sunzetgirl

To All Pinays

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey there mga kababayans, just wanna know, I just got here in Colorado, and I'm out of contraceptive pills, anybody here know where to buy? My husband just got laid off and is still in the process of looking for a job, so he lost his medical insurance and cant get contraceptive here in the USA without the doc's prescription, I have been using Althea pills for almost 6 months now, so can anyone have idea where to get the pill? thanks to everyone who will take time to reply. Have a fruitful 2009 everyone.

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

Try to call Department Of Health near you, because they have a program for family planning or you can send money to the Phils and ask someone to buy for you there and send it here. I sent money to the Phils to buy for my antibiotics there.

Edited by franksonb
glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

hey there mga kababayans, just wanna know, I just got here in Colorado, and I'm out of contraceptive pills, anybody here know where to buy? My husband just got laid off and is still in the process of looking for a job, so he lost his medical insurance and cant get contraceptive here in the USA without the doc's prescription, I have been using Althea pills for almost 6 months now, so can anyone have idea where to get the pill? thanks to everyone who will take time to reply. Have a fruitful 2009 everyone.

hi im from colorado and im also using althea... i used to take another contraceptive prescribed by my obgyn here in the US but the deal was you have to visit them every yr too. so when my yr ended, the pharmacy wont let me buy anymore (unless if my obgyn approves it which is i have to go back but i dont want to lol)... we changed our insurance policy so that doesnt cover meds and doctor visits. so i started sending my mom some money and she will send me some althea... and when i was in phil last yr i bought 4 packets and now i have 2 left... send me a PM and i'll share you the other packet (no big deal at all!!!) we're heading to chicago monday or tuesday (God willing) so if you want i can send you the packet before we leave...

just pm me ok?

God bless!!!

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Check to see if there is a Planned Parenthood in your area. You can get contraception there for free or for a small fee. I went there several years back when I didn't have health insurance - just finished school and had a low paying job. Everyone there was very nice and friendly. You can also get other gyno services there like check ups etc for free or a small fee, based on your income.

Edited by Koakland

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

You can go to your local county health services and get family planning for a little or no cost at all. That's what I did when I first got here and before my husband was able to put me on his medical insurance.

Don't get caught receiving prescription drugs from a foreign country especially when it's not prescribed for you. Big deal, big jail time.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Oh, I can't imagine that's how hard to get contraceptive pills in US.

I used Yasmine pills when my husband was here in PI. But buying Yasmine is just a piece of cake here in PI.

I'm not so familiar with Althea though.

Want to share the good side effects of Althea?

I loved Yasmine since it makes your skin more fairer and other people said I was more blooming.It generates reg period too. As much as I wanted to still take it, but there's no reason at all anymore. :lol:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

You can go to your local county health services and get family planning for a little or no cost at all. That's what I did when I first got here and before my husband was able to put me on his medical insurance.

Don't get caught receiving prescription drugs from a foreign country especially when it's not prescribed for you. Big deal, big jail time.

that's a good point though... but i am just curios coz the pills was prescribed by my doctor in phil (when i was still in phil anways)... and although fedex and ups wont accept any kind of medicines since they say its not allowed, post office in the other hand accept it and that you'll have to write whats in the package. so my mom always write "medicine" (and among others) in the description and even registered it... i always go claim it to the local post office since its a registered mail/package. and they know and can check whats in it by just reading the description that there's drugs/medicine inside... thats what confuses me if its really a big jail time on my part.

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

I used Yasmine pills when my husband was here in PI. But buying Yasmine is just a piece of cake here in PI.

I loved Yasmine since it makes your skin more fairer and other people said I was more blooming.It generates reg period too. As much as I wanted to still take it, but there's no reason at all anymore. :lol:

Althea is also good for the skin (basing on my obgyn's sales talk lol... coz i used to take diane in phil but she said althea is cheaper and has the same good effect for your skin)... so i guess yasmine is too then hehe...

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

that's a good point though... but i am just curios coz the pills was prescribed by my doctor in phil (when i was still in phil anways)... and although fedex and ups wont accept any kind of medicines since they say its not allowed, post office in the other hand accept it and that you'll have to write whats in the package. so my mom always write "medicine" (and among others) in the description and even registered it... i always go claim it to the local post office since its a registered mail/package. and they know and can check whats in it by just reading the description that there's drugs/medicine inside... thats what confuses me if its really a big jail time on my part.

I am probably exagerating. But, I would not want to encourage the practice either. I did some quick checking, and here is what I found:

The FDA's enforcement efforts focus on drugs for commercial use, fraudulent drugs, and products that pose an unreasonable health risk.

• If a bag or package arouses suspicion, customs will set it aside and contact the nearest office of the FDA or the Drug Enforcement Agency for advice on whether to release or detain the drug product.
  • Even though your bag may not be checked, it is against the law not to properly declare imported medications to customs. Failure to declare products could result in penalties.
  • Possession of certain medications without a prescription from a licensed physician may violate federal, state, and local laws.
  • Prescription drugs should be stored in their original containers, and you should have a copy of your doctor's prescription or letter of instruction.
  • If a drug is detained, the FDA is required by law to send you a written notice asking whether you can show that the product meets legal requirements. If you can't, the drug could be destroyed or returned to the sender.
For more information about the U.S. Customs Service, visit the agency's Web site, www.customs.ustreas.gov.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I am probably exagerating. But, I would not want to encourage the practice either. I did some quick checking, and here is what I found:

The FDA's enforcement efforts focus on drugs for commercial use, fraudulent drugs, and products that pose an unreasonable health risk.

• If a bag or package arouses suspicion, customs will set it aside and contact the nearest office of the FDA or the Drug Enforcement Agency for advice on whether to release or detain the drug product.
  • Even though your bag may not be checked, it is against the law not to properly declare imported medications to customs. Failure to declare products could result in penalties.
  • Possession of certain medications without a prescription from a licensed physician may violate federal, state, and local laws.
  • Prescription drugs should be stored in their original containers, and you should have a copy of your doctor's prescription or letter of instruction.
  • If a drug is detained, the FDA is required by law to send you a written notice asking whether you can show that the product meets legal requirements. If you can't, the drug could be destroyed or returned to the sender.
For more information about the U.S. Customs Service, visit the agency's Web site, www.customs.ustreas.gov.

COOL!

maybe next time i'll ask my mom to attach a prescription letter from my doc in phil just to be safe... that way we're still doing it the right way... coz in phil you dont have to have a prescription if you wana buy a contraceptive pills. but here in the US they do. so i guess better safe also... thanks!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

When i travelled going here I brought many medicines with Doctor's prescription. When the time i dont have left i cant use the Dr. prescription from the Phils here, so I bought some of my medicine from Phils and sent it here. The post office there in our country, want to know/see, what medicines inside the package before you send bec. there are medicines are not allowed to be send here. The in charge in the Phil Post Office they knows what are medicines are allowed to be ship, if it is not allowed then you can't send that medicine they wont accept it.

Edited by franksonb

When i travelled going here I brought many medicines with Doctor's prescription. When the time i dont have left i cant use the Dr. prescription from the Phils here, so I bought some of my medicine from Phils and sent it here. The post office there in our country, want to know/see, what medicines inside the package before you send bec. there are medicines are not allowed to be send here. The in charge in the Phil Post Office they knows what are medicines are allowed to be ship, if it is not allowed then you can't send that medicine they wont accept it.

true coz my mom befriended the lady at the post office and even gave her a bracelet that she made lol, and she said my pills are fine... even alvedon (paracetamol), amoxicilin (antibiotics), vitamin C... my mom is such a caring person even if i dont need those but she said phil medicine is better for my body compared to US meds :luv: ... lol... she even included polymagma (for diarrhea lol)... and kremil-s (for my ulcer)... to think i only need my contraceptive pills...

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I'm a pinay too! Can u please tell me how many copies of CeNoMar and BC are required for the US embassy interview here in pinas? Thanks! Good to know that u'r happy with ur life now!

Oct 06, 2008 - he flew to Cebu to meet me, finally! HAPPY!!

Oct 13, 2008 - he proposed and I said YES of course!

Oct 20, 2008 - the saddest time of our lives, he went back home

Nov17, 2008 - K1 App mailed to USCIS

Nov19, 2008 - K1 App received by USCIS

Nov22, 2008 - Payment Cashed

Nov24, 2008 - Received NOA1

Feb19, 2009 - email notitification of NOA2

Feb23, 2009 - received hardcopy of NOA2

Mar03, 2009 - K1 App Left NVC; got MNL case #

Mar17, 2009 - Got a USEM interview date!HURRAY!!!

Apr13, 2009 - Medical @St Luke's -PASSED!!

Apr20,2009 - USEM interview -GOT A PINK SLIP, APPROVED!!!

Apr23, 2009 - Air21 delivered my VISA -THANKS GOD!!

Jun19, 2009 - my flight to Ca, US!! POE -SF

Aug08,2009 - Wedding at Tahoe Lake

Aug21,2009 - Applied for SSN

Sept03,2009 - Received SSN Card, yey!

--------AOS----------

Sept13,2009 - Filed AOS and EAD App

Sept21,2009 - NOA1

Sept23,2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

Oct14, 2009 - Biometrics Taken

Oct29,2009 - Received EAD card, wohoooo!

Nov02,2009 - Interview Notice received

Dec08,2009 - Interviewed by the USCIS officer --Approved!

During the interview you will give the original copies of cenomar and BC. the pre screener will ask all the documents needed. I have a xerox copies as a back up file. After the interview it will be given back to you.

Hi, I'm a pinay too! Can u please tell me how many copies of CeNoMar and BC are required for the US embassy interview here in pinas? Thanks! Good to know that u'r happy with ur life now!

Althea is also good for the skin (basing on my obgyn's sales talk lol... coz i used to take diane in phil but she said althea is cheaper and has the same good effect for your skin)... so i guess yasmine is too then hehe...

Yasmin is a prescription drug here in the U.S. On prescription drugs, don't get caught without the patient's name/label (pharmacy sticker) in the box or packet/medicine container. Prescriptions from doctors from other countries are not recognized here. Yasmin is expensive without insurance, about $50+ for 28 days supply. It also has a generic counterpart, Ocella, which is cheaper. but still you should get prescriptions for these medications from U.S. doctors or physician assistants and even nurses (yes, nurses here can prescribe medications), and ask for refills (you don't need to call your doctor/PA/nurse every month; just request the pharmacy to refill your prescription).

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.