allousa

Update on SIL in Gaza

22 posts in this topic

Amen

Like you, my SIL is in Gaza City with most of my husbands relatives... nobody has been able to contact her for 6 days :( My husband is a wreck and asking me to move with him now, being overwhelmed by feeling helpless...both of us for each other and for all Gaza refugees.

Peace,

Mariah

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband learned last night from an online site that among those Gazans killed yesterday, two were children from his family in the same village where his sister lives. They did not report the first names nor the ages, just the last name, so we don't know who they are as of yet. We both keep saying if it were my SILs kids, surely he would be getting calls from his parents.

We are very frightened that this has happened in their village. There is absolutely NO HAMAS where she lives....so help me to understand why there is ANY tanks or bombings there??????

An infant was killed yesterday. A BABY FOR GOD'S SAKE! #######!!!???!!!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband learned last night from an online site that among those Gazans killed yesterday, two were children from his family in the same village where his sister lives. They did not report the first names nor the ages, just the last name, so we don't know who they are as of yet. We both keep saying if it were my SILs kids, surely he would be getting calls from his parents.

We are very frightened that this has happened in their village. There is absolutely NO HAMAS where she lives....so help me to understand why there is ANY tanks or bombings there??????

An infant was killed yesterday. A BABY FOR GOD'S SAKE! #######!!!???!!!!!!

I'm so sorry. I turned on bbc news this morning and started crying at the sight of all the black plumes of smoke. Apparently Omert said a big f-u to the UN and is determined on committing more war crimes and guess what....nothing at all will be done about it. If I could swoop down and save each and every innocent human being on both sides of this war I would. I feel truly helpless and can't sleep at night. My prayers are with your family as always.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Allousa......I am sooooooo sorry for your family's loss. My heart aches for the children.

I pray that the madness ends soon and that the truth surfaces and that, if there is anything good to be learned from this, that people all over the world will realize that the murders being committed by the Israeli government have nothing to do with Judaism......but rather, everything to do with political agendas timed just weeks before an Israeli election is due to take place. Judaism does not equal Zionism.

CNN confirms that Israel broke the ceasefire first

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KntmpoRXFX4

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054009.html

UN: IDF officers admitted there was no gunfire from Gaza school which was shelled

By Barak Ravid and Akiva Eldar, Haaretz Correspondent

The United Nations is claiming Israeli military officers have admitted there was no Palestinian gunfire emanating from inside an UNRWA school in Gaza which was shelled by an IDF tank.

Dozens of Palestinians were killed in the shelling.

In addition, UNRWA Thursday announced it will cease activities in the Strip due to the death of an UNRWA staffer in an IDF shelling during Thursday morning's humanitarian hiatus.

Advertisement

UNRWA spokesman Chris Gunness told Haaretz yesterday that the army had conceded wrongdoing.

"In briefings senior [israel Defense Forces] officers conducted for foreign diplomats, they admitted the shelling to which IDF forces in Jabalya were responding did not originate from the school," Gunness said. "The IDF admitted in that briefing that the attack on the UN site was unintentional."

He noted that all the footage released by the IDF of militants firing from inside the school was from 2007 and not from the incident itself.

"There are no up-to-date photos," Gunness said. "In 2007, we abandoned the site and only then did the militants take it over."

The UNRWA is now demanding an objective investigation into whether the school shelling constituted a violation of international humanitarian law, and if so, that those responsible stand trial.

The UN reported Thursday that a Palestinian working for the UNRWA was killed by an IDF tank shell while driving an aid truck at the Erez border crossing. The organization claims the UN truck was well-marked and the incident took place during the humanitarian hiatus slated to allow Gaza residents to acquire supplies

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054009.html

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.