charramal

PHILIPPINE POST OFFICE

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

SHARE KO LANG...

I sent a digital camera to my family in the Philippines via USPS it took 1 and half month before they got the Notice from Post Office in Manila.

Actually, i include some money and put it inside the care booklet and the camera's accessories.. I was told at the USPS here to separate the battery and the memory card from the camera and so I did.

When my mom was in the Post Office to get the box and the lady showed the box the camera was not there INCLUDING the accessories.. I know you cannot put money inside a mail but I did it anyway and so my sister got the booklet and showed them that It has money and the employees said "Ay.. may pera..!" and because my sister is so mataray she then told them "Oh yeah.. di nyo nakuha noh? sayang diba, mas malaki to kesa sa ninakaw nyo!"

My mom asked them where to sign a complaint but they were already nagtuturuan and so my mom got annoyed and just left but my sister stayed and called the attention of the director and told him "Putaena mo! u let this happen, anu ka mastermind?!" infront of other customers and he just stood up and listening to what my sister was telling him.

When she was about to go, the other employee called her and asked "Ma'am, wait! hindi nyo pa po nababayaran un tax!" because my sister got the box with the CD and the booklet and my sister told them "Ang kapal ng mukha nyo! Fu*k u all!"

For me, they deserve to be yelled like that because when they knew that the package was from the US they will steal it and tax you High.

LESSON LEARNED: Never send package to the Philippines!

I had sleepless nights and gave me stress for I thought the whole package was lost.. imagine 1 and half months of waiting only to be told that the camera is not there.. Good thing they still left the booklet with money which was the most important thing in that package.

K1

01-21-08 mailed I-129F

05-20-08 Medical

06-10-08 Interview - PASSED :D

06-18-08 Visa in hand

06-26-08 PRISM CFO Seminar

06-27-08 US

07-21-08 Wedding

AOS

09-06-08 Mailed AOS

09-29-08 Biometrics

10-06-08 SSN Card received

11-10-08 State ID

01-02-09 EAD Card received

02-25-09 I-485 approved

03-06-09 Conditional Green Card

ROC

01-20-11 Mailed I-751

01-28-11 NOA1 (1 year extension letter)

01-24-11 Biometrics

06-17-11 I-751 approved

06-22-11 Permanent Residency Card

NATURALIZATION

06-23-12 Mailed N-400

08-06-12 Early Biometrics

10-26-12 Interview (Fresno)

11-08-12 Oath Taking

I-130 MOM

11-13-12 Sent in I-130

11-20-12 NOA1

11-20-12 Check Cashed

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a fact. the phil post office is not reliable and very corrupt! once, when i got a package from my hubby, i found one side of the box obviously opened and resealed with tape! it was a good thing he gift-wrapped everything inside so it would be more obvious if they stole anything. and in another incident, i was made to pay a very huge amount as "tax" for a package that was declared as a gift! :ranting:

so guys, i recommend using a more reliable courier service such as fedex or dhl. they're a bit more expensive but you'll be sure that your package is safe from thieves such as our post office.

Edited by felb

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

it's a fact. the phil post office is not reliable and very corrupt! once, when i got a package from my hubby, i found one side of the box obviously opened and resealed with tape! it was a good thing he gift-wrapped everything inside so it would be more obvious if they stole anything. and in another incident, i was made to pay a very huge amount as "tax" for a package that was declared as a gift! :ranting:

so guys, i recommend using a more reliable courier service such as fedex or dhl. they're a bit more expensive but you'll be sure that your package is safe from thieves such as our post office.

hi! that's really true! I had several experiences wherein even just birthday cards will not make it to my family. Just this holiday season, I sent a bunch of xmas cards for my family and my in-laws. ...guess what? all the cards arrived except the card for my parents and my husband! I leave it to your imagination guys/gals what happened to those missing cards.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You still have to pay tax even if its sent thru fedex or any private couriers. Its safety is guaranteed though.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

You still have to pay tax even if its sent thru fedex or any private couriers. Its safety is guaranteed though.

that's true. but you pay taxes to send them, not to receive them, right?

smswp8wx7d.png

Oh hell yeah. sad but true, this happens.

I also sent a package to my husband last Dec 12, o8, I paid 1250 K for the air parcel and guess what, it just left dec 24 and my husband got it after 3 weeks. This is friggin balls burner. :protest:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

kainis talaga Philippines post office!!! its been 2 months now since the grandparents of my Fiance send me letter and with bunch of pictures, imagine?!!2 MONTHS na wala pa rin sa kin?!!! maybe his grandparents attched some money again like they did from their last letters to me..and the STAFFS in Philippine Post Office get it,I hope they didnt get my letter and the pictures..oh well,,I am hoping it will come soon.. :crying: :crying: :crying:

If I were you I would probably trace who received the package and if you can ask help from media people that good thing to do and file a formal complaint para madala yang mga tao na yan kakahiya ginagawa nila. For me I always ended up fighting my right when I'm dealing with government offices. Lucky for me that one of my Uncles are previous City Prosecutorl and Senator, I feel pity for those people who doesn't speak and chose to be quite because they to much hassle for them. But I think about to teach them lesson para di na pamarisan ng iba.

kainis talaga Philippines post office!!! its been 2 months now since the grandparents of my Fiance send me letter and with bunch of pictures, imagine?!!2 MONTHS na wala pa rin sa kin?!!! maybe his grandparents attched some money again like they did from their last letters to me..and the STAFFS in Philippine Post Office get it,I hope they didnt get my letter and the pictures..oh well,,I am hoping it will come soon.. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Hi, there! I have experienced too from PHilpost my fiance` sent me 2 mails late November , one is a Christmas card with photos inserted. Good thing I got it late Dec. . The second one my fiance sent prior to that card was 2 copies of DVD, created by my fiance and one DVD is video of his parents place in Tennessee , guess what? until now, I haven`t received the second one. Oh well, I guess post office employee thinking that there was a money inside. Last week,mail man pass by in our house I told him I haven`t received one packet sent to me , it was mailed through USPS last Nov. why until now they haven`t delivered it. He said they will follow up the mail. I hope I can still received it! .........Nothing more to say, nothing change in Phil. gov`t. !

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, there! I have experienced too from PHilpost my fiance` sent me 2 mails late November , one is a Christmas card with photos inserted. Good thing I got it late Dec. . The second one my fiance sent prior to that card was 2 copies of DVD, created by my fiance and one DVD is video of his parents place in Tennessee , guess what? until now, I haven`t received the second one. Oh well, I guess post office employee thinking that there was a money inside. Last week,mail man pass by in our house I told him I haven`t received one packet sent to me , it was mailed through USPS last Nov. why until now they haven`t delivered it. He said they will follow up the mail. I hope I can still received it! .........Nothing more to say, nothing change in Phil. gov`t. !

oh hell yeah got some experience from that office too...my fiance send card and didn't know he inserted a money...coz it's his first time...and i haven't got it...and then the second my fiance just trying to trick them again and so he send me card again and i didn't get it...they're too funny that they thought the first one wasn't a lesson for us...funny they're so stupid...

The local postal service here is real real s**tty.. my boyfriend from Texas sent me a letter together with some other stuffs last August, and im still waiting for it up to now.. it is so frustrating!!! Like why would somebody open somebody else's letter, you gotta be real weird to do such thing, super weird!!... a bunch of people in that s**tty office always want to have their piece, specially from "dollar/euro- countries" letters... it's still bad, but sending stuffs from here going out the country is more likely to be received...(the other end will have to wait almost forever tho.. :dead: ).. the best thing to do is, never rely on it..hehehe... you might as well, use private carriers like fedex or DHL, might be expensive but you're paying the guarantee, the assurance that it will really get here...

wa jud na silay kwenta diha sa post office!!! mga nawng ranag kwarta ang mga kagwang, mga kawatang dagko!!!..

aaa.jpg

i was told that a method used by these post office people is to hold a mail, usually on a white envelope, on top of a steam so they can see what it contains. plus the steam often makes it easier to open a sealed envelope without leaving any traces of tampering, so they can easily reseal it again! conniving thieves eh?

smswp8wx7d.png

LESSONS LEARNED:

Never EVER declare the value of the item because it will be put on hold sa Custom.

Meron po talaga law na 12% of the value of the item as custom tax. Kahit pa DHL or Fedex i ho hold pa din nila basta may naka declare na value. I think hino hold nila kapag $100 up ang naka declare.

So what we've doing all this time was to declare $5 as value of the item even if it's a laptop, computer, X box, Wii or any other valuable item. This is true whenever the package came from, my packages usually come from S. Korea where my husband is stationed and we learned our lesson.

Edited by ~bLairwhich~

When i was still in the Philippines my husband now sent me a ring through Fedex and i was not able to claim the ring till i Paid the $100 tax.. i did not have any choice so i did pay the tax even if it was already paid here in the US by my husband. Fedex said its not them its the Customs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.