web_62000

LPR Petetion Family Member

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I 824 Form , I just received fee bill but not for your child. I have already requested that the fee bill for the child be sent to us as well and shall await receipt of this bill from them.

I 824 Form for me and to my daughter

Reading this post seems to me that your son is in the military. He will be eligible to become a USC after 3 years of service. Why not have him petition for you then.

Just my 2c.

Son, when he becomes a USC, can apply for Dad as an Immediate Relative. However, USC Son petitioning for Filipino sister will take 23 years. Best route is for Mom to file separately for Dad and daughter.

The OP's situation is unclear to me. His wife either filed one I-130 application for him (and not their daughter) or he is following based on his wife's employment visa. Either way, his wife needs to file for their daughter to protect her. She will benefit from the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). Wife can upgrade the applications when she becomes a USC. If the application is redundant, then it only cost money. If the application is necessary, then daughter has an opportunity to immigrate to the US.

Web62000, you need to see an immigration lawyer.

What form(s) did your wife file?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Reading this post seems to me that your son is in the military. He will be eligible to become a USC after 3 years of service. Why not have him petition for you then.

Just my 2c.

Son, when he becomes a USC, can apply for Dad as an Immediate Relative. However, USC Son petitioning for Filipino sister will take 23 years. Best route is for Mom to file separately for Dad and daughter.

The OP's situation is unclear to me. His wife either filed one I-130 application for him (and not their daughter) or he is following based on his wife's employment visa. Either way, his wife needs to file for their daughter to protect her. She will benefit from the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). Wife can upgrade the applications when she becomes a USC. If the application is redundant, then it only cost money. If the application is necessary, then daughter has an opportunity to immigrate to the US.

I should have clearer in my post.

I was suggesting keeping the current application for dad and daughter with wife as the sponsor.

But if the son becomes a USC and if this route is faster; the son could apply for the father. The daughter would remain with the wife's application.

As Aaron2020 the situation is unclear to me.

Maybe you could give us more details. Or as Aoron2020 see an immigration lawyer.

AOS Timeline (from F-1)

12/30/08 Mailed AOS/I-130/EAD packet to Chicago

12/31/08 USPS reports package delivered at 11:08AM, signed by JB

01/07/09 Check for I-485 cashed

01/07/09 I-485, I-130, EAD touched

01/08/09 Checks for Biometrics and I-130 cashed

01/10/09 NOA1 for I-485, I-130 and EAD received (NOAs dated: 01/06/09)

01/14/09 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 01/09/2009. Appointment date 01/23/2009 (DAY 15)

01/20/09 Biometrics completed. (Walk-in)

01/21/09 Touch (I-485/I-130/EAD)

03/20/09 Received Interview notification for May 6th (NOA2 dated: 03/13/09)

05/06/09 Interview **Approved**

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just my 2c.

I should have clearer in my post.

I was suggesting keeping the current application for dad and daughter with wife as the sponsor.

But if the son becomes a USC and if this route is faster; the son could apply for the father. The daughter would remain with the wife's application.

As Aaron2020 the situation is unclear to me.

Maybe you could give us more details. Or as Aoron2020 see an immigration lawyer.

Thanks Dave your the best....

Filed: Timeline

OK, people, let's read this again:

My wife and my son became LPR for almost 1 years. As i understand she is under Employment Base 3rd, they used I 824 Form,then they rcvd notice form USCIS.

...She petition me and my daughter. Recently she rcvd I-797C, Notice of Action Form form USCIS....

and having in mind the very first post - approval of I-824 - it means web_6200 is under "follow-to-join". Don't know where all those long waiting times for an immigrant visa number and different combinations of who should sponsor who and when came from...

web_6200, you'll get a fee bill for your daughter in the matter of days... if your wife responds to NVC promptly, I say your and your daughter's interview for an immigrant visa will be within a few months. You plan to go through consular processing. So, it is important that you don't overstay in the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.