JonasMichaels

EMERGENCY PROBLEM!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

VERY WORRIED AND UPSET RIGHT NOW! We just went to get the Police Certificate, "giay ly lich tu phap" and they told her that ID card (CMND) and family book (HO KHAU) is WRONG. They said that the "nguyen quan" has to match her dad's who was born in another city! I don't really understand what Nguyen Quan means, but when I looked it up in the viet-english dictionary, it said PLACE OF BIRTH. But her dad's place of birth is NOT her place of birth. And it is also NOT what I wrote on the G-325 either. I wrote her true place of birth, and that is on the Ho Khau and CMND ID card.

Now they (so tu phap) say she must change her ID card AND ho khau before they will issue the police certificate. But the "nguyen quan" they want it changed to is not her real place of birth, it's her dads. I also worry how this will affect the initial I-129f petition! We are both totally confused!! Does anyone know what I am talking about? Please any Vietnamese...if you wish to write back in Vietnamese and explain this to Phuong, that would be great. We are worried because everything closes for Tet holiday, she won't get the police certificate in time.

Thanks everyone...I hate this process

Jonas

Wait, so are they saying that she has to be born in the same place her dad was? Doesn't make sense maybe they are trying to get money from you guys. I don't know? Today my wife also tried to get her Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap also, she hasn't called me yet if there is any problem or not but i'll find out later on today. She was born in Dong Nai but Her father was born In the north somewhere. Whenever I found out i'll see if out situation is the same as yours.

Edited by Dai_VN
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I know for a fact that the birthplace of Mai and the birthplace of her father are listed as two different places, because they are two different places. These guys are smoking crack, or trying to get a little something extra.

I wish I could help you. However, you still have plenty of time to get this sorted. Your case is still at NVC, right? Tet is not THAT long. Good luck.

Timeline
I know for a fact that the birthplace of Mai and the birthplace of her father are listed as two different places, because they are two different places. These guys are smoking crack, or trying to get a little something extra.

I wish I could help you. However, you still have plenty of time to get this sorted. Your case is still at NVC, right? Tet is not THAT long. Good luck.

Can you ask Mai what is Nguyen Quan? Does that have to be the same as her dad's? Phuong was looking up the rules online and said they are right, "you have to follow your dad" - whatever that means. Obviously, I am at a loss here as far as understanding what is going on.... Ask Mai if the Nguyen Quan on her Ho Khau and id card was the same as her dads. Thanks

Jonas

nguye^n Qua'n is = home town

if he's born and raise in saigon that's his nguye^n Qua'n

Dan

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

so tu phap is so stupid, let's say my father was born in clearfield, PA and i was born in Binh Duong, VN

where is my Nguye^n Qua'n? Clearfield, Pennsylvania or Binh Duong, Vietnam.

i am so confused too.

NVC Received 01/07/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

I just got home and talked to my wife. She said that Nguyen Quan is where the father of the house hold is from. On the ID card (CMND) you do have to state where your father's birth place is. All the family members in the family have the Nguyen Quan as the fathers birth place. It is the same thing as que quan and I didn't know that. It's how they do things in Vietnam. Good luck Jonas, you might have to pay some people extra to cut some corners for you if you want things done in a timely manner.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

that's stupid :angry:

NVC Received 01/07/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

get someone who have experiences in this field and little extra money to speed up this process, this takes 1-2 week if you can find a good "dealing" guy. This is usually happened in provinces which have strict guidelines. Nothing you can do about it just do what they told

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
get someone who have experiences in this field and little extra money to speed up this process, this takes 1-2 week if you can find a good "dealing" guy. This is usually happened in provinces which have strict guidelines. Nothing you can do about it just do what they told

NGUYEN QUAN is the birth place of Father or the original place of family, where the family came from. For ex, if the father came from VN to USA, he became American citizen but his "nguyen quan" is Vietnam.

They saw the reason she applied for Police Permit was to go to USA, they tried to do somethings to have corruption. You should look for some people to help to give them some money, then it will be ok.

Edited by Hien

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Tell your wife this and she should understand......

"Thu Tuc DAU TIEN"! (In VNese saying those in CAPS in reverse)

She lives in Vietnam and she should know that "thing" better than everyone else.

Well I have learned enough Vietnamese to know DAU TIEN but what is Thu Tuc? Inquiring minds want to know! :innocent:

saigonluv,

Thu Tuc Dau Tien is Tien Dau ?? "where's the money."

everywhere you go in vn, you have to bribe them. :)

no money no work :-)

NVC Received 01/07/2009

Timeline
saigonluv,

Thu Tuc Dau Tien is Tien Dau ?? "where's the money."

everywhere you go in vn, you have to bribe them. :)

no money no work :-)

Just woke up, can't sleep. Thanks to everyone for your help. I have no problem with the bribe thing, :whistle: but apparently, they just asked her for the normal 100,000 dong payment - they just couldn't accept it until she changed her ID card and housebook. So now, she is going to have to do both those things and then we'll see if they will process the police certificate like they said or if we still have to bribe.

Question: Does she bribe upfront or pay the 100,000 dong, go back in and if paperwork is not there, hand them more to "expedite"? Bribers, I need some advice...haha

Jonas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.