soch

AOS approved....BUT I 90 submitted!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi VJ

We are writing to see if anyone has experienced the same...

Our AOS was approved June 21, 2008... the welcome letter was sent to our old address, even though we submitted the change of address paperwork in a timely fashion. Well, after months of not receiving the GC because we were told we had to wait, we finally were told to submit an I 90 form. We submitted it on Oct. 3rd 2008 however we still have nothing in hand, no receipt notice for the I 90, nothing! After calling yesterday, 12/30 we were told that I 90 "b" or "d" forms do NOT get receipt notices sent. And that we need to wait 6 months after submission of the I 90 to call back. INCREDIBLE, since this was at no fault of ours.

Question, has anyone experienced the same? Do I 90 forms really have no receipt notices sent for tracking? And has anyone heard of this 6 month waiting period? We just want to make sure we recieved the correct information before calling again.

Thanks so much for your help.

Soch

5/14/07 Mailed K1 VSC

10/19/07 APPROVED on 10/15

10/26/07 Packet 3 rec'd

10/29/07 Packet 3 sent

11/14/07 Interview (I am off to Germany 11/9)

11/30/07 VISA rec'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/25/07 POE JFK

1/25/08 Wedding day

2/11/08 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

3/13/08 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

04/04/08 Biometrics for AOS/EAD

04/15/08 EMAIL APPROVED EAD & AP

4/24/08 Receiveed EAD card in the Mail

6/16/08 Email AOS: Welcome notice mailed

6/23/08 Email AOS: Approval Notice Sent

April 2009 FINALLY received card!

3/11/10 Sent I 751

3/19/10 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Hi VJ

We are writing to see if anyone has experienced the same...

Our AOS was approved June 21, 2008... the welcome letter was sent to our old address, even though we submitted the change of address paperwork in a timely fashion. Well, after months of not receiving the GC because we were told we had to wait, we finally were told to submit an I 90 form. We submitted it on Oct. 3rd 2008 however we still have nothing in hand, no receipt notice for the I 90, nothing! After calling yesterday, 12/30 we were told that I 90 "b" or "d" forms do NOT get receipt notices sent. And that we need to wait 6 months after submission of the I 90 to call back. INCREDIBLE, since this was at no fault of ours.

Question, has anyone experienced the same? Do I 90 forms really have no receipt notices sent for tracking? And has anyone heard of this 6 month waiting period? We just want to make sure we recieved the correct information before calling again.

Thanks so much for your help.

Soch

Did you have to pay a fee for the lost greencard? I would make a infopass appointment online and get to bottom of this good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.