showjumper13

CDN meets USC now debating on getting in line for K1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't remember a time I have ever been happier! Not sure where I found this website but what a Godsend! It will calm fears and lead those having troubles in the right direction.... and then there is the wealth of knowledge from the 1000's of members.

I have a totally wonderful story :star:

But the basics are the same as everyone..... I am here and he is there! We are lucky, there is only 1600 miles between us, we are in the same time zone, I have unlimited long distance and texts and I go visit him every 6 weeks with the grace of the company I work for. But it is getting harder and harder to leave him, the only saving grace of not staying the 89 days is my children!

Here are the things that I am concerned about...... Evil, nasty, bitter, ex-husband and getting a court order from him to take my boys with me.

Long form birth certificate from Alberta if I was adopted. I have the wallet sized one... could there possibly be an issue with a long one?

The only other thing that is worrying me is....... he has active orders pending for Afghanistan. He was postponed earlier this month, but the not knowing if they will be called up again and when....... well I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it too...

I am so excited to get into the system, because then it becomes a little more real. I will be taking the documents/information he needs for the 129F when i go for the long weekend in February.

Good luck to you all, I enjoy reading the stories and timelines.......

S

as1cEUFNw000700MDAwNzY5NGx8MDUyNTM5bHx1bnRpbCBJIHNlZSBteSBndXkgYWdhaW4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Welcome to VJ :star: and all the very best of luck with your journey.

I envy you being so close and in the same time zone. My fiance and I are 12000 miles apart with a 7 hour time difrerence, so... I have very late nights and early mornings :wacko:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to VJ. See my comments in red :dance:

I can't remember a time I have ever been happier! Not sure where I found this website but what a Godsend! It will calm fears and lead those having troubles in the right direction.... and then there is the wealth of knowledge from the 1000's of members.

I have a totally wonderful story :star:

But the basics are the same as everyone..... I am here and he is there! We are lucky, there is only 1600 miles between us, we are in the same time zone, I have unlimited long distance and texts and I go visit him every 6 weeks with the grace of the company I work for. But it is getting harder and harder to leave him, the only saving grace of not staying the 89 days is my children!

Here are the things that I am concerned about...... Evil, nasty, bitter, ex-husband and getting a court order from him to take my boys with me. You will need to reach an agreement if you are planning to take the children outside of Canada with you.

Long form birth certificate from Alberta if I was adopted. I have the wallet sized one... could there possibly be an issue with a long one? Just go to the nearest Alberta registry and get one. I had to get the big one for my AB marriage certificate since I only had the wallet size one, and it was okies. Takes like 20 days

The only other thing that is worrying me is....... he has active orders pending for Afghanistan. He was postponed earlier this month, but the not knowing if they will be called up again and when....... well I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it too...

I believe there is expedite processing for military personnel about to be deployed. Check out the forums.

I am so excited to get into the system, because then it becomes a little more real. I will be taking the documents/information he needs for the 129F when i go for the long weekend in February.

Good luck to you all, I enjoy reading the stories and timelines.......

S

welcome to VJ! :star:

I wish I was in the same time zone! LOL ....Tim is from SC and I'm from B.C. so 3 hours but that's not too bad. I love to tease him in the fact that I can STILL get to bed before midnight!! hee hee.

Welcome to VJ :star: and all the very best of luck with your journey.

I envy you being so close and in the same time zone. My fiance and I are 12000 miles apart with a 7 hour time difrerence, so... I have very late nights and early mornings :wacko:

awww I can imagine. I hope all things are going well with your files and soon, you'll have 0 miles between you.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update...

Went to the local registries office at lunch today, and all the information on my long form birth certificate reflects my "adoptive" parents and not my birth mother.... which is what I was most curious about at the time of posting. But as I thought about it, it worked its way clear. I will have the documents by Wednesday or Thursday next week, now I wish the US government was that quick for everyone who is waiting.

as1cEUFNw000700MDAwNzY5NGx8MDUyNTM5bHx1bnRpbCBJIHNlZSBteSBndXkgYWdhaW4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and good luck :thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.