Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

name error i-129F and G325A for fiance Visa

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan

I recently sent papers to apply for Fiance Visa. Today I notices that I made the following error.

for the Question: if any other names uses for Fiance?

on the i-129 application , I put her name as Jane Doe and none for any other names

on the G325A , She put Jane Doe as name and Jane Doe Smith for other names used

Jane doe appears on all of her documents including passport, birth certificates and school certificate.

Would the application be rejected for this reason?

Also: error made on her G325A : Her Dad's birday was written as 09/16/08 but the actuall birthdat is 12/01/52. could this cause any problem?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

Had to do this one myself, USCIS entered information incorectly in the system. Here is the letter I used to submit corrections ( in this case, my fiancee's b-day ). I don't know if you will need supporting documentation for the cases you presented.

Jane Doe

Jane's address



Operations Unit

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

1201 Roxas Blvd.

Ermita, Metro Manila 1000

( subsitute the countries embassy address above )

Case: WACase#

Recipt: MNLrecipt#

This correspondence is being sent to report a correction of Jane Doe's birtdate. Jane Doe was born on <Month> <Day> in the year of <YEAR> ( MM/DD/YYYY ). Documents included supporting this claim are a copy of birth certificate and a copy of beneficiary’s passport.


Jane Doe

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand

Doesn't sound too harmful as you did put the name listed on her documents. We've seen worse go through fine and some rfe'd for simpler things. It's really at the discretion of the adjuticator working your case. Any changes should be made through the Embassy, as noted above, or by calling DOS once the petition has been approved. Unless, of course, you receive an RFE.

good luck.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...