bryonm4

I have noticed one optimistic thing

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It seems many people that were denied on the first attempt were able to get there visa the second time. Sometimes not right away they might have to wait a year for administration review but the majority have gotten it the second time. A good part of it is that most of them found this website and were able to be more educated on the process. So this gives me reason to believe I will be sucessfull the second time and its also going to be an upgrade from a K1 to a K3 visa.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did you get denied K1 visa? If so can you tell me why. My fiance has been 2 times now and we are waiting for a letter in the mail to see the results. We are both very worried about this. How long does it take to upgrade from K1 to K3?

Timeline

Brian. From your other post we read it did not say that your K1 was denied. You had gotten a blue slip asking for more info and she went and turned in the extra info. They said to wait to hear from them so the K1 is still there. You just need to be patient now and see what they say. I think you both will get the visa soon.

Timeline

When the deficiencies that got the first visa denied are overcome then the second visa is usually good to go. Most that have gone through it once learn the process and know more what is expected the second go around. That makes it a lot easier. Now if there were some serious problems the first time and you can't overcome them then no matter how many times you try one will not receive a visa. From what I remember from the problems you had they suspected a fraud happening. That is very tough to overcome and just switching from K1 to K3 will not insure a visa. Good luck and God bless.

Timeline

I guess that is what im so upset about there is nothing fraudelent about it we are in love and have wedding plans and honeymoon plans set in place. I just hope to god everything works out or imma be super sad.. If they want more info or another visit then that is no problem. I would do anything to show my love for my fiance / future wife.......

Timeline
When the deficiencies that got the first visa denied are overcome then the second visa is usually good to go. Most that have gone through it once learn the process and know more what is expected the second go around. That makes it a lot easier. Now if there were some serious problems the first time and you can't overcome them then no matter how many times you try one will not receive a visa. From what I remember from the problems you had they suspected a fraud happening. That is very tough to overcome and just switching from K1 to K3 will not insure a visa. Good luck and God bless.

1. they denied because I only made 1 vist.

Only 1 visit is required for a visa also in a notorized chonology I stated my job changed on april 14th so I couldn't take time of for second trip yet. I will have to take more trips to marry her so that will be overcome

2. they denied because of vietnam social norms and I proposed after meeting within 2 weeks

Vietname social norms do no set American policy I also sent a notorized chonology stating we started communicating online back on aprli 28th meaning we met online back on april 28th so we actually met over 6 months before not 2 weeks. That should be overcome if we get an interviewer thats fair and looks at the emails and letters we have 6 months before I proposed and not looking for things to make up to deny us the visa

3. they stated she didn't know where I worked what I did for work or where I went to school.

She stated where I work and they didn't understand her english but its not that bad, she also stated what I did and was never asked where I went to school but they lied and used those as all reasons against us to deny the visa. Her English is better now and if I make more trips they wont deny her just because she is not fluent in English

The real reason I think they denied us was that I only made 1 trip and when they asked her how we met she said I told my brother I wanted a husband and my brother friend is friends with Bryon. If we have her brother and my friend sign an affidavit saying how they met and how the pictures were exchanged and I take more trips it should be easy to overcome. There was no fraud and I will be there for her next interview to fight on BS reason they give this time

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

Also they deny almost everybody for suspected fraud, just about everybody on here that I talked to were denied as non bonafide the same as me and they were able to overcome, my problem is the reason they denied were made up so it should be easy to overcome the bad part is how can I trust them to stop making stuff up. I mean if they lied the first time whats to stop them from lieing everytime? Can I request my fiancee's interview to be taped? It would certainly cut out the corruption in Ho Chi Minh if you could request the interviews be taped.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

Im in the same boat. I only made one visit, I proposed after 2 months of knowing her, she knew my job and I went to college but she could not remember the name of the Technical School i went to. But she did know I got an engineering degree. Also we had our engagement party just 4 days after my arrival to vietnam. Im still hoping for the best though.....

Timeline

Yea i just dont understand their reasoning for denial other than keeping people from leaving or having to meet some sort of quota for denial to cut down on fraud. Hell i just wanna be with my fiance i have not seen her in almost 9 months now.

Timeline

Yes Brian and as I said before you are not denied. I doubt you will be denied and will get the visa. I understand that it may seem that way but just wait a bit more as this is the worst time to get anything done in Vietnam and you will be happy soon. Fretting about it and assuming things that are not there is not a good way.

Timeline

Bryon. maybe not one of the reason is enough but taken together is cause for concern. I had asked in one of your threads and was not answered about why if she had lived in Vietnam her whole life that she could not speak any Vietnamese. The consulate maybe wonders this also. Vietnam is considered a high fraud place and they act accordingly. Now I see that the consulate according to you has outright lied about several things. Could it be that since she seemed to not understand any English or Vietnamese that there were misunderstandings instead? Now you can demand that it be taped to them but to act hostile toward the ones determining your fates is not a smart way to go. Instead of getting hostile it is usually best to calm down and then determine the best course of action and then get to that point in the most thorough way possible.

I remember from when you posted all that stuff before after the interview and denial I shook my head and saying to myself that I would have done the same myself. If it sounds all out of whack to us here I can just imagine how it seems to the consulate people.

Timeline
Bryon. maybe not one of the reason is enough but taken together is cause for concern. I had asked in one of your threads and was not answered about why if she had lived in Vietnam her whole life that she could not speak any Vietnamese. The consulate maybe wonders this also. Vietnam is considered a high fraud place and they act accordingly. Now I see that the consulate according to you has outright lied about several things. Could it be that since she seemed to not understand any English or Vietnamese that there were misunderstandings instead? Now you can demand that it be taped to them but to act hostile toward the ones determining your fates is not a smart way to go. Instead of getting hostile it is usually best to calm down and then determine the best course of action and then get to that point in the most thorough way possible.

I remember from when you posted all that stuff before after the interview and denial I shook my head and saying to myself that I would have done the same myself. If it sounds all out of whack to us here I can just imagine how it seems to the consulate people.

She can speak some Vietnamise and some English but is fluent in Cantonese. They guy asked the questions in Enlgish but spoke at a speed she had a hard time understanding and used big words she was unsure what they ment. They then brought in a translator the american asked the questions in English to the translator that translated them to Vietnamise then she spoke her awnser in English, The job I work has many R's in it and she cannot pronounce the letter R and a few other letters. She is better at english although still not fluent but getting there. I was given wrong advice from my attorny or bad advice. I think he wanted me to fail so he could double bill me a second time for a K3 visa and marriage papers and appeal stuff. I plan to Hire M.E. this time I also read this board several hours each day and other ones to learn all I can. I don't trust attornys to do everything for me anymore. Last time I ever make that mistake.

My problem is how do I rebutt and tell them they outright lied just so they could deny our visa that will put a strike against us. Its a huge delima and if I lie and agree with them and say she got them wrong then they will deny again for same reason or will they say now her english is better we can understand her.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline

Sounds like you have calmed down then from the posts I saw not too long ago. ME is a good choice as he has much experience and at this consulate. I personally think you can do it on your own and even with ME there you will have to do a lot on your own.

If you plan on going with the they lied and so on then you are doomed. How about from now on try to just say that there was a misunderstanding among all and then go on and do what is needed to get a visa for your loved one? Of course get the first visa resolved first as even though you say you told them to just drop it they will keep at it. Once that is done then figure out what visa is best for you both. Start fresh and go in and do what is needed at each stage of the way properly and correctly. Get her English up to par to do the interview in English only as it seems you only have two choices here, English or Vietnamese. Get a timeline together from the beginning. Make a paper stating how you both met. Get this story straight totally and then go on. Keep up a correspondence that can be proven by downloading all chats and phone records. Make a paper also for yourselves of any problems that you see and be proactive and see how this can be explained satisfactory. (There are a few)

If you insist on being antagonistic with the embassy I will guarantee you will lose. Makes no difference what you think you have against them. Also stop being so scattered and all over the place. Calm down and take a breath. This process is already hard enough without theatrics.

Timeline
Sounds like you have calmed down then from the posts I saw not too long ago. ME is a good choice as he has much experience and at this consulate. I personally think you can do it on your own and even with ME there you will have to do a lot on your own.

If you plan on going with the they lied and so on then you are doomed. How about from now on try to just say that there was a misunderstanding among all and then go on and do what is needed to get a visa for your loved one? Of course get the first visa resolved first as even though you say you told them to just drop it they will keep at it. Once that is done then figure out what visa is best for you both. Start fresh and go in and do what is needed at each stage of the way properly and correctly. Get her English up to par to do the interview in English only as it seems you only have two choices here, English or Vietnamese. Get a timeline together from the beginning. Make a paper stating how you both met. Get this story straight totally and then go on. Keep up a correspondence that can be proven by downloading all chats and phone records. Make a paper also for yourselves of any problems that you see and be proactive and see how this can be explained satisfactory. (There are a few)

If you insist on being antagonistic with the embassy I will guarantee you will lose. Makes no difference what you think you have against them. Also stop being so scattered and all over the place. Calm down and take a breath. This process is already hard enough without theatrics.

Thanks I think if I go with a misunderstanding among all that will be best, I feel the K1 is the best because I don't feel our relationship has evolved to where she can pass the k3 interview however we do speak over 2 hours every day so by the time of the next interview who knows. The reason we are going with the K3 is it was suggested by ME.

I don't mean to be all over the place but when you have the fear of loosing somebody you love it makes a person do irrational things especially when people are telling you there is no hope. I started this post because I have noticed all the people that have filed the second time that were denied the same as me with 221 g non bonafide have all been successfull or they are in AR. So I have hope for the first time in a long time and it has given me reason to hope again

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

1. they denied because I only made 1 vist.

Only 1 visit is required for a visa also in a notorized chonology I stated my job changed on april 14th so I couldn't take time of for second trip yet. I will have to take more trips to marry her so that will be overcome

2. they denied because of vietnam social norms and I proposed after meeting within 2 weeks

Vietname social norms do no set American policy I also sent a notorized chonology stating we started communicating online back on aprli 28th meaning we met online back on april 28th so we actually met over 6 months before not 2 weeks. That should be overcome if we get an interviewer thats fair and looks at the emails and letters we have 6 months before I proposed and not looking for things to make up to deny us the visa

3. they stated she didn't know where I worked what I did for work or where I went to school.

She stated where I work and they didn't understand her english but its not that bad, she also stated what I did and was never asked where I went to school but they lied and used those as all reasons against us to deny the visa. Her English is better now and if I make more trips they wont deny her just because she is not fluent in English

The real reason I think they denied us was that I only made 1 trip and when they asked her how we met she said I told my brother I wanted a husband and my brother friend is friends with Bryon. If we have her brother and my friend sign an affidavit saying how they met and how the pictures were exchanged and I take more trips it should be easy to overcome. There was no fraud and I will be there for her next interview to fight on BS reason they give this time

Bryon - So was your actual reason for denial LACK OF BONAFIDE RELATIONSHIP? How long did you spend on your first trip to see her? Good luck to you

Jonas

Edited by JonasMichaels

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.