maliciant

Scheduling the interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just found out my case number from NVC and well... can I schedule the interview NOW or do I have to wait until the physical package is received at the embassy (the operator told me it will ship today)?

If I can schedule the interview now... does anyone know when the heck the embassy is open enough to do that? I know right now it's about 1 AM new years day so I assume I can't do anything today... but uh... how about on the 2nd of jan (friday) manila time?

I'm itching to get this interview date set, the sooner it's set I assume the sooner the interview itself will likely be... but also once I know the date I can actually schedule my trip (I want to be there for the interview, even if they don't let me in... and ideally I want to be able to fly back to america with her... I originally really just wanted to be able to accompany her on her first plane ride/first international trip/first visit to america since that's a little overwhelming but it seems like a very good idea to be at the embassy for her interview too... so praying for a two for one special hehe). Anyway, can anyone tell me when I can call to set an appointment? I'm assuming that I need to call during working hours in manila even though I'd call the US 888 number?

I just found out my case number from NVC and well... can I schedule the interview NOW or do I have to wait until the physical package is received at the embassy (the operator told me it will ship today)?

If I can schedule the interview now... does anyone know when the heck the embassy is open enough to do that? I know right now it's about 1 AM new years day so I assume I can't do anything today... but uh... how about on the 2nd of jan (friday) manila time?

I'm itching to get this interview date set, the sooner it's set I assume the sooner the interview itself will likely be... but also once I know the date I can actually schedule my trip (I want to be there for the interview, even if they don't let me in... and ideally I want to be able to fly back to america with her... I originally really just wanted to be able to accompany her on her first plane ride/first international trip/first visit to america since that's a little overwhelming but it seems like a very good idea to be at the embassy for her interview too... so praying for a two for one special hehe). Anyway, can anyone tell me when I can call to set an appointment? I'm assuming that I need to call during working hours in manila even though I'd call the US 888 number?

Hi, there ! Happy New Year. I guess they will be open on Jan.5 since the holiday was extended until Jan.2, offices will resume on Jan.5. .You can try calling US Consulate Manila after 3-5 days from the date you got your MNL case number, to be sure your physical file is here in Manila. You can purchase a PIN for US Citizen, like my fiance did. It is okay to call US Embassy around 8am you can easily contact their call center, be ready all the information about you fiance, they will asks for it, so you won`t have hard time getting it......You can call them 8am- 6pm. Good luck and Happy New Year...Wish you all the luck for that interview date.! God speed!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I tried to call as well, and the automated service said it was a holiday. So the soonest will probably be on Jan 5 that we can schedule the interview. Anyway, Marian is going to go for her medical on Jan 12 and 13. She is going to be staying at a hotel near SLEC.

So where and how do you purchase the PIN?

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

Yes I tried to call as well, and the automated service said it was a holiday. So the soonest will probably be on Jan 5 that we can schedule the interview. Anyway, Marian is going to go for her medical on Jan 12 and 13. She is going to be staying at a hotel near SLEC.

So where and how do you purchase the PIN?

For the K1,K2,K3,K4 Visa please click the link below for the US Embassy website in Manila, Philippines. It shows the instruction how to call for Visa interview appointment. Good luck and Happy New Year to everyone!

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

dont forget that she need to have a medical exam first before the interview..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Timeline

The medical is the easy part... pick a day... show up early! (plus bring all the required docs)

I'm more worried about setting the interview, since I expect it to be a month from whenever the interview date is requested, in that month there will be plenty of chances to go to the medical. I'm hoping that besides the extra delay in scheduling an interview (because they simply aren't there to schedule) we may be looking at a bit of an extra backlog as a result of them not being there for the holidays in general. I'm hating these holidays (well, mostly the combined holidays the embassy takes, I'm all for the holidays I personally get off!), I want to move on to the next step...

I don't know when my fiancee will do the medical, she won't have her passport until the 8th so it'll have to be after the 8th, is anyone aware of any days that tend to be lower number of people like wednesday or anything? It'd seem most people would want to go early or late in the week since they most likely have to get time off from work to do the medical.

The medical is the easy part... pick a day... show up early! (plus bring all the required docs)

I'm more worried about setting the interview, since I expect it to be a month from whenever the interview date is requested, in that month there will be plenty of chances to go to the medical. I'm hoping that besides the extra delay in scheduling an interview (because they simply aren't there to schedule) we may be looking at a bit of an extra backlog as a result of them not being there for the holidays in general. I'm hating these holidays (well, mostly the combined holidays the embassy takes, I'm all for the holidays I personally get off!), I want to move on to the next step...

I don't know when my fiancee will do the medical, she won't have her passport until the 8th so it'll have to be after the 8th, is anyone aware of any days that tend to be lower number of people like wednesday or anything? It'd seem most people would want to go early or late in the week since they most likely have to get time off from work to do the medical.

try tuesday or wednesday..tell her to go in the afternoon coz its much faster...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

Timeline

Happy New Year and good luck with your medical and interview.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

The afternoon? Everyone says get there early and seems like I saw something like they will only accept 150 a day and that the first day tends to take most of the day?

me and my vj friends went there at about 2pm and we were done 2 hrs after..it is always full in the morning..many vj members told us to do just that and its proven..

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

Filed: Timeline

When you say "she won't have her passport until the 8th", what do you mean? Is this a new passport being issued? As I look at the instructions, you must bring to the interview a passport that has been "valid for at least six months". I always thought that meant you can't use new passports, they need to be issued for at least six months. I could be wrong???

Timeline
When you say "she won't have her passport until the 8th", what do you mean? Is this a new passport being issued? As I look at the instructions, you must bring to the interview a passport that has been "valid for at least six months". I always thought that meant you can't use new passports, they need to be issued for at least six months. I could be wrong???

She is applying for a passport, it's her first. The passport has to be valid for at least 6 months IN THE FUTURE, it's a fairly common requirement, I think to travel to the philippines it's also said your passport must be valid for 6 months (after your arrival). Passports are generally valid for about 10 years... but apparently the last 6 months of the 10 years it's a paperweight or something....

If you are right and I'm wrong... OUCH...

Also to clarify it says that the passport is a requirement at the interview but it seems everyone usually hands over the passport during the medical and it along with the medical results are forwarded to the embassy (with exceptions made for people who do the medical days before the interview).

People's experiences often differ from the documentation, I love it when people post in a canned response with a link to some site that doesn't answer the specific questions or the official documentation differs from what people report consistantly in the forums (usually followed by threads about how people don't read the instructions!!!... people don't read the questions either!!!... end of random rant)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
She is applying for a passport, it's her first. The passport has to be valid for at least 6 months IN THE FUTURE, it's a fairly common requirement, I think to travel to the philippines it's also said your passport must be valid for 6 months (after your arrival). Passports are generally valid for about 10 years... but apparently the last 6 months of the 10 years it's a paperweight or something....

not a paperweight but simply cannot have a newly issued visa attached to it.... it is still valid in all other respects....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.