Hanshi

Waiting for NOA1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Due to the holiday season, perhaps I am being a little over anxious.

However we sent our K1 application at the end of Nov and the check was cashed Dec 2nd. Yet we havent recieved our NOA1 yet.

To make matters worse, my fince used a bank account that does not allow you to see both sides of a cashed check online !!! Never been an issue before but obviously is now LOL

I have been looking at other peoples timelines to see if there has been a general delay in proceedings, but I dont spot any trends.

Any advice from you experienced campaigners ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

However we sent our K1 application at the end of Nov and the check was cashed Dec 2nd. Yet we havent recieved our NOA1 yet.

To make matters worse, my fince used a bank account that does not allow you to see both sides of a cashed check online !!! Never been an issue before but obviously is now LOL

I have been looking at other peoples timelines to see if there has been a general delay in proceedings, but I dont spot any trends.

Hi,

My name is Nuch. My Fiance is an American and I am Thai. Anyway, we are still waiting for Noa1 hard copy too. My fiance sent the K1 application on Nov 26,2008 and now we still don't receive the Noa 1 hard copy yet. The USCIS already cashed our check on Dec 1,2008. Otherwise, we are able to check our case online because we found the receipt number at our online bank account. If you send your personal check , you should be able to have the receipt number at your bank account and then find the 13 number which is included 3 english alphbet on front. Once we checked our case at USCIS.gov , there said they received and mail the notice on Dec1,2008. But I don't think sent it yet or it might lost somewhere.... Yesturday,My Fiance also called the USCIS to ask them to send us the hard copy , they said we have to wait for 30 days (counting from the day that receive the document) and then call them again. They said they can't do anything if it is not after 30 days. My fiance will call again on Jan 2,2009. If I have any update, I will let you know.

:unsure:

Edited by NCThai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The hardcopy I-797 (NOA1) isn't quite as important as the NOA2, which you will need when filing for adjustment. It's common enough for people not to receive them... but it is nice to have. :)

welcome and good luck on your journey.

moving this to filing and progress reports

timeline.jpg

I know about being anxious. My check was cashed the same week as yours but it took me a while to find out about my NOA1, thanks to my Lawyer. Who didn't notify me about the letter, thinking i was going to get my copy from uscis. :wacko:

Anyways just try not to worry too much. Hey atleast they have cashed your check, so you know they got your package. Maybe you can try calling the bank and asked them to give you the receipt # behind the check.

Hang tight, wishing you all the best on your journey. :star:

My AOS Timeline

I-751

01/17/12: Mailed priority with delivery conf.

01/20/12: Arrived Vermont service center

01/24/12: Check Cashed.....yippeee

01/26/12: Received NOA in the mail

02/14/12: ASC APPOINTMENT NOTICE

03/08/12: Biometrics appointment date

01/10/12: 10 year green card in the mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck guys I hope you get your noa1's soon, but most important is you know they cased you checks, that means they processed you case into there system. Waiting is tuff and not knowing whats going on during the wait is tuffer.

Best of Luck to you and Happy New Year

We wish you a fast journey on your applications.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.