Visahelp1

Registration in Russia

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

So I am in Russia in a smallish town and the post office and OVIR didnt open until today because of the "holidays" and I Have been here since 1-3-09 it is currently 1-9-09, I have the registration form all filled out and we are bringing it to the post today, I will keep the bottom portion , my questions are these, will immigration care that I didnt get registered? and do they need to stamp the peice of paper that i keep with anything? my feeling is that they probably have never registered an american here.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

US immi doesn't care because its a Russian law.

They will be able to find out what to do. There is a piece of paper they will give you with teh information of registration on it. It will be stamped and signed and the paper should remain with you until you leave. The registration should also cover all days until you depart.

did you enter on tourist of homestay?

If push comes to shove and you get into trouble PAY the bribe do not get a "ticket"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I entered on a tourist visa, I got it registered at the post today and they said" well its been more than 3 days you might get in trouble" however they said they just send the registration to OVIR whcih is closed until after the 11th any way. I have the bottom portion of my registration, stamped and signed. I guess the only place i could get in trouble is when i leave and they look at my visa.

any thoughts?

thanks

Smile, say S'novim godim, and keep walking!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
i know Moscow Airport Sherementevo 2 doesn't care when u leave .. never even had them look at my reg.

However, Sh-1 and Nizhny both did ...

but as stated it is 3 BUSINESS days . so you are safe.

Sh-2 sure looked at mine.

I'll second that SVO-2 sure liked at mine. I am curious though, since when did SVO-1 begin international flights?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

huh.... strange. I never registered when traveling only though with SVO-2. Good to know since I haven't been through SVO-1 in about 8 months.

SVO-1 doesn't do international. but i fly within Russia. Since i have a US passport they always check my registration. One time it wasn't done yet literally 75 hours (it was being regged at next destination) i got dinged.

Timeline
SVO-1 doesn't do international. but i fly within Russia. Since i have a US passport they always check my registration. One time it wasn't done yet literally 75 hours (it was being regged at next destination) i got dinged.
Of course, I thought you originally meant when flying international i.e. leaving Russia. Almost all internal Russian airports and their staff checks registration. They get more locals than anything. I once had to pay a 150 RU fine for not being Registered in Sochi, because the hotel we were staying at did not do international registrations, and I was already registered in wife's home city. Was I really supposed to lose a day to go hunt for the OVIR during my limited vacation time. In alternative my wife got dinged for not having local registration on the flight to Sochi but was fine with the Sochi registration on the flight back!

I wonder what "dinged" exactly meant there... just a fine or significant fine? or some kind of record in your file with consequences?

also I wonder how they have their computer system set up: new registration rules through post office do not leave any mark (stamp or anything like that) on your registration card. so how do they know if you're registered or not? post requires several days for delivery plus data input etc...

obender

Timeline
dinged in this case cost me about $200 bucks in bribe ...

u do NOT want an official ticket. usually its much cheaper .. long story here...

I got dinged for $20 at the airport in Rostov-on-Don, but that was late 2003! My girl was told I just needed one or two days of registration in some hotel and everything would be fine. It wasn't. After that I was always careful to get registered.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.