noura

T-T-T-Tuesday!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone... I'm off to work soon, busy day today. I was just wondering what's happened to Jordanian Princess? Have seen her around lately.... anyone know how she is?

C'mon consulates.... let's get some visas processed!!!! WORK, WORK, WORK!!!! :P

Noura

Oh yea.... I forgot to say: Sabah Alkhair!!!! that's Moroccan arabic (Darija) for "good morning"... so there ya have it! :P

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sabah Alkhair! :D

Back to work today. I left early yesterday because Wadi called me because he was having lower back spasms. So I took him to the doctor, and it turns out it's just a muscle sprain. He must have just needed a little TLC, because he's feeling much better this morning, thank goodness!

It was cute because when we arrived, he thought we were at the hospital, but I had to explain to him that it was just a large complex of doctors' offices. I don't think he'd ever seen anything like it before.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Remembering back to my arabic class (oh so long ago), in Egypt, when someone greets you with "Sabah al Khaer", you respond with "Sabah el Noor" (morning of light).

So, Sabah el Noor!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hey everyone!!!! how is yall tuesday going so far? my tuesday has been pretty boring. trying to pass the week. only 105 more days til i go home for a visit. im glad i moved my trip up a mth, seems so much closer. ive been lookin in detail at flights and ive picked mine. i wasnt going to go with airfrance, but i decided they are the best for me. i will have a 7hr layover going to newark, and a 5hr layover coming home in dec, so i figure that i wont have to worry about missing my connecting flights with times like that. i like to make sure my plans are very well organized. this will be my first time flying alone, since its only my second time flying lol. anyyyyyway.......

nothing new on the immigration front. just chillin back waitin for some kind of response.

hope this week brings good news to those waiting!!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

jessNgeorges - hope that time will be kind to you and days will pass as fast as you wish them to go...and remember that flying gets better and better with every trip...hope that you will get some good news regarding your case...

Good for you USMA :thumbs: ...hope that you have a wonderful trip...15 days...that is so close...how long will you stay?

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

Good morning everyone... hope that you all have a lovely and wonderful day! My prayers and my thoughts are with each and every one of us today...

God Bless us all!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Timeline

Or..sabah el ward (morning of roses), sabah el full (morning of jasmine) or if you wanna be a smart ### like my husband you say...sabah el fuul (morning of fuul). :D

Remembering back to my arabic class (oh so long ago), in Egypt, when someone greets you with "Sabah al Khaer", you respond with "Sabah el Noor" (morning of light).

So, Sabah el Noor!

Morning USMA! I've got 18 more days until I'll be in Egypt with my habibi!!! I'd say..yeah it's too early to pack, lol. Last time I went to Egypt I packed the morning of my trip. I was still packing while the car was running waiting to take me to the airport. :D

Good morning! I've got 15 more days and I'll be in Morocco with my fiance!!!!!! Is it too early to be packed now?! :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Or..sabah el ward (morning of roses), sabah el full (morning of jasmine) or if you wanna be a smart ### like my husband you say...sabah el fuul (morning of fuul). :D

LOL! I'm going to tell my husband that. We're very lucky that the little corner groccery store by our apartment is run by arabs and stocks fuul. My husband could live on that stuff.

Have fun in Egypt!

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

My thoughts are with everyone that they hear good news very soon and can be with their loved ones as quickly as possible.

ella74ny-I'll be in Morocco for 3 weeks. It's been 6 months since I've seen my fiance. I'm very grateful that I get the chance to go to visit him again.

Timeline
ella74ny-I'll be in Morocco for 3 weeks. It's been 6 months since I've seen my fiance. I'm very grateful that I get the chance to go to visit him again.

Sounds like a great trip indeed and well overdue...Three weeks - that is truly a blessing...everytime I went there it was only for 10 days and it was never enough...so .... enjoy every moment of it and do not forget some pictures for us... :lol: Are you planing to do some traveling in Morocco or will you be only around Khemissette? ...

Dorothy

Edited by ella74ny

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
Good morning! I've got 15 more days and I'll be in Morocco with my fiance!!!!!! Is it too early to be packed now?! :unsure:

Funny, no 15 days is definately not too early for packing. I went shopping the month before I went, bought suitcases, clothes, new shoes (stupid shoes, i got pretty strappy high heels and i never did get the chance to wear em... comfort won out over pretty in the end) but seriously, I had everything from toiletries to medicines bought and packed weeks before and never touched any of it till i was there. Worst part was, i took 2 jumbo cases stuffed to the max, and should have went with just a carry on. When I got there I was showered with gifts of clothes etc and hardly wore anything I took.

*Met Online 3/11/05

*Met in person 3/11/06

*NOA1 5/1/06

*Imbra RFE received by CSC 7/18/06

*NOA2 8/10/06

*9/28/06 Packet Received

*10/11/06 Interview Success

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Funny, no 15 days is definately not too early for packing. I went shopping the month before I went, bought suitcases, clothes, new shoes (stupid shoes, i got pretty strappy high heels and i never did get the chance to wear em... comfort won out over pretty in the end) but seriously, I had everything from toiletries to medicines bought and packed weeks before and never touched any of it till i was there. Worst part was, i took 2 jumbo cases stuffed to the max, and should have went with just a carry on. When I got there I was showered with gifts of clothes etc and hardly wore anything I took.

LOL i f 15 days is too early to pack i guess i am really too early! ive started putting my things together, i mean im not like packed packed, but ive bought some gifts for my family that are already in the suitcase, along with some fall clothes for back home..................have a great trip hun!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

We are going to be traveling quite a bit from the North to the South of Morocco. But we will also be in Khemisset with his family for a while for our fiance party.

What are your favorite places to visit in Morocco?

The first time I was there, we went to the Atlas Mountains (to see the monkeys-sooooooooo cool-but then it doesn't take much for me to get excited-being an Iowa farmer's daughter and all :blush: ) and we went to the North near Tangier and all around Casa, Rabat, Fez, Meknes, Kenitra and Khemisset. I want to see Marrakech (sp?) and the sand dunes/Sahara.

I am also trying to brush up on my Arabic and French. ANY and ALL help with that is appreciated beyond what I can say.

Brenda

Timeline

aww Marrakech you should go. I might be partial though since that's where I spent almost all my Morocco time, as my hubby's from there! But seriously it's a great city, I really love it. We were just talking last night about how much we miss it. (him probably more than me). The Sahara is cool..kind of. Try Ouarzzazate - it's in the Sahara, maybe 2.5 hrs from Marrakech (depends how fast you or the taxi or bus are driving - no trains go there). If you decide to REALLY go in the Sahara it's well lol rough. My husband thinks I was nuts for going. The one thing I really liked was sleeping in the tents out under the stars. There is no way I would go in the summer ( we were there in December). It will be toooo hot. Marrakech is hot in the summer too (probably hotter than any of the other cities you were in). But lol there's my 2 cents. Any other Marrakech help I'm here. There's a few others with husbands from Marrakech on here too.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.