mhaze

wedding bands

18 posts in this topic

I didn't see many jewelery stores in PI.

Here in USA your best option is to go to Gold/Silver Wholesaler and buy your ring.

They usually sell loose diamond and set them in a ring of your choice.

Do not go to mall and buy jewelery, you will pay about double.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

It depends on your budget Philippines I think is cheaper but quality are not good. I bought ours at Tifanny Store here in US.

where do you think should we buy the rings..here in the Phils or in US..

thank you

Unless you already know your fiancee's ring size it's best to buy in the Philippines so that the ring can be adjusted immediately. Also, it would be cheaper here given the exchange rate. Quality really depends not only how much but also where you buy them.

thank you

Unless you already know your fiancee's ring size it's best to buy in the Philippines so that the ring can be adjusted immediately. Also, it would be cheaper here given the exchange rate. Quality really depends not only how much but also where you buy them.

Also be aware that american and philippine ring sizes are not the same. I have ran into this problem by buyng rings in the size she wears there only to find they are to big for her when I arrive.

Edited by geezer

My husband and I had our rings made especially by a jeweler here in the Philippines.

This is an option if you want to customize your rings. The price is right. It depends on what material you want your rings is made of. Just give both of your ring sizes then the jeweler will make it for you.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used to be a jewelry designer so it was my call. I had our rings made here in Philippines. When my fiancee brought it back to the US, the custom official almost charged him tax cuz he said it looked like its worth a lot (which really were not).

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you can go down to they call it china town in manila that where we bought our rings bought both rings for under 200 usd.14 k

alot of little shops to choose from all jewelery stores good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i also think it is cheaper to get the rings here in the philippines as long as you know how to look at the quality of diamonds. diamonds that you buy in the philippines is imported and labor here is way cheaper. i also ordered my wedding bands from a jewelry store here in the philippines wherein i got a good price from a bridal fair. but if you want branded rings like tiffany & co. it is really nice but you are just paying for the name.

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

thank you

Its up to you where u want.....if you think u can save...its good here in the philippines cuz its cheaper that i the US.

My husband bring the wedding ring when he came here but just only for me and we buy here in the phil.his ring cuz he want to have a memorable gift from the phil.

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

Hubby bought our 14k white-gold comfort-fit wedding bands in the US for a total of about $400. Benchmark quality, came with a lifetime guarantee...can have them resized even when we get old and have them replaced too. He brought it with him when he came for the wedding and we had them engraved here. I did not want one with any gems on it as I already had my engagement ring for that.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for the information friends..since fiancee is here, we are thinking of buying it here but we are having doubts of the quality.

we already scouted of the jewelry stores here in davao and it cost around 15k-35k..thats already enough..we are also looking in the internet..tifanny is really expensive..been watching the KAYS JEWELRY..what do you thinkK

Timeline

My rings cost a lot he bought it here but Id rather buy rings there or any jewelry than here!!! much cheaper but great :star: :star: :star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline
i also think it is cheaper to get the rings here in the philippines as long as you know how to look at the quality of diamonds. diamonds that you buy in the philippines is imported and labor here is way cheaper. i also ordered my wedding bands from a jewelry store here in the philippines wherein i got a good price from a bridal fair. but if you want branded rings like tiffany & co. it is really nice but you are just paying for the name.

:thumbs:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.