catknit

Typical start up time for new House of Rep office?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

In my never ending quest to show the Consulate how vested I am in this process I would like to get my new congressman on the case - requesting status etc etc.

Unfortuately, the guy who was in office during our interview refused to take on new cases - no amount of begging would change his mind since he was not running for re-election.

The new guy was a senator at the state level, I sort of know him - used to shop freqeuntly in the florist where I worked. Doubt he could come up with my name in a pinch, but he should recogonize in person.

Since the election it's been impossible to track him down - his state offices - phones go unanswered, state website - no return of email, thru the H of R website - he isn't listed yet...I get that they are most finalizing his offices now and a curious if anyone has been in a similar situation. At this point I'm betting he may not even have an immigration liason. I have no idea - but advise would be greatly appreciated [i did get in touch with his fundraising committee too, asking when constituent services may be available].

I've already gone down the Seantor route - one is helpful, the other doesn't return calls/emails/or faxes.

Thanks!

PS: if there is a better place for this, mods/organizers please move!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Rely on your senior Senator, and not on everyone all at once. As to new congressmen, this month is a big adjustment for them and their staff. The congressmen have much smaller staffs than Senators, and your new one is probably busy thinking of people to reward for their political support, not for their particular set of skills.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Wait - I lie :innocent:

I think the senior senator is the one who actually sent some status requests - the other was a senator for evvvvvvvvver, retired, and then came back. Total time in the senate is tons more than the one helping me but it wasn't consecutive time - his "rebirth" was after Helper Senator was in office.

Politics - so confusing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.