PhiLandShiR

Medical Exam

22 posts in this topic

I am confused... its not hard, I get that way a lot... :blush:

I was under the impression that my lady only needed a copy of my NVC letter (MNL case number) and her passport to get her medical done.

I keep reading about some 'appointment letter'??

Whats this??

Where do I get it?

How do I get one?

I thought you could not set up an appointment for the medical...

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I was under the impression that my lady only needed a copy of my NVC letter (MNL case number) and her passport to get her medical done.

Whats this??

Where do I get it?

How do I get one?

GWN

Your fiancee will receive an appointment letter from the US embassy for her medical at Saint Lukes.

Whats this??

Where do I get it?

How do I get one?

GWN

Your fiancee will receive an appointment letter from the US embassy for her medical at Saint Lukes.

for K1 applicants you can also call the US Embassy to set an appointment if you already have a case number. Print the email from USEM and present it w/ St. Luke's. Also during your medical, bring your passport and US style passport pics and black pen.

Do I need to call and schedule the interview to get this letter?

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

... Print the email from USEM and present it w/ St. Luke's. Also during your medical, bring your passport and US style passport pics and black pen.

What email?!?!

I don't have any email!! How do I get it??

I only have the hard copy letter I got from NVC with my case number in it.

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

... Print the email from USEM and present it w/ St. Luke's. Also during your medical, bring your passport and US style passport pics and black pen.

What email?!?!

I don't have any email!! How do I get it??

I only have the hard copy letter I got from NVC with my case number in it.

GWN

Once you've set an appointment over the phone, you will be sent an email regarding your interview. Print that and bring it to SLMEC.

Once you've set an appointment over the phone, you will be sent an email regarding your interview. Print that and bring it to SLMEC.

Thank You !!!!

That was the information I was lacking.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do I need to call and schedule the interview to get this letter?

GWN

Yes once you call and get the appointment set up, you will get an email almost immediately. That is your appointment letter that you can take to SLEC.

They will still send a letter through the mail, but you do not have to w8 on that letter to take your medical appt. They will send an email to you, the petitioner, and to your fiancee, the beneficiary, almost immediately after your phone call to them.

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

Whats this??

Where do I get it?

How do I get one?

GWN

She can use the NOA2 approval letter to do the SLEC medical. My wife did so 1 1/2 months before her USEM interview.

You don't get an appointment. Just walkin. Best to do after 12 noon and beat the morning crowds. Tuesday>Thursday

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The American Embassy already has my case although they say that I am not eligible for interview yet and I have to wait for another 2 weeks. Hence, there's no interview appointment letter to show to St. Luke's if I go there now. So, can I have the medical exam with just the NVC letter with the MNL case number on it?

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Timeline

the embassy will also send a letter to your fiance, Radz came via DHL for embassy interview date and time.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Timeline

Whats this??

Where do I get it?

How do I get one?

GWN

You DO NOT need the appointment letter to go get the medical taken care of. The appointment letter is the letter from the embassy telling you the date of your fiance's interview date. This letter will be sent to you via email almost immediately after you talk to the embassy to make the appointment. It will also be sent via DHL to your fiance. You will also receive one via the mail. DO NOT wait until you get this letter to have your fiance go for her medical. Scan a copy of your NOA2, along with the letter you received from the NVC with your MNL# on it. Your fiance can print both of those, go to Manila, get in line at St. Luke's at 6am, show the guard both documents and have the first day of her medical complete by 2pm.

I notice you posted that the embassy has told you that there is a backlog getting cases input to their system. If that is truly the case then you could conceivably be done with the medical before the embassy has logged your file. If you do complete the medical before your file is logged then once it is logged you can ask for the first available appointment for the interview. Don't be surprised if it is only 1 or 2 weeks after your case is logged.

Good luck

Bob

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As soon as you have an approval, the USCIS will send that to NVC. As soon as NVC have it, they send you a mail and that is giving your manila case number. NVC will forward your case to MANILA US EMBASSY. At the time the Manila embassy done checking/evaluating your case they will send a letter to your fiance telling that you are qualified for a medical and interview...that is what the letter the st lukes asked from your fiance...

that's right, no need to set for appointment on medical.

what is the alternative paper to show to st lukes if the embassy letter has not arrived yet is the NVC letter. what they need most is the MNLcase number.

Good luck!!!

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

As soon as you have an approval, the USCIS will send that to NVC. As soon as NVC have it, they send you a mail and that is giving your manila case number. NVC will forward your case to MANILA US EMBASSY. At the time the Manila embassy done checking/evaluating your case they will send a letter to your fiance telling that you are qualified for a medical and interview...that is what the letter the st lukes asked from your fiance...

that's right, no need to set for appointment on medical.

what is the alternative paper to show to st lukes if the embassy letter has not arrived yet is the NVC letter. what they need most is the MNLcase number.

Good luck!!!

AS i said you only need the NOA2 approval notice plus your passport, 3 passport pictures and 2 ballpens!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

Thank You !!!!

That was the information I was lacking.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

The appointment email is for the interview at the embassy...not the medical exam. There aren't appointments for medical...it's first come/first serve. Set up your embassy interview appointment and they will ask for your email. They sent confirm emails to both of us. I print out two copies to bring to medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.