MyUKLove

MISTAKES! HELP!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

Please help and advise me what we can do. We've got all the paperwork ready except for the I-134 (affidavit of support) and I've got only a part-time job which doesn't meet the minimum income requirements. Our visa petition is set to expire 2-5-09 and so I haven't sent my fiance the form yet and he hasn't sent in the checklist. Now the consulate in London is telling us that he has to have the interview before it expires 2-5-09 or we have to start all over again. Also, if we wanted to extend it we need to ask an attorney to send a notarized letter which states from me that I intend on marrying my fiance within 90 days of his arrival. That's a given. But what does it have to do with extending the process to allow for time for me getting a job. Are we doomed? I told my fiance, let's just send in the checklist now. I don't have anyone to co-sponsor me. So that's out of the question. My IRA has been cut into a third because of the economic disaster and so that doesn't prove I can take care of him either. What should I do?

Please help!

Aleisha

Timeline
Thats quite a pickle you're in.

• Have you always had 'just' the part time position?
  • Is this a new/temporary development?
  • How will an extension help?

Ever since my divorce 4 years ago, yes, I have only been able to find part-time work- partially on purpose so I can do art full-time, but never expected to meet someone and do a visa process. But now as this thing is getting near the end, things are starting to look promising for ft work and time is not on my side. I'm hoping the extension will give me time to show I now have a full time job and can fill out the affidavit of support and he can get approved at the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You need to file for an extension with the Embassy because your I-797 (noa2) has a validity of only 4 months.

An Embassy will often extend it automatically if the delay is their doing but in this case they are requesting you simply send a letter stating that you are requesting one. I'm not sure that 'until I can afford to bring him here' is a valid argument tho. :(

Is it possible that he can be interviewed within the time frame and the visa put on hold until you can provide what they are asking?

timeline.jpg

Timeline
You need to file for an extension with the Embassy because your I-797 (noa2) has a validity of only 4 months.

An Embassy will often extend it automatically if the delay is their doing but in this case they are requesting you simply send a letter stating that you are requesting one. I'm not sure that 'until I can afford to bring him here' is a valid argument tho. :(

Is it possible that he can be interviewed within the time frame and the visa put on hold until you can provide what they are asking?

I'm really not sure. I have faxed and emailed them and heard nothing. We're thinking of sending in the checklist now and asking them to interview him after the end of the month after the no2a expires...not sure now if we should ask that because I have 2 communications out to them about me not having met the min. income. So, it sounds a bit sketchy if I'm sending in the checklist now with a request to extend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Do not wait until it expires. Call the Embassy (if possible) and try to schedule an interview before that date. Have him send what he has.

Use the time to look for a co-sponsor and/or a new job. btw... the I-134 is not legally binding like the I-864 and the person agreeing to help does not need to be a relative or living with you...just a USC.

good luck whatever happens.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.