Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba

Hi to everyone a happy new year 2009.

I married Yamile on November 25, 2008. Her k-1 visa will expire on Jan 9,2009. The problem we have is that so far I have not been able to get the certificate of marriage. I have been going to the Registry Department but so far the certificate is not ready. Since our ninet days will expire soon I am very worry about not filing under the 90 days term.

Does anyone knows if I can request a time extension if we don't get the marriage certificate this coming week.

Also for cuban filers do we have to file the parole form under the K-1 visa.

I am filing I-485, the working permit, but I don't think we can file form I-131 or the Parole form. Please advice.


jordan soto

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

You need to marry within the 90 days, but can file the I-485 outside the 90 days of the I-94 card.

Many have to file outside the 90 days due to reasons just like yours.

FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.1

And you can file I-131 for an AP, many do when filing the I-485, this is a benefit allowed to all adjusting status, and is needed in case you wish to travel out of the USA while AOS is pending.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...