wibo

I-130, G-325A and I-864 questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to send out my I-130/I-485 bundle and I,ve bumped into some question marks. First off, i came here (USA) on a visa waiver, married my gf and i'm now filing for an adjustment of status.

On the I-130 in part C my wife needs to fill in my address. Is this the adress i'm currently staying at in the states, her parents place, or is it my official residence in Belgium, Europe?

Similarly, on the G-325A asks for 'Applicant's residence last five years. List present address first." Present adress is this my official residence in Belgium or my current adress in the states?

Lastly, on the I-864 two household members, my wife's parents will cosponsor. Question 24b wants me to list the individual household members and their individual current income.

Now for current income can i just use the gross total income on the 2007 tax forms or do I need to make an estimate based on current pay stubs?

Secondly my wife's parents file a joint tax return. So i don't have an individual total gross income. I researched this on this messageboard and apparently you can use the W-2's to prove each separate individual gross income. Can i use the income stated on my father- and mother-in-law's W-2 on the form even though that doesn't quite equal the gross total income on the jointly filed tax return? I just want to fill in the right numbers.

thanks for the help,

W

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to send out my I-130/I-485 bundle and I,ve bumped into some question marks. First off, i came here (USA) on a visa waiver, married my gf and i'm now filing for an adjustment of status.

On the I-130 in part C my wife needs to fill in my address. Is this the adress i'm currently staying at in the states, her parents place, or is it my official residence in Belgium, Europe?

The I-130 is filed if you are currently in the U.S, so put your address here with your wife.

Similarly, on the G-325A asks for 'Applicant's residence last five years. List present address first." Present adress is this my official residence in Belgium or my current adress in the states?

Present address is where you are now - followed by your address in Belgium.

Lastly, on the I-864 two household members, my wife's parents will cosponsor. Question 24b wants me to list the individual household members and their individual current income.

Now for current income can i just use the gross total income on the 2007 tax forms or do I need to make an estimate based on current pay stubs?

Someone else will answer this correctly...

Secondly my wife's parents file a joint tax return. So i don't have an individual total gross income. I researched this on this messageboard and apparently you can use the W-2's to prove each separate individual gross income. Can i use the income stated on my father- and mother-in-law's W-2 on the form even though that doesn't quite equal the gross total income on the jointly filed tax return? I just want to fill in the right numbers.

Again, someone else is better qualified than I am to answer...

thanks for the help,

W

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Filed: Other Timeline

thanks for all the help.

One financial problem we've run into now is that the I-864 and the I-864A are asking documents of the most recent tax year. That would be 2008 but my sponsors have not filed taxes yet for 2008. All i have is tax forms for 2005, 2006 and 2007 and pay stubs for the last 6 months.

Can i just file these or do i have to wait until we get the 2008 tax return forms and then file it with those? That would lengthen my overstay considerably.

thanks for all the help,

W

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Did you ever get an answer to this because I have the same question? thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.