steveee

filing EAD before AOS?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is it okey that im going to file an EAD before filing the AOS as K-3? anyway as far as i know i can file an AOS within 2 years as what the lady from immigration at port of entry told me, where is much better Efile or mail? because i tried to use Efile but until now the status was " action needed" i emailed to E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov already but until now i dont have any reply from them, anybody knows? thank you....

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Is it okey that im going to file an EAD before filing the AOS as K-3? anyway as far as i know i can file an AOS within 2 years as what the lady from immigration at port of entry told me, where is much better Efile or mail? because i tried to use Efile but until now the status was " action needed" i emailed to E-Filing.Support@dhs.gov already but until now i dont have any reply from them, anybody knows? thank you....

Don't rely on their email...it will take forever for them to reply. Anyways, I have no idea about K-3 visa but if I were you, I would suggest that file your EAD along with your AOS as the cost of EAD is already included in your AOS application fee.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline

Don't rely on their email...it will take forever for them to reply. Anyways, I have no idea about K-3 visa but if I were you, I would suggest that file your EAD along with your AOS as the cost of EAD is already included in your AOS application fee.

thank you, :thumbs:

EAD APPLICATION:

5bmhyctuim6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes it is ok to file EAD first before AOS but you just have to pay additional $340 for it. My husband already filed for EAD as soon as he arrived here on K3 visa. we will file for AOS the month before our 2nd anniversary this coming august so that he will get a 10 yr green card. K3 visa expires in 2 yrs. so we have plenty of time to wait to filing the AOS.

TIMELINE: K-3

9/21/07: I-130 received at Chicago

1/3/08: I-130 NOA 1

1/16/08: I-129 NOA1

9/15/08:approval of both I-130 and I-129F

10/4/08: received letter from USEM to schedule for interview

10/16-10/17/08: husband passed medical

10/28/08: i went to my husband's interview (pink slip) but more requirements needed from NSO a repeat of CENMAR and MC, marriage index w/ CDLI

11/4/08: husband hand delivered additional docs to USEM; waiting for consul to review it

11/14: consul reviewed docs

11/19: i received letter from Senator stating that husband's Visa approved.

11/20: visa released to delbros

11/24/08: visa in hand

11/26/08:husband flew to Georgia

working permit

12/1/08: sent via USPS to VSC

12/8/08: NOA 1

1/22/09: approved

1/28/09: received EAD card

AOS

7/13/09:AOS package sent via USPS

7/15/09: received at Chicago Lockbox

7/17/09: check for $1010 cashed

7/21/09: NOA 1 for AOS received

7/27/09: biometrics appt notice scheduled for 8/19/09 3pm, atlanta service center

8/19/09: husband's biometrics done

9/26/09: AOS interview approved: waiting for the 10 yr green card

10/7/09: green card received

2012: apply for citizenship

Timeline
yes it is ok to file EAD first before AOS but you just have to pay additional $340 for it. My husband already filed for EAD as soon as he arrived here on K3 visa. we will file for AOS the month before our 2nd anniversary this coming august so that he will get a 10 yr green card. K3 visa expires in 2 yrs. so we have plenty of time to wait to filing the AOS.

oh yeah so it means i can file my AOS before the 2 years visa expired, therefore your husband was been here last 2007 around july? i got confused of what the lady from the immigration told me, she said that i can adjust my status within 2 years so it means anytime before the 2 year visa expire? yes i filed my EAD online at E-filing i got the email from them today i hope that i will go through as soon as possible, thank you...

EAD APPLICATION:

5bmhyctuim6.png

Timeline

oh yeah so it means i can file my AOS before the 2 years visa expired, therefore your husband was been here last 2007 around july? i got confused of what the lady from the immigration told me, she said that i can adjust my status within 2 years so it means anytime before the 2 year visa expire? yes i filed my EAD online at E-filing i got the email from them today i hope that i will go through as soon as possible, thank you...

im sorry i missed look your timeline, your husband was here august of 2008.

EAD APPLICATION:

5bmhyctuim6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.