♥Stiggy♥

Really missing him!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehe, I thought Id just come on here and let it out.... since VJ people would understand more then friends just rolling their eyes.

/Ramble on

I miss him! He away with the military right now, so seeing him right now isnt even an option - so just the way it is right now. We talk everyday, for about 4 hours (can you say puppies?) But later in the spring Ill be able to visit him for his home-coming for 2 weeks! I so cant wait! We decided to go on a cruise while he has his r&r, but then it struck him - I may have problems coming back in at port maybe? So decided against it. Regardless, I miss the ####### out of him. I just can't wait till he's home! And our nice two week visit together since we last saw eachother in the fall :) He hasnt officially proposed yet, he cant... hes away. And I told him if he were to ask me over the phone - Id say no. lol. I want it done the old fashion way :innocent: But he told me it is coming... and Im anticipating when I go down for the week of Canada Day over the 4th of July due to some hints he let out by accident (men arent very good at that, are they..) Did I mention I miss him? I just cant wait to get this process started once we get married in the fall. I dont want to do it earlier, just because of my kids. I want my kids to be there. And my exhusband will allow for them to move with me, but not until I have a job down there myself. So right now, I just want to spend as much time as I can before I get my visa in hand... really because my son has a ton of medical hospital appointments at Sick Kids and it requires a lot of travelling from Halifax to Toronto. I'd be afraid to see these medical bills in the states (since its a condition that hes had for a while, doubt any PI's would pay the bill. This has been going on for 2 years now, all the hospital visits so they can find out what the heck is wrong with him (hes 5), and its probably going to take another year or so with a couple more appointments we have to go to. So hence the wait to start the petition. Its hard knowing its going to be a while longer before we are going to petition, then the wait after that. It is worth it though! :) I just hope he doesnt deploy around the time my visa is supposed to be approved and halt it even more after lol.

Did I mention I miss him?

/Ramble off

:whistle:

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awwww hugs.... hang in there.... long distance relationships are soooo hard and I feel as if only those that have gone thru it understand.... I could never talk to my friends about how much I missed my sweetie because they would just be like "why don't you find someone local?" It really hurt me so I just talked to my family, they understood. You don't choose who to fall in love with, and it just happens... But your heart physically aches when you're apart, it's sooo hard!! Just keep thinking about the time you'll finally be together, that's what got me thru the hard times :luv:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah LDR's are sure hard to deal with.. but once you are together forever all this pain and anguish will be come a distant memory...

hubby and I were actually talking about this the other day and he says that part of his life seems like a lifetime ago.. almost like it didn't happen at all.. just a bad dream or something...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Hehe, I thought Id just come on here and let it out.... since VJ people would understand more then friends just rolling their eyes.

/Ramble on

I miss him! He away with the military right now, so seeing him right now isnt even an option - so just the way it is right now. We talk everyday, for about 4 hours (can you say puppies?) But later in the spring Ill be able to visit him for his home-coming for 2 weeks! I so cant wait! We decided to go on a cruise while he has his r&r, but then it struck him - I may have problems coming back in at port maybe? So decided against it. Regardless, I miss the ####### out of him. I just can't wait till he's home! And our nice two week visit together since we last saw eachother in the fall :) He hasnt officially proposed yet, he cant... hes away. And I told him if he were to ask me over the phone - Id say no. lol. I want it done the old fashion way :innocent: But he told me it is coming... and Im anticipating when I go down for the week of Canada Day over the 4th of July due to some hints he let out by accident (men arent very good at that, are they..) Did I mention I miss him? I just cant wait to get this process started once we get married in the fall. I dont want to do it earlier, just because of my kids. I want my kids to be there. And my exhusband will allow for them to move with me, but not until I have a job down there myself. So right now, I just want to spend as much time as I can before I get my visa in hand... really because my son has a ton of medical hospital appointments at Sick Kids and it requires a lot of travelling from Halifax to Toronto. I'd be afraid to see these medical bills in the states (since its a condition that hes had for a while, doubt any PI's would pay the bill. This has been going on for 2 years now, all the hospital visits so they can find out what the heck is wrong with him (hes 5), and its probably going to take another year or so with a couple more appointments we have to go to. So hence the wait to start the petition. Its hard knowing its going to be a while longer before we are going to petition, then the wait after that. It is worth it though! :) I just hope he doesnt deploy around the time my visa is supposed to be approved and halt it even more after lol.

Did I mention I miss him?

/Ramble off

:whistle:

(F) I am in the same boat...I am going to visit my fiance on Thursday but after this visit....it will be 4 months or more before I see him again,(depending if POE lets me in, or I have enough holiday time) hopefully he can get some leave time and come up to see me!! He is also in the military, deployments suck and I am hoping too that he won't get deployed soon after we get married! We have made it through one deployment together...I just keep thinking like it is one to keep myself sane! Hang in there!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aw...I had a lump in my throat reading that.

I'm sure a LOT of people can relate to your situation! I can relate, but on a smaller scale(my b/f isn't in the military, so the wait to see him isn't that long). But waiting to see someone you love so much, more than anything, is hard.

I guess at the end of the "visa journey" when the 2 people can finally spend their lives together, it makes it that much more sweet.....the missing/longing will definitley be worth it!!

When I spent last weekend with my b/f I woke up & he was there next to me. I said "You know, I love waking up & seeing you there".

As mentioned, hang in there. The fact that he knows you care/love him so much must help him wherever he is.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

Ah, I can so relate but you and minnew have it lucky (in the sense that they won't be gone for long). My fiance is getting deployed next month for an entire year, hopefully shorter but they're saying he'll be away for a year. And since he was lame and didn't buy a laptop, it's snail mail for an entire year. ):

He's going to Kuwait, and his MOS is 14T. I don't have to worry too badly at least though, because he's not in the front lines. Thank you Air Defense Artillery. Where are your guys stationed? In the US and overseas? :)

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Ber+Ter, hes on remote tour right now overseas.

And I also met him playing an online videogame (lookin at your siggy you did too, lol). We met playing final fantasy xi (online) 2 yrs ago

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

Haha, awesome! I love Final Fantasy and all but Ragnarok Online is definitely win. And it's so neat to see other people that met over video games too. <3 Also, I thought you were originally filing for the K-1? Did you get married recently? :) And are you from Halifax? I'm from Dartmouth originally, hahaha. <3

dev356pr___.png

Ah, I can so relate but you and minnew have it lucky (in the sense that they won't be gone for long). My fiance is getting deployed next month for an entire year, hopefully shorter but they're saying he'll be away for a year. And since he was lame and didn't buy a laptop, it's snail mail for an entire year. ):

He's going to Kuwait, and his MOS is 14T. I don't have to worry too badly at least though, because he's not in the front lines. Thank you Air Defense Artillery. Where are your guys stationed? In the US and overseas? :)

We met while I was going to school in the US, been with him for 4 years, lived with him for 1 year, so this separation has been very difficult after spending every day with him. It would have been so much easier to just adjust status from F-1, but we were not ready for it at the time, our parents did not want us to have a civil ceremony and weren't in the right frame of mind to get married, but you know what they say absence makes the heart grow fonder!! He is stationed in the US but will be PCS'ing to a new base in the US soon. I hope they don't plan on deploying him within the first year, and he told me they don't do that, but maybe within the first 2 years, not looking forward to that especially if the visa process might take up to 1 year!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
Haha, awesome! I love Final Fantasy and all but Ragnarok Online is definitely win. And it's so neat to see other people that met over video games too. <3 Also, I thought you were originally filing for the K-1? Did you get married recently? :) And are you from Halifax? I'm from Dartmouth originally, hahaha. <3

We were going to do the K1, but decided to do K3/CR1 instead. And yeah, Im from NS. From around Middleton if you still remember where that is, lol! Were not getting married though until late fall, early winter

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

wanted to add... I cant move until my sons medical stuff is taken care of, which can take a while - since the IWK doesnt have the doctors he needs so he is flown to Toronto or Montreal all the time. So while thats going on, we just want to be married, if we cant at least be together yet :blush: And get that process started which will take around the same amount of time to get approved, as around the timeline that I can move down. So thats why the change :)

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

yeah LDR's are sure hard to deal with.. but once you are together forever all this pain and anguish will be come a distant memory...

hubby and I were actually talking about this the other day and he says that part of his life seems like a lifetime ago.. almost like it didn't happen at all.. just a bad dream or something...

I so agree with what Marilyn has said. We all know how hard it is when you're going through this process. When it's over though, it doesn't take long for it to become a distant memory. You'd be amazed! Until then, let your love continue to grow strong and don't dwell on the negatives. It's all worth it in the end. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

So true!! So true!! I was ready to have Tim ask me to marry him on the first trip I went to see him!! (Feb. 07) but he didn't!! And there are several trips in between before he finally asked. I'm glad he took his time though, because he wanted to be absolutely sure that I was "the one". And now..all I want to do is go marry him!! Poor fellow, he had no idea that we would have to go through the immigration process. It's a good thing that I saved a bunch of things!! I'm really hoping to see him this spring, if they let me across the border. I have a trip planned for Greece at the end of March, and then I was hoping to go to SC for the month of April, to discuss wedding plans and a little on renovating his house..LOL ( It's a very manly house...needs just a little touch...LOL) If they don't let me down...I'm going to cry!! :cry: My hopes are that I'll get someone young and new to the game!! LOL " Sure lady..go ahead...just don't get married while you're there"...

*dreaming now*...

Tim is going to be here with me for the interview part!! I'm so glad for that. We're hoping for June...but now I see VSC had slowed down!! :clock: Wish I could call them and say.."I'm clean!! I'm healthy!! No worries!!".....

Holding on to the fact it will all be over someday soon....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Wait minnew, your fiance said that they don't deploy people within the first year? Did he join the US Army recently? And if I am understanding this right then they are lying to him. :angry: My fiance hasn't been in the army for a year yet, like 8 months? But he's already been scheduled to deployed. It's fun stuff. :P ...Not really.

dev356pr___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Awwww hugs.... hang in there.... long distance relationships are soooo hard and I feel as if only those that have gone thru it understand.... I could never talk to my friends about how much I missed my sweetie because they would just be like "why don't you find someone local?" It really hurt me so I just talked to my family, they understood. You don't choose who to fall in love with, and it just happens... But your heart physically aches when you're apart, it's sooo hard!! Just keep thinking about the time you'll finally be together, that's what got me thru the hard times :luv:

I definately relate as well. My sweety and I met on World of Warcraft. We play every day and talk on webcam but I still miss him like crazy. I have the reverse of you though Jill. My friends are happy and excited for me, as is my sister but my parents arent really super happy with the idea of me being so far away and going to live with someone they say I dont really know because we haven't lived together. The irony? My mom and dad got engaged after 6 months of dating because my dad was being posted back to canada (mom is german) so I think its fairly hypocritical of them to be acting they way they are about the situation. Ah well. Not much they can do about it, I'm going to do this thing with or without them being completely happy (though my dad is starting to come around...says hes just concerned). Its so hard to be this far away from Wes though. We only get to see each other once every 4 months or so because the flights are expensive (though we got his tickets for the upcoming visit for only $413 roundtrip!!) The physical ache from being apart isn't something you can just make up...crying in the middle of the night because you wake up out of a beautiful dream only to realize he's not really there to hold... ugh... im starting to make myself cry again.

Thats why I love these forums though. Every time I see one of you guys get your acceptance it makes me happy because one day that will be me, and my prince and I will be together forever. I wish you all the best as well with your happily ever afters :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.