taj'samericanwife

NSO OR CIVIL REGISTRAR COPY

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello people of the philippines...what did your USC spouses send for the I 130? a copy of the NSO marriage certificate or the one from the local civil registry? if i photocopy the original NSO copy...it wont be very clear? or should i just send the original NSO marriage certificate...its easy to get another copy anyway from NSO in the philippines right?

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

hello people of the philippines...what did your USC spouses send for the I 130? a copy of the NSO marriage certificate or the one from the local civil registry? if i photocopy the original NSO copy...it wont be very clear? or should i just send the original NSO marriage certificate...its easy to get another copy anyway from NSO in the philippines right?

Copy of NSO with the I-130, original NSO for NVC and interview.

Better the authenticated one from the NSO office. Also you can request for another copy if you need it coz you said it is not clear when photocopied.

Claudeth told me NSO is the place to go.

Hey, I am a poet but don't know it but my feet show it..................

They are Longfellows :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

yeah ill just send the original NSO's...good thing I got 2 copies...and my husband and my mom have a copy for them too! MISS THE PHILIPPINES SO MUCH...SO FREAKIN COLD HERE

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanna share my case. I have my NSO authenticated birth certificate and that is the copy I brought for my interview but the lady who collected the documents asked for a copy of my BC from the local civil registry. She said the copy from the NSO is not clear.

They gave me the white paper for additional documents because of that. So the approval of my Visa was delayed. If you can bring both, its much more better.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Just to clarify things, documents obtained from the NSO are certified true copies of civil registry documents. All civil records up to 1945 are forwarded to the NSO for central archiving purposes. The specific department that handles this is:

CIVIL REGISTRATION

DEPARTMENT (CRD)

LOURDES J. HUFANA

Director

3rd Floor, Vibal Building

Times Street corner EDSA

West Triangle, Quezon City 1100

Tel.: (02) 926-73-33

Fax: (02) 926-73-29

E-mail: L.Hufana@census.gov.ph

To obtain copies of civil records from the NSO, you may go to any of the service centers nationwide.

http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/csc_location.html

Or you may order online at

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

or order through the NSO hotline at +63 (2) 737-1111

Other info you may find useful:

NSO: HOW TO OBTAIN COPIES/CERTIFICATIONS OF BIRTH, MARRIAGE & DEATH from Statistics Office (Updated Mar 2007)

HOW TO REQUEST FOR COPIES/CERTIFICATIONS FROM NSO

* Type of certifications obtainable from the Office of the Civil Registrar General (OCRG)

Various certifications can be obtained from the OCRG. These include, among others, certifications for:

1. Birth

2. Death

3. Marriage

4. Adoption

5. Legitimation

6. Dissolution of Marriage

7. Record of No Marriage

* How to obtain certifications

1. In Person:

Applications made in person or by a representative will be received at the East Avenue office located at:

National Statistics Office

East Avenue (in front of SSS)

Quezon City

Documents* applied at the East Avenue office will be released at the EDSA office located at:

EDSA corner Times St.

West Triangle, Quezon City 1104

Vicinity map for the application and releasing areas: http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/crd_transfer.html

*NOTE: Results of authentication requests are issued at the East Avenue office.

2. By Postal Service System

Please address all communications to:

The Civil Registrar General

P.O. Box 779, Manila

Philippines

3. You may request for your documents through: NSO Helpline : (63) 2 7371111

4. Online Application

Visit the e-Census website at http://www.e-census.com.ph.

NOTE: If the request is done through conventional postal service system or through e-mail, the certification shall be sent to the requesting party through conventional postal service system.

* Information to be provided

1. Birth

The interested party shall provide the following information to facilitate verification and issuance of certification.

1. Birth Complete name of the child (first, middle, last)

2. Complete name of the father

3. Complete maiden name of the mother

4. Date of birth (month, day, year)

5. Place of birth (city/municipality, province)

6. Whether or not registered late.

If registered late, please state the year when it was registered.

7. Complete name and address of the requesting party

8. Relationship to the child

9. Number of copies needed

10. Purpose of the certification

NOTE: ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATION OF BIRTH IS SUBJECT TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE OF ARTICLE 7 OF THE CHILD AND YOUTH WELFARE CODE WHICH PROVIDES:

Art. 7. Non-disclosure of birth records. – The records of a person’s birth shall be kept strictly confidential and no information relating thereto shall be issued except on the request of any of the following:

1. The person himself, or any person authorized by him;

2. His spouse, his parent or parents, his direct descendants, or the guardian or institution legally incharge of him, if he is a minor;

3. The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other official proceedings to determine the identity of the child’s parents or other circumstances surrounding his birth; and

4. In case of the person’s death, the nearest of kin.

Any person violating the prohibition shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of at least two months or a fine in an amount not exceeding five hundred pesos, or both, in the discretion of the court.

2. Death

1. Complete name of the deceased person

2. Date of death

3. Place of death

4. Complete name and address of the requesting party

5. Number of copies needed

6. For what purpose the certification shall be used

3. Marriage

1. Complete name of the husband

2. Complete name of the wife

3. Date of marriage

4. Place of marriage

5. Complete name and address of the requesting party

6. Number of copies needed

7. Purpose for the certification

4. Adoption

o Information about the child prior to adoption:

1. Complete name of the child

4. Date of birth

5. Place of birth

o Information after adoption:

1. Amended name of the child

2. Complete name of the adopting father, his occupation, religion and age at the time of adoption

3. Complete name of the adopting mother, her occupation, religion, and age at the time of adoption

4. Date when adoption decree was issued

5. Date when adoption decree became final and executory

6. Name of the court and the judge that issued the decree

7. Complete name and address of the requesting party

8. Number of copies needed

9. Purpose for the certification

NOTE: THE ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATION ON ADOPTION IS SUBJECT TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE OF SECTION 15 OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 8552 WHICH PROVIDES:

"Section 15. Confidential Nature of Proceedings and Records. – All hearings in adoption cases shall be confidential and shall not be open to the public. All records, books, and papers relating to the adoption cases in the files of the court, the Department (of Social Welfare and Development), or any other agency or institution participating in the adoption proceedings shall be kept strictly confidential.

If the court finds that the disclosure of the information to a third person is necessary for purposes connected with or arising out of the adoption and will be for the best interest of the adoptee, the court may merit the necessary information to be released, restricting the purposes for which it may be used."

5. Legitimation

1. Complete name of the child

3. Complete name of the mother

4. Date of birth

5. Place of birth

6. Date of marriage of parents

7. Place of marriage of parents

8. Date when the affidavit of legitimation was executed

9. Date when the affidavit of legitimation was registered

10. Complete name and address of the requesting party

11. Number of copies needed

12. Purpose for the certification

6. Dissolution of Marriage

1. Complete name of the husband

2. Complete maiden name of the wife

3. Date of marriage

4. Place of marriage

5. Name of the court and the judge that issued the decree dissolving the marriage or declaring marriage void

6. Address of the court

7. Date when the decision was issued

8. Date when the decision became final and executory

9. Date when the decision was recorded in the civil register

10. Complete name and address of the requesting party

11. Purpose for the certification

7. No Record of Marriage

1. Complete name of the person

4. Date of birth

5. Place of birth

6. Complete name and address of the requesting party

7. Number or copies needed

8. Purpose for the certification

8. Others

For certifications other than those described in this page, please specify the nature or contents of the certification.

* Payment Details

o Refer to the posted fees for the payment details of applications received at the East Avenue Office. The amount is to be paid to the collecting officers.

o The fee for applications received from the post and whose results will be delivered via postal mail to any part of the Philippines is PhP 50.00 per copy. The amount is to be remitted by means of check or postal money order payable to the NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE.

o Refer to http://www.e-census.com.ph for the payment details of documents requested through the e-Census and to be delivered to a local address.

o All requests for documents that will be delivered to an address outside of the Philippines, whether applied through the postal service or the e-Census, are charged US$15 per copy. The total amount for the request should be remitted by means of telegraphic transfer. The amount already covers the mailing charges.

Refer to http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/ocrgrevfees.html for specific the fee per request. For more information, send mail to: L.Hufana@mail.census.gov.ph.

* Processing Period

o Processing period normally takes about 14 working days.

o Requests made through conventional postal service system are processed upon the receipt of payment. Since delivery of the document(s) is by conventional mail, the documents may reach the recipient several days after the processing period.

o For the requests made on-line through the e-census, refer to http://www.e-census.com.ph for the delivery details.

o However, for the Certificate of No Marriage Record, the minimum processing period is approximately 20 working days counted from the date of receipt of the application. The period could be longer if the surname of the subject person is common such as Aquino, Ferrer, Cruz, De Guzman, and others.

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

Legitimation by Subsequent Marriage

1. Secure the following documents from the City/Municipal Civil Registrar’s Office (C/MCR) where the birth of the child was recorded:

1. Affidavit of paternity/acknowledge-ment (Certified Photocopy/Xerox Copy)

2. Joint affidavit of legitimation

3. Certification of registration of legal instrument

4. Certified true copy of birth certificate with remarks/annotation based on the legitimation by subsequent marriage.

2. Verify the original birth certificate at the National Statistics Office (NSO). If negative result, secure it from C/MCR Office where the child was originally registered. (Certified Photocopy).

3. Verify the marriage contract of parents at NSO. If negative result, secure it from C/MCR Office where the marriage was solemnized. (certified true copy)

Adoption

1. Register court decree of adoption at the City/Municipal Civil Registrar’s (C/MCR) Office where the Court is functioning. Secure certified true copy of the adoption decree.

2. Secure certification of registration of the decree from the C/MCR Office stated in no. 1.

3. Secure certification of finality from the court which rendered the decision.

4. Secure certified true copy of the Amended Birth Certificate from the C/MCR Office where birth is registered.

5. Verify the original birth certificate from NSO file. If NSO does not have the copy of the birth certificate, the original birth certificate must be endorsed (officially transmitted) to NSO by the C/MCR where birth is registered.

6. Fill up application form for amended birth certificate.

Annulment of Marriage

1. Register court decree of annulment in the City/Municipal Civil Registrar’s (C/MCR) Office where the court is functioning. Secure certified true copy of the court decree from same office.

2. Secure certification of registration of the court decree from C/MCR Office stated in no. 1.

3. Secure certification of finality from the court which rendered the decree.

4. Secure certified true copy of the marriage contract from C/MCR Office where marriage is registered with remarks/annotations based on the Court Decree of Annulment.

5. Verify the marriage contract from NSO file. If NSO has no file, your marriage contract has to be endorsed (officially transmitted) to NSO by the C/MCR Office where marriage was registered.

MORE INFO

* User Fees Collected

* Locations of Civil Registry Services

* Applying for correction of entries

1. Cases covered by RA 9048 (Primer for Republic Act 9048)

2. Cases not covered by RA 9048

* SC rules in favor of OCRG-issued civil registry document (.pdf file)

VISIT LINKS FOR MORE & UPDATED INFO

FAQs http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/civprocfaq.html

For more questions on Civil Registration, check out http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/index.html.

Timeline

so i'm sending the yellow paper from NSO okay?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Timeline

what do you mean less than two months old? i got these copies before i came to the United States...whihc was in july 2007 pa? the NSO certificates have expiration dates on them?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

what do you mean less than two months old? i got these copies before i came to the United States...whihc was in july 2007 pa? the NSO certificates have expiration dates on them?

Though there are no expiry dates on birth and marriage certificates, the US Embassy is quite finicky on these for whatever reason. Also, they are very finicky on the dates of your CENMAR/CENOMAR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.