mario_mallini

cfo cebu philippines

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i mailed k1 packet dec 29 girlfriend wants to get passport she told them for fiance visa they tell her she needs proof of singleness please help what is proof of singleness for a u.s. citzen thanks mario

i mailed k1 packet dec 29 girlfriend wants to get passport she told them for fiance visa they tell her she needs proof of singleness please help what is proof of singleness for a u.s. citzen thanks mario

Exact same thing happened to a friend of mine in Cebu. She went back a couple days later and they didn't ask for it!

There's really no proof of singleness in the US for US citizens!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i applied for my passport in cebu someone prepared the application for me. i just went there for appearance. what she did, she just told them that, i need passport for travel purposes... not specifically fiance because they will ask u to attend the cfo seminar first and they will ask some documents etc. etc....(she can attend cfo if she get her visa)

but, if she was already ask for proof of singleness, that is CENOMAR. she can request a copy in NSO.

Edited by stevent

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Timeline

my girlfriend told me they tell her proof of singlness form for me i told her no such thing but for her know problem i am not ure what to do

my girlfriend told me they tell her proof of singlness form for me i told her no such thing but for her know problem i am not ure what to do

Did CFO ask for it or DFA. In my friends case it was CFO.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Maybe it is a legal capacity, you can get that at consular office of america at Waterfront Lahug. It needs only legal capacity if you get married there. The judge asked me to get a legal capacity if we get married there in Cebu.

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mbc to pi regional as this would fit best there.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

When my wife did the CFO, they wanted both my divorce decree and a copy of the legal capacity to marry issued by the US Embassy. It sounds to me like they are confused and want the legal capacity to marry but thats not required in your case because you arent marrying in the Philippines.

From my experience the CFO can really turn into a pain. We ended up going there several times before they approved her.

The suggestion that she waits a few days and then goes back and explains to a hopefully new counsuler seems like the best option

Timeline

she should have said just plainly "for travel" when she got the passport. well obviously thats why we need passports but to say for fiance visa would make things complicated.

over here, proof of singleness would be the CErtificate of NO MARriage. thus CENOMAR.

as what i heard in one case... in the us, it would probably be your divorce decree or a court paper saying you have never been married and such paper is issued for USCIS requirement or fiance visa.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Your gf need to get to NSO and apply for that documents stating she was never married before. It takes a week or so to get it back from NSO. I am born in the Philippines and grew up in the US but when I have to apply to get wed in the PHILIPPINES, we have to show a proof that we both are singles. I think we pay Php 1000.00

But for A US citizen, there is no proof of singleness. We don't track who is single.

Edited by Carlos and Jocel

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Reason for passport is basically for travel. She could tell that she needs the passport for travel to america to visit a relative.

She wont be lying if she mentioned US since she would eventually be going to the US after her K1 visa is approved. After your marriage, you as her husband would be her relative in the US. :whistle:

No need to mentioned K1 visa or fiancee visa as purpose of passport application.

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

When my wife, then finance called CFO in Cebu asking what she needed to bring, she was told the same thing. I told her there is no such document in the US. when she was asked for the document at the seminar, she told them she is no document for that in USA. she had no problem.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

FRANKSONB was right, I went to consulate in the waterfront cause I need to show them proof of some singleness. I told them that in the USA there is no way of finding if the person is single or not, such record or documents doesnt exist. But in Philippines, eventhough I was from USA I still have to get a CFO, stating that I was never married in the Philippines before, I tried to cover all aspects of paperwork so it wont delay my processing for Visa. I took CEMONAR because we got married in used to be called Cafe Orchidia. Then all

the paperworks done. Anyway... the embassy or consulate knows it doenst exist so no need to worried about it.

Edited by Carlos and Jocel

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: Timeline

hi,

Your girlfriend can get certification of singleness from NSO office .... certificate of no marriage or CENOMAR. You can order it by just calling at NSO or get it personally. I suggest not to mention that she is getting passport for fiance visa since the DFA will not allow your girlfriend application without the CFO certificate seminar first. She can filled up the form by stating for future travel purposes (outside country).

If she never been married a CENOMAR will do. Good luck to your girlfriend visa journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.