♥Stiggy♥

Really missing him!

32 posts in this topic

Wait minnew, your fiance said that they don't deploy people within the first year? Did he join the US Army recently? And if I am understanding this right then they are lying to him. :angry: My fiance hasn't been in the army for a year yet, like 8 months? But he's already been scheduled to deployed. It's fun stuff. :P ...Not really.

No he's been in the Air Force for 6 years, from what he was told they don't deploy you right away...need some time for training and all that fun stuff and getting accustomed to the base. The first and only time he deployed was about 2 years after he enlisted and went through tech school, he could have deployed again about a year later but wasn't on the list that time around. Mind you the Air Force, (or at least what he does in the AF) doesn't go into combat areas so he has had shorter deployments and not as frequent, but you never know that could change!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww hugs.... hang in there.... long distance relationships are soooo hard and I feel as if only those that have gone thru it understand.... I could never talk to my friends about how much I missed my sweetie because they would just be like "why don't you find someone local?" It really hurt me so I just talked to my family, they understood. You don't choose who to fall in love with, and it just happens... But your heart physically aches when you're apart, it's sooo hard!! Just keep thinking about the time you'll finally be together, that's what got me thru the hard times :luv:

I definately relate as well. My sweety and I met on World of Warcraft. We play every day and talk on webcam but I still miss him like crazy. I have the reverse of you though Jill. My friends are happy and excited for me, as is my sister but my parents arent really super happy with the idea of me being so far away and going to live with someone they say I dont really know because we haven't lived together. The irony? My mom and dad got engaged after 6 months of dating because my dad was being posted back to canada (mom is german) so I think its fairly hypocritical of them to be acting they way they are about the situation. Ah well. Not much they can do about it, I'm going to do this thing with or without them being completely happy (though my dad is starting to come around...says hes just concerned). Its so hard to be this far away from Wes though. We only get to see each other once every 4 months or so because the flights are expensive (though we got his tickets for the upcoming visit for only $413 roundtrip!!) The physical ache from being apart isn't something you can just make up...crying in the middle of the night because you wake up out of a beautiful dream only to realize he's not really there to hold... ugh... im starting to make myself cry again.

Thats why I love these forums though. Every time I see one of you guys get your acceptance it makes me happy because one day that will be me, and my prince and I will be together forever. I wish you all the best as well with your happily ever afters :D

These forums really help the time go by faster and I really appreciate being able to relate and share stories with each other. I keep thinking too one day it will be me jumping for joy that we got approved! I understand the physical ache..its hard to describe, and I know its only going to get worse before it gets better, but I know we will make it through!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wait minnew, your fiance said that they don't deploy people within the first year? Did he join the US Army recently? And if I am understanding this right then they are lying to him. :angry: My fiance hasn't been in the army for a year yet, like 8 months? But he's already been scheduled to deployed. It's fun stuff. :P ...Not really.

No he's been in the Air Force for 6 years, from what he was told they don't deploy you right away...need some time for training and all that fun stuff and getting accustomed to the base. The first and only time he deployed was about 2 years after he enlisted and went through tech school, he could have deployed again about a year later but wasn't on the list that time around. Mind you the Air Force, (or at least what he does in the AF) doesn't go into combat areas so he has had shorter deployments and not as frequent, but you never know that could change!!

Mines been in for 6 years too in the USAF, and he had 3 months to go from when he was told

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

(((hugs))) Military life stinks! Cant wait for him to get out in 3 months!

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

So the mlitary just pushed his home-coming a bit later now again... BOO!! :crying:

Not to mention, Im still super nervous about crossing the border since the last time at POE the girl was suspicious to my visit (didnt have my return ticket on me, and the fact i visited 3 weeks prior for a week). I get nervous when I cross over since I have no job (stay at home mom, live off my child support and child tax benefit, and live in the house my ex husband owns and he pays the mortgage as my 'child support', while he lives with a friend).

So as the time gets nearer, I get the jitters about being rejected to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks at his home-coming when he lands from oversea's. And the fact Ill be flying into a city in the states and staying there for a few days, then driving for vacation with him to another state and just flying out of the other state, not sure if thats gonna cause suspicion too.

Im a natural worry-wart, no wonder why Im 27 and have a few grays :wacko:

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

I understand, I really miss my man too.

I doubt I'll get to see him for the next 5-6 months as he needs to get a full-time job and start earning the money for us to get our own place. I can't keep going over there every 2-3 months as I never know if I'll make it through POE and that just would be devastating. The thought of going possibly 6 months apart without smelling him, feeling his warm neck when I cuddle into him, hearing his voice next to me in person, tickling each other, everything that I love about being together... it really hurts.

My friends are happy for us but unfortunately cannot understand what it takes to be apart for so long.. they tell me that I should be used to it by now as we've been apart for 6 years since we met online. Or they tell me that it's not that long, and then complain about how much they miss their own partner who they see several times a week.

I try to think of the positive things.. not having to say goodbye at that damn airport again, not having to have that timer ticking down on me from the moment we're together again.. just get past this stretch and you're together.

Things are difficult afterwards too of course, but this longing won't be there anymore, which is what I will miss the least. :)

So the mlitary just pushed his home-coming a bit later now again... BOO!! :crying:

Not to mention, Im still super nervous about crossing the border since the last time at POE the girl was suspicious to my visit (didnt have my return ticket on me, and the fact i visited 3 weeks prior for a week). I get nervous when I cross over since I have no job (stay at home mom, live off my child support and child tax benefit, and live in the house my ex husband owns and he pays the mortgage as my 'child support', while he lives with a friend).

So as the time gets nearer, I get the jitters about being rejected to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks at his home-coming when he lands from oversea's. And the fact Ill be flying into a city in the states and staying there for a few days, then driving for vacation with him to another state and just flying out of the other state, not sure if thats gonna cause suspicion too.

Im a natural worry-wart, no wonder why Im 27 and have a few grays :wacko:

Yeah the military can really sour things! Hurry up and wait!! When he went on his first deployment the date he was supposed to leave kept on getting pushed back, he'd get a call in the morning the day of...nope not today...by the end of it it was like will you leave already so I can be depressed!! LOL!! I am nervous too about visiting, each time I have its always the 20 questions, especially after we got engaged when I said I was going to visit my fiance, but I have an answer for all of them and they don't start off with "ugggh". They just want to hear that you have a date to come back, and one of them asked about getting married, I said "not this visit, when we get approved for Fiance visa." But this time it will be different as tomorrow I am going to visit him for just over a week and we just filed the k-1 petition! :unsure: I've got all my stuff for ties ready to go, I live at home so no rent and utilities but I am still a bit nervous! always am when I cross by myself!!

After this visit we are unsure of when the next time it will be before we see each other! I need to build up some holiday time, he doesn't want to use too much leave time as he wants some built up for moving me down and the wedding, hopefully it won't be longer than 3 months....***Just keeps thinking this is a deployment...to keep me sane***

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Wow Minn, thats a long time! Like your thinkign tho, keep thinking its a deployment, lol.

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

3 months apart is then norm for us unfortunately as it's not as easy crossing the ocean.. now I have no idea when I'll next see him. :(

Try not to worry.. I've told POE I'm visiting my boyfriend or fiance 8 times and only had problems once.. even then, it was a lot of questions but I got through.. and we had filed for the K1 already for 2 of those trips.

Timeline

Yah.. all I have to show is my seperation agreement stating I have primary custody of my two kids (who will be staying with him during my vacation to see my boyfriend), and my return ticket, and my usual travel medical insurance. I also have my bank statements showing my mortgage payments coming out at the first of every month too. I hope thats enough to not have grief.

Just makes me nervous from my last experience. But as I said, I brought no proof with me that I was coming back. I didnt even have a return ticket on me, just a confirmation #. She just questioned me to death on a lot of stuff, then wrote NC / B2 on my passport and let me through

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 months apart is then norm for us unfortunately as it's not as easy crossing the ocean.. now I have no idea when I'll next see him. :(

Try not to worry.. I've told POE I'm visiting my boyfriend or fiance 8 times and only had problems once.. even then, it was a lot of questions but I got through.. and we had filed for the K1 already for 2 of those trips.

*hugs* I hear ya. My friends complain about their "long distance" relationships....oh noes...they live a whole 2 hours away from each other! (one lives in Kingston and her bf is in TO). Every time I just want to be like....you have no idea. You get to see each other at least once - twice a month and really you just need to jump in your car and go, no borders, no proving you are coming back, I go about 4-5 months between visits with my sweety and every time I have had an excuse other than him (last time I was going to Blizzcon and staying with a friend....which was him lol) so that I have less chance of being turned away at the POE. Crying yourself to sleep sucks, and I'm kinda scared about starting the K1 next month.

Apparently CSC is processing in about 2-3 months now...and from what I've seen Montreal is about 4 months or so? So thats 6-8 months provided no issues happen which means possibly 1 more trip after this one...but we might forgo that to save money....Ugh...I just want to be with him like...yesterday lol.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Man, whys Montreal taking so long? :blink:

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Man, whys Montreal taking so long? :blink:

Wish I knew...With CSC being so fast if Montreal wasnt so slow the whole thing could be done in like 4 months :blink: Though it really sucks for anyone going through VSC, because they are taking about 6 months from what I've seen, so with Montreal being slow too they are looking around a year!!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

oh I feel for you hon...my boyfriend is heading back to Canada in just 2 hrs :( I'm going crazy..its almost as if I want him to leave already so I can get it over with..he's been here for 3 months, and we won't see each other again til about mid April. He only has about 60 days left til June 16th(of his 180 days)

He was denied once at the POE for not having a return ticket...but thats because I told him not to get one because we thought he might take a plane rather then a bus home...my mistake, he got the info they requested and he was admitted entry 2 days later.

I haven't visited this site in some time..I have been enjoying our time together...but I know I will be visiting here more often now that he is leaving. It is so nice to be around people who understand. My family absolutely loves him and when they met him over the holidays they understood more why we go through this being apart...LDR do suck!! But he is so worth it..and like that one woman said (sorry he's giving the twins a bath and I forgot your name, I was laughing at them) it will all be a thing of the past before you know it!!

Lots of hugs hon...in a very short time, I' am going to be missing him like crazy :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.