will probably want to do the medical on Monday. Hearing this from you makes me feel better about her decision to wait until the last minute.

Thanks! I hope your Yulia's interview/medical goes well too!

Yeah, just make sure she has all the doc's in order, of course, and she should be fine! Do you know which clinic she'll be going to?

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Congrats, and good luck on the rest of your Visa Journey!

Thank you Slim! You (and so many others) have been such a massive help to us.

Yeah, this journey is far from over, but at least we can be together now. Yay! And I'm sure I'll be asking 1000 and 500 more questions in the near future!

Good luck to you and your girl too! :star:

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Cool!Congrats! :dance:

When is he coming over to the States?

Thanks!

Vasya should be coming March 17 - give or take a day or so. I can't wait!

How's married life treating you? :star:

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
This is great news! Congratulations! Yulia has her interview in 7 weeks and wants to do the medical interview and embassy interview on the same trip to Moscow. Her interview in on a Tuesday and she will probably want to do the medical on Monday. Hearing this from you makes me feel better about her decision to wait until the last minute.

Yeah, just make sure she has all the doc's in order, of course, and she should be fine! Do you know which clinic she'll be going to?

I don't which clinic she'll be going to. Do you have a recommendation? Was an appointment necessary or did Vasya just arrive at the clinic? Spasibo. :)

Filed: Timeline
I don't which clinic she'll be going to. Do you have a recommendation? Was an appointment necessary or did Vasya just arrive at the clinic? Spasibo. :)

There was a problem with one of the clinics some time ago, but those problems seem to have been resolved. She will definitely want to make an appointment. All of the info will be in her packet from the consulate.

Dogspot -

Ne za chto! :)

Ok, I asked my fiance which clinic he went to (honestly, I hadn't even asked him til now!), where it is, and what he suggested. Being the forever helpful Vasya that he is, he wrote quite a long "description" for you :hehe: ...and all in English too! (I'm shocked!) :thumbs:

Here's what he wrote you:

My medical exam was at Medicina clinic - Mayakovskaya metro in Moscow.

She will get result the next day after exam there. But she can ask for faster service if she needs. I paid 100$. Vaccination is not required if she doing a K-1 visa. But if she doesn't have all vaccines she will need to get them in USA...

Ok, so clnic is near Mayakovskaya metro stop. She must to go to the exit on 1st Tverskya Yamskaya St. (1-ая Тверская Ямская улица). and go to the right toward 2nd Tverskoy Yamskoy pereulok (2-ой Тверской Ямской переулок). Turn to the right on intersection at 1st Tverskya Yamskaya St. and 2nd Tverskoy Yamskoy pereulok. And She will see big building with writting Medicina. 5 minutes walk from the metro. Also she can pay for DHL airway bill there (she must have this airway bill at interview). DHL office is on 1st Tverskya Yamskaya St. but entrance is on opposite side. There is undergraund crossing on the street. Turn to the right from crossing and through 100-150 metres she will see small door with tag DHL there.

Also she can get further information here :

If she need I can write by Russian and explain much better and Anya can forward my mail to her.

Счастливо!

Vasiliy

The website he mentioned - http://www.zaokeanom.com/forum/forum24.html - is like a Russian version of Visajourney and super informative, etc. It's helped him out immenly. And, personally, I read it sometimes just for the Russian perspective about all this. :jest:

Anyway, I hope this helps some. As Vasya said, he can explain ieverything in Russian to your fiance if she needs it - especially if you cannot decipher anything he wrote ^_^

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Timeline
Dogspot -

Ne za chto! :)

Ok, I asked my fiance which clinic he went to (honestly, I hadn't even asked him til now!), where it is, and what he suggested. Being the forever helpful Vasya that he is, he wrote quite a long "description" for you :hehe: ...and all in English too! (I'm shocked!) :thumbs:

Here's what he wrote you:

My medical exam was at Medicina clinic - Mayakovskaya metro in Moscow.

She will get result the next day after exam there. But she can ask for faster service if she needs. I paid 100$. Vaccination is not required if she doing a K-1 visa. But if she doesn't have all vaccines she will need to get them in USA...

Ok, so clnic is near Mayakovskaya metro stop. She must to go to the exit on 1st Tverskya Yamskaya St. (1-ая Тверская Ямская улица). and go to the right toward 2nd Tverskoy Yamskoy pereulok (2-ой Тверской Ямской переулок). Turn to the right on intersection at 1st Tverskya Yamskaya St. and 2nd Tverskoy Yamskoy pereulok. And She will see big building with writting Medicina. 5 minutes walk from the metro. Also she can pay for DHL airway bill there (she must have this airway bill at interview). DHL office is on 1st Tverskya Yamskaya St. but entrance is on opposite side. There is undergraund crossing on the street. Turn to the right from crossing and through 100-150 metres she will see small door with tag DHL there.

Also she can get further information here :

If she need I can write by Russian and explain much better and Anya can forward my mail to her.

Счастливо!

Vasiliy

The website he mentioned - http://www.zaokeanom.com/forum/forum24.html - is like a Russian version of Visajourney and super informative, etc. It's helped him out immenly. And, personally, I read it sometimes just for the Russian perspective about all this. :jest:

Anyway, I hope this helps some. As Vasya said, he can explain ieverything in Russian to your fiance if she needs it - especially if you cannot decipher anything he wrote ^_^

Wow! Thank you so much. This is great information. Please tell Vasya thank you from both of us. Fortunately, Yulia knows English well enough to read this and she knows her way around Moscow, having lived there for the past 6 years. She should be very familiar with the area that Vasya describes. :thumbs:

It must be very exciting for you right now. I am excited for the both of you. When will Vasya be here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Dogspot -

, Yulia knows English well enough to read this and she knows her way around Moscow, having lived there for the past 6 years. She should be very familiar with the area that Vasya describes. :thumbs:

haha I dunno i have lived in my city 8 years and I get lost at least once a week :-( hehehe

Timeline
Hi everyone!

My fiance, Vasya, was APPROVED for a K1 visa on January 21! I must say that hearing the good news was the best birthday present ever! :dancing::wub::dancing:

For anyone, interested Vasya said that the only painful thing about his whole interview experience in Moscow was having to wait outside the embassy in the freeezing cold! Other than that, he said it was total breeze! The officer asked him just 2 simple questions: "How did you two meet?" and "How is Anna's [me] Russian?" To the second question Vasya replied, "Her Russian's quite good but sometimes it can be a little difficult for her." He said that the officer laughed and joked: "Well, it can be a little difficult for me too... except all the time!"

Other than glancing over the financial documents and other required paperwork, that was all! He didn't even want to see any of the pictures, emails, notes, cards and other lovey-dovey junk that we'd both spent hours putting together and organizing! :rolleyes:

By the way, he completed his whole medical exam on January 19 - despite my worries about it being only 2 days before the interview - and said that it was simple as well. So... knocking out both the medical and the interview in one trip is definitely doable, especially if short on time (and cash).

Congradulations :dance::dance::dance: It is a great feeling isn't it? Definitely a memory both people will remember for the rest of their lives assuming the marriage takes place and works out lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.