MatthewKMC

I don't know what to do !!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I just discovered ,that you have to submit tax returns for the last 3 years.The problem is-I HAVE NOT MADE 125% OVER THE POVERTY LEVEL for 3 years straight. I made it this year 2008 ($18,000) . But in 2007 I only made $15,500 .And in 2006 I only made $14,500. I do not know what I am going to do. I do not know anyone that will sponser my fiance for me. And I can't ask her to wait for me for 2 years while I work a part time job (to raise additional funds). And as far as collatoral all I have is a 1994 pickup & a 1979 Harley-Davidson sportster. I do not know what to do.Can any one help? Thank's , Matt

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I just discovered ,that you have to submit tax returns for the last 3 years.The problem is-I HAVE NOT MADE 125% OVER THE POVERTY LEVEL for 3 years straight. I made it this year 2008 ($18,000) . But in 2007 I only made $15,500 .And in 2006 I only made $14,500. I do not know what I am going to do. I do not know anyone that will sponser my fiance for me. And I can't ask her to wait for me for 2 years while I work a part time job (to raise additional funds). And as far as collatoral all I have is a 1994 pickup & a 1979 Harley-Davidson sportster. I do not know what to do.Can any one help? Thank's , Matt

Your current income is sufficient so whether you include one or three tax returns, you still qualify. If you "found out" you need three years of qualified income, you found out wrong.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Your current income is sufficient so whether you include one or three tax returns, you still qualify. If you "found out" you need three years of qualified income, you found out wrong.

Mathew - my now husband was also in a similar position - at the time of petitioning his most recent tax return was over the poverty limit but previous two fell short, we had no problems in reference to his tax return so you are good to go!

Pushbrk - he never said he found out he needed 3 qualifying returns... just that he found out he needed 3 and I suspect he convinced himself they needed to be over the poverty limit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Pushbrk - he never said he found out he needed 3 qualifying returns... just that he found out he needed 3 and I suspect he convinced himself they needed to be over the poverty limit.

oh no, let the debate begin.... :whistle:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

oh no, let the debate begin.... :whistle:

No problem, I suspect the same and covered it with "if". :thumbs: Party on.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

hi pushbark,

Our I130 just got approved and the next step i believe is my husband's filing of Affidavit of Support. My concern is that he didnt work in 2007 (he was here in the philippines almost the whole year) and only started working in May 2008 (when he went back to US after our wedding). His annual income satisfies the required 125% above poverty line for 3 persons (we have a son) but since he only started in May his income for 2008 would be less. Would it be okay to just submit his tax returns and pay stubs or do we need to find a co/joint sponsor?

I need all the input i can get from everyone. Thank you.

hi pushbark,

Our I130 just got approved and the next step i believe is my husband's filing of Affidavit of Support. My concern is that he didnt work in 2007 (he was here in the philippines almost the whole year) and only started working in May 2008 (when he went back to US after our wedding). His annual income satisfies the required 125% above poverty line for 3 persons (we have a son) but since he only started in May his income for 2008 would be less. Would it be okay to just submit his tax returns and pay stubs or do we need to find a co/joint sponsor?

we're applying for CR1 by the way. I just saw this post so i decided to ask the question in this forum. I dont know if there's a difference in the supporting documents if one is applying for K1 or CR1.

Timeline

hi pushbark,

we're applying for CR1 by the way. I just saw this post so i decided to ask the question in this forum. I dont know if there's a difference in the supporting documents if one is applying for K1 or CR1.

Actually, the documents ARE different but the income requirement is the same. Have the petitioner actually read the form and accompanying instructions, then state current income and document it with tax returns and pay stubs. The pay stubs are what will document the actual current annual income you state.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

hi pushbark,

Actually, the documents ARE different but the income requirement is the same. Have the petitioner actually read the form and accompanying instructions, then state current income and document it with tax returns and pay stubs. The pay stubs are what will document the actual current annual income you state.

ok thank you very much. based from my first post, do we still need to have a co-sponsor?

Timeline

hi pushbark,

ok thank you very much. based from my first post, do we still need to have a co-sponsor?

No.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

hi pushbark,

No.

Thank you. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.