6 posts in this topic

I am confused about whether or not I have to do the I-693 Medical.

To get the K-1 I had a medical done in London. Those results are now sealed in the brown envelope to hand in at POE.

Do I need to get another medical/vaccinations MMR done again for AOS with the I-693 form? Or do I only need to hand in a vaccinations form? If so, do I call the exam place in London to send me a copy (do i ask for a copy of the complete medical or just the vaccinations?) or do i call my personal doctor for a copy of all the vaccinations i had?

If I do I need another complete medical do I have to wait until I get to the states to do it or can i do it before I leave with my personal doctor?

Sorry for all the questions and ifs and buts-- i need a good clarification on this!!

Thank You!

.png

I am confused about whether or not I have to do the I-693 Medical.

To get the K-1 I had a medical done in London. Those results are now sealed in the brown envelope to hand in at POE.

Do I need to get another medical/vaccinations MMR done again for AOS with the I-693 form? Or do I only need to hand in a vaccinations form? If so, do I call the exam place in London to send me a copy (do i ask for a copy of the complete medical or just the vaccinations?) or do i call my personal doctor for a copy of all the vaccinations i had?

If I do I need another complete medical do I have to wait until I get to the states to do it or can i do it before I leave with my personal doctor?

Sorry for all the questions and ifs and buts-- i need a good clarification on this!!

Thank You!

The medical for a K1'er is valid for one year from the time it was done. If you're still in London (I think you are) then you should obtain copies of everything that went into the "brown envelope".

At the very minimum, you should get a copy of your vaccinations. There are RFE's issued to some (there seems no ryme or reason) for I-693 Vaccination supplement during the AOS process. Some have included it in their AOS submittal, others such as myself did not since I don't have a record of what vaccinations my wife got when she had her "in country physical".

If you don't have a record of what vaccinations you were given then it's hard to comply with the request, as in my case.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

Yes, wherein the confusion lies. Many K1'ers aren't given vaccination information at time of the "in country medical" and this information is subsequently sealed in the infamous "brown envelope".

I asked my wife to get copies (at time of her medical) of what was enclosed within the "brown envelope" but she was refused by the medical facility.

This is not an uncommon situation and I expect an RFE for the vaccination supplement given I did not submit one with my AOS package.

I did supply a letter describing the circumstance and we'll see how they handle the situation.

So, if you want to be prudent and circumvent any problems further down the line, at the very minimum get a record of your vaccinations before leaving London.

miss_me_yet.jpg

What's a vaccination supplement?

This is the Vaccination supplement.post-3638-1139948259_thumb.jpg

And I am haveing a heck of a time getting anyone to fill it out for a decent amount of money.We have her shot recored DS-3025 from the Panel Physician approved by the US Embassy in Thailand.Crazy

Edited by blue eyes

Greg (USA)and Yai (Thailand)

02/10/04...Sent I-129F to Texas

05/10/04...TSC received I-129F

21/10/04...Receive NOA-1 from CSC.

09/11/04...By e-mail I-129F APPROVED and NOA-2mailed 08/Nov./04

12/11/04...Received NOA-2 from CSC.NVC received I-129F APPROVAL from USCIC

16/11/04...Receive e-mail from NVC,entering approved petetion into the system and assigned a case #

20/11/04...Receive letter from NVC they have I-129F and assiagned a BNK case #

29/11/04...Turn in DS-230part 1 and check list to US Consulate Thailand.They also asked for 2 photos of Yai at this time.Did not recieve interview date at this time due to person assigning dates left for the day.Will recieve date in the mail,took 1 hour

07/12/04...Yai recieves letter with instrutions about interview from US Consulate with invterview date

24/02/05...Pay Visa fee in Bangkok at Post office

01/03/05...Yai has visa interview

02/03/05...We pick up Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/06/05...Welcome to the U.S.A.

04/15/06...Offical marriage in U.S.A.(Tax Day) ;) ;)

Everything we have done was without the help of an attorney.We have not had any problems thus far and will not,I believe.

Lovekindness will enable this life and many more to most enjoyable. .^_^.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.