Tahoma

Para sa mga Pinay...

69 posts in this topic

CNT Lechon (Cebu lechon) geee this is torture heheheh!

01/22/08 hired an immigration lawyer

02/28/08 I 129F sent it to the lawyer

03/03/08 I-129F Received at CSC

03/04/08 NOA1

03/05/08 Touched

07/14/08 NOA2

07/24/08 Called NVC and got our MNL case number

07/25/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

07/29/08 USEM Rcvd hard file

07/30/08 Paid document verification

08/01/08 Called USEM for interview appointment! (Thank you lord)

08/19/08 Medical Examination

08/20/08 Medical Examination (PASSED)

08/26/08 Interview (PINK Slip only)

10/08/08 Visa Printing! Yehheeyy! (after 48years of waiting)

10/09/08 Visa Printing Done and is ready for release

10/10/08 Visa delivered yippeee!

10/31/08 FLY DAY!!!! POE LAS, NV[/color] PLS BLESS OUR TRIP OH LORD!

11/03/08 Got married in Las Vegas

11/15/08 filed SSN

11/29/08 SSN Card Rcvd

AOS JOURNEY

12/10/08 send AOS & EAD Packet to Chicago Lockbox

12/18/08 Cashed check

12/26/08 Rcvd NOA

01/07/09 Biometrics Appointment/Done

01/12/09 Rcvd mail TRANSFER NOTICE TO CSC (AOS)

03/10/2009 Rcvd EAD

04/20/2009 GREEN CARD RCVD!!! No interview at all!

04/21/2009 Got Driver Learners Permit

The Will of God never takes you to

where the Grace of God will not protect you.

v1g6b64wviy.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yummy, yummy!

I will surely miss bulalo, siomai, grilled fish- tilapia, bangus, sinigang, kare-kare, prawns..

Kaya eto habang naghihintay ng visa, kain lang ng kain... :D

~Baby

Filed: Timeline
Yummy, yummy!

I will surely miss bulalo, siomai, grilled fish- tilapia, bangus, sinigang, kare-kare, prawns..

Kaya eto habang naghihintay ng visa, kain lang ng kain... :D

~Baby

oh my gosh, this is really torture. tulo laway talaga!!! I miss the sinugbang isda, the kasag, talaba, kare-kare, ginaos with baboy, puto and dinuguan, utan nga langka nga may gata, laswa, chicken inasal, pinamalhan, pinaksyo, etc., etc, etc. and all my mom's cooking. Gosh, even the japanese and chinese food from bacolod restaurants. and of course all the foods from Imay's, hehe.

I got a big laugh from reading Purefoods hotdog as one of the missed foods from pinas - hahaha! kasi talagang totoo. iba ang hotdog nila dito.

hala Baby magpakabundat ka dyan, hehe. you will surely crave filipino food once you get here.

oh my gosh, this is really torture. tulo laway talaga!!! I miss the sinugbang isda, the kasag, talaba, kare-kare, ginaos with baboy, puto and dinuguan, utan nga langka nga may gata, laswa, chicken inasal, pinamalhan, pinaksyo, etc., etc, etc. and all my mom's cooking. Gosh, even the japanese and chinese food from bacolod restaurants. and of course all the foods from Imay's, hehe.

I got a big laugh from reading Purefoods hotdog as one of the missed foods from pinas - hahaha! kasi talagang totoo. iba ang hotdog nila dito.

hala Baby magpakabundat ka dyan, hehe. you will surely crave filipino food once you get here.

I asked my Mom to cook sinigang na baboy yesterday and it was really good. I will definitely have the chicken inasal for one last time before I leave Bcd. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any filipina here who's residing in the conservative state of Alabama?

Just wondering, coz i got some questions about getting an RN license there..I ahven't had my school credentials authenticated by CHED...and im not sure if im still gonna need it 'cause all i know it is only required for those who want to work abroad...but since you're already in abroad, I can't be sure if we're still be required of that. I got too little time in my hands to take care of that now..can anyone give me some advise about this?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED in advance....

October 27, 2008 - K1 petition sent to VSC

October 29, 2008 - NOA1 received

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 04, 2009 - NOA2 received in email

March 09, 2009 - case left from NVC to USEM Manila

March 24, 2009 - called USEM to set an interview appointment

March 24-25 - Medical

April 23, 2009 - INTERVIEW----PASSED!

April 27, 2009 - Visa ready for pick-up

April 27, 2009 - CFO Seminar

May, 02 2009 - Flight to USA (Phils,-Japan-Houston-Huntsville AL)

My fiancée and I have been together here in Seattle for two weeks now. We have been eating a variety of different food. So far, we have been eating Filipino, Thai, Indian, and Mexican food. She has not missed Filipino food too much yet since we have been cooking some Filipino dishes at home, and we ate at one good Filipino restaurant in the area.

However, when we were grocery shopping at the Asian market, I saw her eyeing the frozen tuyo. Fortunately, I was able to distract her before she put the tuyo in our shopping cart. Thank goodness for that!

Before she left the Philippines, her last two meals that her mom cooked for her were:

> chicken and pork adobo with rice.

> tuyo with spicy vinegar, and salted egg with tomato.

Her last meal at a restaurant in her hometown of Bacolod was at Chicken Deli in SM Mall:

> Bacolod chicken inasal with sauce (soy sauce, calamansi, and spicy vinegar), kare kare with bagoong, and rice.

Her last meal in the Philippines was at the Mall of Asia in Manila:

> kare kare with bagoong, nilagang baka, pork adobo, and rice.

Is anyone getting hungry yet?

~ Tahoma

andok's lechon

adobong manok

sinigang na baboy

laing

binagoongan

bicol express

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Why Do I Love To Cook?

I love to make people happy and amazingly enough nothing can put a big satisfied smile on someones face after a good hearty meal. That's why I love to cook.

Pinoy Recipe

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 06/23/08

I-129F NOA1 : 07/03/08

Touched: 07/01/08

Touched: 07/11/08

Touched: 10/09/08 NOA2

NOA2 hard copy: 10/18/08

I-129F left NVC: 10/16/08

NVC letter: 10/21/08

USEM received the papers: 10/23/08

Physical exam at SLEC: 11/06-07/08 - Passed

Appointment letter received: 11/10/08

Interview schedule: 11/14/08 - Passed

Visa Received : 11/22/2008... thank God...

US Entry : 12/03/2008

Marriage : 02/14/2008

POE: Guam

• 4 months later...

Sino dito may alam kung ano ang substitute sa dahon ng sili? Miss ko na tinola manok kaya lang hindi ko alam kung ano gagamitin instead of dahon ng sili. Necroposting lang po pero miss ko na talaga ang Tinola. Thanks.

P.S.

meron kami tanim ma California chili pepper pero hindi ko alam kung nakakain ba ang dahon nito. :lol: Baka naman sumakit tiyan namin dito or worse ma-food poison kami. :lol:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

i miss alukon, bagoong isda, labong saluyot at galunggong :(

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Sino dito may alam kung ano ang substitute sa dahon ng sili? Miss ko na tinola manok kaya lang hindi ko alam kung ano gagamitin instead of dahon ng sili. Necroposting lang po pero miss ko na talaga ang Tinola. Thanks.

P.S.

meron kami tanim ma California chili pepper pero hindi ko alam kung nakakain ba ang dahon nito. :lol: Baka naman sumakit tiyan namin dito or worse ma-food poison kami. :lol:

Hi Marie,

Maybe they sell chili leaves at Asian store there? Dito kasi sa WA, halos lahat nang Filipino ingredients mabibili mo dito.

Do you live near the SeaFood City? Baka meron sila doon.

But you can also use malunggay or spinach leaves. Yummy...

~ Chinook

P.S.

Hi Marie,

Maybe they sell chili leaves at Asian store there? Dito kasi sa WA, halos lahat nang Filipino ingredients mabibili mo dito.

~ Chinook

Hi Chinook! Yeah they do sell dahon ng sili in Seafood City, but it's 50 miles away. Don't know when husband and I will go to Vallejo, but the chili leaves are on the top of my shopping list now. There's an Asian store in Santa Rosa, but I don't see any dahol ng sili. Just the papaya which cost too much. I guess I'm gonna use spinach. Thanks.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

P.S.

:thumbs:

Ako din may tanim na Anaheim chili. Puede kainin ang dajon.

P.S.

Hi Marie,

~ Chinook

Hi Chinook! Yeah they do sell dahon ng sili in Seafood City, but it's 50 miles away. Don't know when husband and I will go to Vallejo, but the chili leaves are on the top of my shopping list now. There's an Asian store in Santa Rosa, but I don't see any dahol ng sili. Just the papaya which cost too much. I guess I'm gonna use spinach. Thanks.

Nasa frozen section ang dajon ng sili.

i miss alukon, bagoong isda, labong saluyot at galunggong :(

Ay, apo, naimas ti rabong ken saluyot with inihaw na bangus. :thumbs:

tex-mex.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.