web_62000

LPR Petetion Family Member

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you received a Letter from USCIS :

The applicant has been approved. We have notified the consulate listed above that the applicant's status has been adjusted to that of a lawful permanent resident.[/b][/b]

Priority date : October 2006

What does it means to us? How many years do we need to wait?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Who is the LPR applying for? If it is saying Priority Date of OCT 2006 by knowing who you applied for it can help with how much longer you need to wait.

PLease provide a little more info

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

My wife is the one applying(Petitioner). She petition me and my daughter. Recently she rcvd I-797C, Notice of Action Form form USCIS....

Who is the LPR applying for? If it is saying Priority Date of OCT 2006 by knowing who you applied for it can help with how much longer you need to wait.

PLease provide a little more info

Timeline

Ok what this means is your petiton has been approved by the USCIS, however you must wait until a visa number is availavle, which currently they are working on visa's for LPR's who petioned their spouse and Child in May of 2004. If you were petitooned in 2008 whatever month you will need to keep an eye on the visa bulltin located here http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4406.html . You are considered category 2A and they are processing petions filed in May of 2004. How long before you wife can become a citizen? This may help to speed up the process by a year or 2 depending.

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Timeline

My wife and my son became LPR for almost 1 years. As i understand she is under Employment Base 3rd, they used I 824 Form,then they rcvd notice form USCIS.

Ok what this means is your petiton has been approved by the USCIS, however you must wait until a visa number is availavle, which currently they are working on visa's for LPR's who petioned their spouse and Child in May of 2004. If you were petitooned in 2008 whatever month you will need to keep an eye on the visa bulltin located here http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4406.html . You are considered category 2A and they are processing petions filed in May of 2004. How long before you wife can become a citizen? This may help to speed up the process by a year or 2 depending.

Timeline

Ok however you still have a wait of about 4 years either way. At least now that she has her GC she can go an visit you. Good Luck in the process.

More Complete Story here

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Timeline

Ok Thank you so much, I'm in the US at this moment. And waiting for my son completed his boot camp in marines.

Ok however you still have a wait of about 4 years either way. At least now that she has her GC she can go an visit you. Good Luck in the process.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

How old is your daughter? Did your wife apply for her separately from you? Currently you are in the F2a category (spouse and children under 21 years old of LPR). If your daughter turns 21 years old, she may have a longer wait than you.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

She is 16 years old, We where together in one application....Yes your correct if she turn 21 that an issue for sure...We will wait and see...

How old is your daughter? Did your wife apply for her separately from you? Currently you are in the F2a category (spouse and children under 21 years old of LPR). If your daughter turns 21 years old, she may have a longer wait than you.

Filed: Timeline
If you received a Letter from USCIS :

The applicant has been approved. We have notified the consulate listed above that the applicant's status has been adjusted to that of a lawful permanent resident.[/b][/b]

Priority date : October 2006

What does it means to us? How many years do we need to wait?

I understand your situation differently. You were included in a petition for your wife, and now that she became permanent resident, you may get visas (consulate) or adjust status (USA). The letter confirms that your wife became PR, and consulate is notified that they can continue with your case. That's why there was I-864 filed: Application for Action (to get visa for you) on an Approved Application (your wife's permanent residency).

Filed: Timeline

just to add - the info you got from the others would be true if your wife as PR petitioned for you and her daughter (which is what your heading suggests), but it could be that you are under "follow to join". I urge you to check that possibility as it would mean no extra wait for an immigrant visa number to become available to you.

She is 16 years old, We where together in one application....Yes your correct if she turn 21 that an issue for sure...We will wait and see...

She has to file SEPARATE I-130s for you and daughter

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Reading this post seems to me that your son is in the military. He will be eligible to become a USC after 3 years of service. Why not have him petition for you then.

Just my 2c.

AOS Timeline (from F-1)

12/30/08 Mailed AOS/I-130/EAD packet to Chicago

12/31/08 USPS reports package delivered at 11:08AM, signed by JB

01/07/09 Check for I-485 cashed

01/07/09 I-485, I-130, EAD touched

01/08/09 Checks for Biometrics and I-130 cashed

01/10/09 NOA1 for I-485, I-130 and EAD received (NOAs dated: 01/06/09)

01/14/09 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 01/09/2009. Appointment date 01/23/2009 (DAY 15)

01/20/09 Biometrics completed. (Walk-in)

01/21/09 Touch (I-485/I-130/EAD)

03/20/09 Received Interview notification for May 6th (NOA2 dated: 03/13/09)

05/06/09 Interview **Approved**

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Reading this post seems to me that your son is in the military. He will be eligible to become a USC after 3 years of service. Why not have him petition for you then.

Just my 2c.

Son, when he becomes a USC, can apply for Dad as an Immediate Relative. However, USC Son petitioning for Filipino sister will take 23 years. Best route is for Mom to file separately for Dad and daughter.

The OP's situation is unclear to me. His wife either filed one I-130 application for him (and not their daughter) or he is following based on his wife's employment visa. Either way, his wife needs to file for their daughter to protect her. She will benefit from the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). Wife can upgrade the applications when she becomes a USC. If the application is redundant, then it only cost money. If the application is necessary, then daughter has an opportunity to immigrate to the US.

Web62000, you need to see an immigration lawyer.

What form(s) did your wife file?

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

I 824 Form for me and to my daughter

Just my 2c.

Son, when he becomes a USC, can apply for Dad as an Immediate Relative. However, USC Son petitioning for Filipino sister will take 23 years. Best route is for Mom to file separately for Dad and daughter.

The OP's situation is unclear to me. His wife either filed one I-130 application for him (and not their daughter) or he is following based on his wife's employment visa. Either way, his wife needs to file for their daughter to protect her. She will benefit from the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). Wife can upgrade the applications when she becomes a USC. If the application is redundant, then it only cost money. If the application is necessary, then daughter has an opportunity to immigrate to the US.

Web62000, you need to see an immigration lawyer.

What form(s) did your wife file?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.