cicero

timing the N-400 application

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there is any danger to be called at an interview before you will have the 5-year period completed as a lawful permanent resident. Could your application be delayed or even rejected because of this situation?

In other words, would it be safer to wait 5 full years instead of applying for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the "continuous residence" requirement?

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there is any danger to be called at an interview before you will have the 5-year period completed as a lawful permanent resident. Could your application be delayed or even rejected because of this situation?

In other words, would it be safer to wait 5 full years instead of applying for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the "continuous residence" requirement?

Thank you.

there would be no harm or danger.

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree.

To start with, the rules state you are eligable to apply 90 days before the anniversary.

Seccondly, as things currently stand, it will take much more than 90 days to process your citizenship application - even in a best-case scenario.

Regards,

Jamie

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

there would be no harm or danger.

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

It will be o.k.

In most cases, it will take more than 90 days to have interviewed.

In my case, it was very closed to 5 years anniversary.

I think my 5 year anniversary date was Sep 23 or 24 something like that.

I didn't have any problem.

But then if that's the case, they will delay oath ceremony on or after 5 year anniversary date any way.

My oath ceremony was scheduled without delay since available oath ceremony date was after 5 year anniversary date.

Edited by moonhunt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.