Walt and Shannon

Cancelling interview and getting new date

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I spent a week with my fiance in the States and then flew in to Montreal last night. I did a really stupid thing and checked all my documents. I took for granted the fact that I have never lost any baggage. I also didn't want to carry the huge x-ray envelope around with me in the airport and on the plane.

Now my baggage is 'delayed'. They assured me last night that my baggage would be here today. The website is useless - it keeps telling me that they are processing my request. Fortunately I got a person on the phone who was able to find out exactly where my stuff is. The one suitcase (NOT containing the documents) supposedly is in Montreal right now and they are checking on the other one. I have been a mess all last night/this morning. Of all the times for this to happen. I feel really stupid and wish I would have just carried around all my stuff with me.

I've called the baggage claim several times and they tell me the same thing - they "think" it should be here today but cannot guarantee it.

In the event my luggage doesn't show up in time (interview is tomorrow @ 8:30 am) how do I go about rescheduling the interview? I found a number 514-398-9695. I am just sick about it. Anyone else had to cancel and reschedule?

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL (transfered to California)

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-09-25

NOA Date : 2009-09-30

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Approved Date : 2009-11-17

Date Card Received : 2009-11-20

Advance Parole

RFE(s) :

Date Received : 2009-11-10

axdob4uy4.png

Timeline

I only wish it was just the x-ray. Everything is in there. I'm screwed if it doesn't show up. I'm here until Tuesday.

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Advance Parole

RFE(s) :

axdob4uy4.png

I would still go. Explain the situation, see if you can get and "open appt" - for you to come back when you have documents. You don't want to be a "no-show".

And hopefully you will learn that all important/valuable documents/things should be carried on.

Good Luck!!

Yes, I would go to the interview and explain to them what happened. Especially since you are past your four month point. Don't rely on them getting your luggage. We just got my honey's bag, he flew united, was suppose to be here on Dec 23 didn't get here till Dec 24th, luggage didn't show till Dec 31. They kept telling us 24hrs, 24 hrs. Good luck.

Edited by Wis-Can

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for all your responses. My fiance called me about 11 pm and I started crying, saying I hadn't got my bags yet. He suggested I go to the airport. It would be a $80 fair for both ways but I did it, completely forgetting my baggage tags. I went there not knowing the heck what I was doing, and still a little under the influence of a couple glasses of wine from dinner. Anyway, United and Air Canada were NO help - they said they were busy and couldn't retreive my bags. So I pleaded my case to a customs officer and he was suprisingly human and easy going. He said without my claim number he couldn't give me my luggage but I begged him to take me back. He said I had 5 minutes to spot my luggage which I did in 2 minutes. We cleared it up with the airline and he sent me on my way. Needless to say I was ecstatic. He told me he could tell I was about to lose it and that's why he let me back :innocent:

It's just like me to squeak out of an emergency at the 11th hour. Yes, it was an important lesson to me. I can't understand why the airline associates wouldn't have just suggested I go to the airport to reclaim my luggage instead of assuring me they put it on 'priority' and would contact me as soon as possible? There were several others doing the same?

Thank God! I never thought it would feel so good to have these beat up black bags back at my side. I'll keep you posted on the interview.

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Advance Parole

RFE(s) :

axdob4uy4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.