CJ Vasani

Clarification Needed for CR1 Case in Mumbai

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
If I have submitted all of my originals to NVC, I don't need to submit anything at VFS except the medical report and paying the courier fees, correct?

Please advise.

CJ,

Here is thread that will help you answer your question. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&hl=mumbai

Hopefully this will help you clear any confusion you might have.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
If I have submitted all of my originals to NVC, I don't need to submit anything at VFS except the medical report and paying the courier fees, correct?

Please advise.

Is your VFS submission related to K3 interview date or CR1 interview date? If its related to K3 (which makes sense as its before CR1), I believe you would still need to submit documents pertaining to K3 Packet 4 checklist. I don't think VFS office will care whether the consulate had agreed to switch your K3 to CR1. I think it would be safer to submit the documents that you had prepared for K3 VFS submission.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thanks for the reply. I do have short-term memory issues :) looks like I contributed to that thread. I have last minute doubts as to what the VFS office is going to ask for given that I am going to flip the interviews. I'll find out tomorrow whether the flip is successful or not. Otherwise, I'll have to interview on Feb 25.

Timeline
thanks for the reply. I do have short-term memory issues :) looks like I contributed to that thread. I have last minute doubts as to what the VFS office is going to ask for given that I am going to flip the interviews. I'll find out tomorrow whether the flip is successful or not. Otherwise, I'll have to interview on Feb 25.

No problem, Do keep us updated.

U.S. Passport

Timeline
No reply from Mumbai yet about the flip. I am hoping to hear something by Friday. If not, I'll shoot another e-mail.

CJ - What did you request in the e-mail? Did you simply request them to contact NVC to forward your CR1 case and thereafter, convert your K3 interview to CR1? I will be following the same process soon and would appreciate some light in that area. Thanks.

Timeline

It was simple e-mail that said - 'We have an existing K3 interview date on Feb 11, 2009 and would like to use that date our completed CR1 case which is with the Mumbai Consulate. Please let us know if this is possible'

I still have no reply from them. I think they are closed on Jan 14 due to Makar-shankranti.

Timeline
It was simple e-mail that said - 'We have an existing K3 interview date on Feb 11, 2009 and would like to use that date our completed CR1 case which is with the Mumbai Consulate. Please let us know if this is possible'

I still have no reply from them. I think they are closed on Jan 14 due to Makar-shankranti.

Thanks CJ for the information on the e-mail. I am hoping that my case completes this week and interview gets scheduled.

The consulate didn't have off today but I think they take 24 to 48 hours to reply to e-mail. I hope you get a positive response from them. For your reference, consulate's holiday list is http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/holidays.html

Timeline

Thanks CJ for the information on the e-mail. I am hoping that my case completes this week and interview gets scheduled.

The consulate didn't have off today but I think they take 24 to 48 hours to reply to e-mail. I hope you get a positive response from them. For your reference, consulate's holiday list is http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/holidays.html

Wow! 20 days worth of holidays, I would like to work at Mumbai consulate. LOL

U.S. Passport

Timeline

Wow! 20 days worth of holidays, I would like to work at Mumbai consulate. LOL

Thouse who are going simultaneouusly for K3 and CR-1 did you submit original PCC at NVC ??? I have only one copy of Local PCC if we submit original at NVC wont it be a tricky situation at consulate

MY timeline

I 130 received by vermont- 05-24-08

NOA1- 06-03-08 touch 10-03-08, 10-05-08

I 129F recieved -07-28-08

NOA1-08-13-08 Touch 08-16-08

I-130 and I-129F approved on 9th Jan

Timeline

Make multiple copies of the originals and get them notarized. this way you may use it more than once. NVC accepts certified (in other words, notarized) copies. That's what I did.

Timeline

When we got the PCC from district office (police commissioner), we made photocopy of the original and had the police officer put a stamp on it. This makes the photocopy a certified true copy instead of a plain true copy. We submitted certified copy at NVC.

Edited by siyaram

Timeline
The flip is unsuccessful. They have asked us to report to the US consulate on Feb 25 if we want the CR1 visa. Non-negotiable! :angry:

Sorry to hear your news man! That's so stupid for them to not switch k3 into cr1. I dont understand why they wouldnt do it, did they tell you the reason why? ne ways best of luck with your cr1 interview!

U.S. Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.