juliephowton

Contact and vacation rules in the Egyptian military

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi there

This is all new to me because as of 3 days ago my fiance went into the Egyptian Military for 13 months. I understand for the first 45 days it is training and they are not allowed any contact with the outside world, but does anyone know if they can contact you after that or when do they get vacation? I have heard that they get a week after the 45 days but I'm not sure how true that is.

If anyone has information on this who has experienced it with their partners already or is currently going through it, please could you let me know.

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

You should probably get in touch with Olivia about this. She can help you as her husband is in Egyptian Mil right now.

My husband is being in military for 1 year and 7 months(9 more months to go). He is getting his vacation every month for 10 days(sometimes more). Since his military, i visited him 2 times(just came back a month ago,was there for 39 days). Every time i was there he got longer vacation, as same as i was there. My hubby is smart and he started to have a connection with an officers in there from the begin, that is how he is getting a little better treatment. Also he has a cellphone. I'm calling him every two days and texting eachother every day. it is very hard but there is nothing we can do. I wish you and other couples all the best.

Hi there, thanks for that, when you husband first did the 45 days was it exactly 45 days before he got a break or was it before. I'm hearing stories now that people are ending their training before the 45 days are up. My Fiance's exact 45 days aren't up till next Thursday, but I'm worrying something has happened now if others are finishing before him and went in around the same time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Everyone's time how they serve is different depending on their position and which branch and where they are stationed according to what Waleed has told me. His breaks get shorter each time but luckily he would get out soon.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.