charramal

PHILIPPINE POST OFFICE

48 posts in this topic

SHARE KO LANG...

I sent a digital camera to my family in the Philippines via USPS it took 1 and half month before they got the Notice from Post Office in Manila.

Actually, i include some money and put it inside the care booklet and the camera's accessories.. I was told at the USPS here to separate the battery and the memory card from the camera and so I did.

When my mom was in the Post Office to get the box and the lady showed the box the camera was not there INCLUDING the accessories.. I know you cannot put money inside a mail but I did it anyway and so my sister got the booklet and showed them that It has money and the employees said "Ay.. may pera..!" and because my sister is so mataray she then told them "Oh yeah.. di nyo nakuha noh? sayang diba, mas malaki to kesa sa ninakaw nyo!"

My mom asked them where to sign a complaint but they were already nagtuturuan and so my mom got annoyed and just left but my sister stayed and called the attention of the director and told him "Putaena mo! u let this happen, anu ka mastermind?!" infront of other customers and he just stood up and listening to what my sister was telling him.

When she was about to go, the other employee called her and asked "Ma'am, wait! hindi nyo pa po nababayaran un tax!" because my sister got the box with the CD and the booklet and my sister told them "Ang kapal ng mukha nyo! Fu*k u all!"

For me, they deserve to be yelled like that because when they knew that the package was from the US they will steal it and tax you High.

LESSON LEARNED: Never send package to the Philippines!

I had sleepless nights and gave me stress for I thought the whole package was lost.. imagine 1 and half months of waiting only to be told that the camera is not there.. Good thing they still left the booklet with money which was the most important thing in that package.

DOne that sending cards with pictures to my family n pinas with money on it..they never get any of the cards i sent.BUT the ones with no money..they sure did received it. Also i did sent packages to Pinas through USPS but only takes me 2 weeks and have'nt encountered any problem so far. I did sent ipods and cellphones to my family even and so far they all got it. MONEY IS the only thing you can't send..Will surely go to someone else's pocket..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

last august i sent a package to my fiance thru fedex. i'm the one from the philippines and my fiance is in america. i inserted documents like my NBI fingerprints for him to get my police clearance and in between the papers i also inserted a check worth $1000 for my aunt in america. I also included a brand new collared shirt still with tags on it and i also left the receipt of the shirt that is worth Php680 because fedex say that customs check whats inside of the package and they may say it is fake or something. The shirt was made in the philippines coz had a patch of the philippine islands. The whole package arrived safely but my fiance payed $30 for tax. He called up fedex and asked why he had to pay for tax and he said it was the customs he was giving the money to. My fiance payed tax worth $30 wherein the shirt was only worth about $13.

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

I don't know how they do it but they sure can sniff the money out :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 3 weeks later...
You still have to pay tax even if its sent thru fedex or any private couriers. Its safety is guaranteed though.

I am sorry to say that the safety is NOT guaranteed by using FedEx.

I have sent items in FedEx that were not in the box when it arrived... :crying:

Moral of this story is trust no one!!

Phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

You still have to pay tax even if its sent thru fedex or any private couriers. Its safety is guaranteed though.

I am sorry to say that the safety is NOT guaranteed by using FedEx.

I have sent items in FedEx that were not in the box when it arrived... :crying:

Moral of this story is trust no one!!

Phil

Hand delivery worked best for me :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I don't know how they do it but they sure can sniff the money out :blink:

Been luck so far with philpost and fed ex. Hubby sends packages thru padded mailers whose adhesive is so thick, you can't help but tear the entire envelope to get it open. My mother-in-law sent some money to her newest grandaughter the same way too. Also, my frequent appearance at QC philpost helps...they don't bother to inspect my packages anymore. He sent our wedding rings thru fed ex but did not declare them. Instead, he put "documents" which was true too. And when he sent me that xmas care package, he put his own "security tape" so we'd know if it was opened.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
SHARE KO LANG...

I sent a digital camera to my family in the Philippines via USPS it took 1 and half month before they got the Notice from Post Office in Manila.

Actually, i include some money and put it inside the care booklet and the camera's accessories.. I was told at the USPS here to separate the battery and the memory card from the camera and so I did.

When my mom was in the Post Office to get the box and the lady showed the box the camera was not there INCLUDING the accessories.. I know you cannot put money inside a mail but I did it anyway and so my sister got the booklet and showed them that It has money and the employees said "Ay.. may pera..!" and because my sister is so mataray she then told them "Oh yeah.. di nyo nakuha noh? sayang diba, mas malaki to kesa sa ninakaw nyo!"

My mom asked them where to sign a complaint but they were already nagtuturuan and so my mom got annoyed and just left but my sister stayed and called the attention of the director and told him "Putaena mo! u let this happen, anu ka mastermind?!" infront of other customers and he just stood up and listening to what my sister was telling him.

When she was about to go, the other employee called her and asked "Ma'am, wait! hindi nyo pa po nababayaran un tax!" because my sister got the box with the CD and the booklet and my sister told them "Ang kapal ng mukha nyo! Fu*k u all!"

For me, they deserve to be yelled like that because when they knew that the package was from the US they will steal it and tax you High.

LESSON LEARNED: Never send package to the Philippines!

I had sleepless nights and gave me stress for I thought the whole package was lost.. imagine 1 and half months of waiting only to be told that the camera is not there.. Good thing they still left the booklet with money which was the most important thing in that package.

As others have said, saved yourself grief and stress and just go through DHL, Fedex, etc. I personally go through LBC as they have a low rate for their air pouch and envelope. As for money, if they needed it so bad, go through westernunion or luckymoney or again through LBC.

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I personally go through LBC as they have a low rate for their air pouch and envelope. As for money, if they needed it so bad, go through westernunion or luckymoney or again through LBC.

WOW! I guess so far that I've been very blessed in my mailings so far! I have not personally asked my fiance' about EVERY letter I've sent, but based on what I have asked about, she appears to have gotten them ALL. Several cards, including Christmas cards, and several padded envelopes also. Plus, she couldn't possibly live any further east in the Visayas, and it all seems to have arrived there in 3weeks, give or take a day!

I was also told by some local town coucilmen that the PO there is privatized, so the mail-carrier is not a government employee. That makes it even more scary, IMHO.

Okay, can the poster quoted above please tell us a little bit more about LBC and how it works?

Moving on w/life

We have many packages and cards disappear going to and from the Phils. I sent documents 6 day USPS Global Priority. It was flown out of the US the next day and took 30 days to be delivered. The package was finally delivered after I contacted the Phil Customs office. The filipino postman tried to tell my wife it was sent regular mail. Guess he could not see the 1" Priority letters in red ink.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with you guys of the complaints. The reliable city as far as I know nothing is stolen or lost is in Cebu City and in Cagayan de Oro City. Other places I dont know. I received few packages long time ago and until now I am lucky nothing to complain.

NEVER send any money in the regular mail or important documents. It hurts to say but some people who work there are very corrupt.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

I agree with you guys of the complaints. The reliable city as far as I know nothing is stolen or lost is in Cebu City and in Cagayan de Oro City. Other places I dont know. I received few packages long time ago and until now I am lucky nothing to complain.

NEVER send any money in the regular mail or important documents. It hurts to say but some people who work there are very corrupt.

yup i agree with you! im from cdo and i got the digicam my husband sent me thru USPS last year, and he sent it from iraq :)

Timeline
I personally go through LBC as they have a low rate for their air pouch and envelope. As for money, if they needed it so bad, go through westernunion or luckymoney or again through LBC.

Okay, can the poster quoted above please tell us a little bit more about LBC and how it works?

I'll help you out since there is no response yet, LBC is one of those door to door carriers. The number is 1-800-522-9507

Most of your large door to door delivery services (FEDEX, UPS) charge by the pound (or ounce), I am not sure about LBC, but I know that FOREX charges by the box size regardless of the weight 5# or 500# same price. I am just about ready to send a package to Mindanao from Houston, and the price is $95 (23X20X17) and I think it will take 2 grown men to carry it because I am stuffing it as full as I can.

Working on AOS

Timeline

WOW! I guess so far that I've been very blessed in my mailings so far! I have not personally asked my fiance' about EVERY letter I've sent, but based on what I have asked about, she appears to have gotten them ALL. Several cards, including Christmas cards, and several padded envelopes also. Plus, she couldn't possibly live any further east in the Visayas, and it all seems to have arrived there in 3weeks, give or take a day!

I was also told by some local town coucilmen that the PO there is privatized, so the mail-carrier is not a government employee. That makes it even more scary, IMHO.

Hi,

pls check their site, and click on air cargo. As Abbynorm mentioned, they are a door to door courier. I sent a lot of stuff anywhere from books to chocolates and I pay around 12.50 for the airpouch. They also have other services like money remittance so why stressed out hiding the money when for a small fee they'll receive it within minutes or hours :huh:

http://www.teamlbc.com/

Hope that helps.

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

We have been fairly lucky sending stuff through the mail to the Philippines. The packages I sent made it okay, but greeting cards don't make it half the time. Once time I sent a money order, and that never made it, but I got that refunded after 60 days. I did find that if you used the large mailer envelopes, the yellow or brown ones with the extra padding, all those made it through. I always write on the envelope "contains no cash" and "documents only" if I do not have to fill out the green customs form.

--Bullwinkle

Use the balikbayan box for the easily stolen stuff, like cameras. Walang problema doon.

--Rocky

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.