Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, London sure were busy yesterday!

I posted my completed IV-15 on Thursday, but when I tracked it online last evening, it said it hadn't got there yet (which is dissapointing, I sent it first class!). I guess it won't be until Monday now (at the earliest) before someone at the embassy actually opens it. I wonder how long I should wait before calling DoS? Maybe next Friday?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Wow, London sure were busy yesterday!

I posted my completed IV-15 on Thursday, but when I tracked it online last evening, it said it hadn't got there yet (which is dissapointing, I sent it first class!). I guess it won't be until Monday now (at the earliest) before someone at the embassy actually opens it. I wonder how long I should wait before calling DoS? Maybe next Friday?

It will be a couple of weeks. My p3 arrived at the embassy on Oct 21st but they didn't "log" it until Nov 4th and then it was another 9 days before they scheduled interview so in total just over 3 weeks. Looking back now there was no point in calling DOS for the 1st week at least but I don't think that I could have not called. I hope they log you and schedule you very soon.

Amanda :)

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Timeline

Hello all my fellow VJ'rs :) I have wonderful news!!!! John's interview has been moved up successfully from originial date of 1-4-10 to 11-25-09 at 9 am!!! I received a reply to my email this morning at 6:07 am CST.

If anyone else needs to know about moving their interview date, you can call the Embassy and they will give you a code and direct email address to the consulate to request the change.

They noted in the email: "We have rescheduled the appointment for 25NOV at 09.00. Please ignore the appt letter for Jan.

Regards,

IV/Branch

London"

This is it!! Thank you for all your support and Prayers, We are now just 9 days away from our itnerview. God Speed!!

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
Hello all my fellow VJ'rs :) I have wonderful news!!!! John's interview has been moved up successfully from originial date of 1-4-10 to 11-25-09 at 9 am!!! I received a reply to my email this morning at 6:07 am CST.

If anyone else needs to know about moving their interview date, you can call the Embassy and they will give you a code and direct email address to the consulate to request the change.

They noted in the email: "We have rescheduled the appointment for 25NOV at 09.00. Please ignore the appt letter for Jan.

Regards,

IV/Branch

London"

This is it!! Thank you for all your support and Prayers, We are now just 9 days away from our itnerview. God Speed!!

That's wonderful news Wendy x x x

K1
12.21.09 wedding

AOS

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.20.13 Biometrics

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
tomsarah11, settler72, ealachan, embo123, Luke and Deanna

October 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
irakro97, siya, Britt and Duv, oliviawyatt, tinypyramids, Ian and Lisa, haleywynne, formakashic, mightymints, Cynthia&Simon

November 2009 Interviews
K-1........DIARD...........3rd Nov 2009 520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....Allie and Nigel..3rd Nov 2009 - Approved pending additional documents
K-1.....nickandkayte...5th Nov 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....gmjdmj...........24th Nov 2009
K-1...Wendy_n_John...25th Nov 2009
K-1.......noone1........30th Nov 2009

December 2009 Interviews
K-1....Amanda and Tony...1st Dec 2009
K-1....Jay&Jo..............3rd Dec 2009
K-1....roughsweet........4th Dec 2009
K-1....Jasmin&Travis.....7th Dec 2009

January 2010 Interviews

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing
SSS8380.............9th Oct 2009- AP - USEM req'd passport 9th Nov - fingers crossed!

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Regards,

IV/Branch

London"

That's wonderful news. Good luck to your fiance at his interview!

It will be a couple of weeks. My p3 arrived at the embassy on Oct 21st but they didn't "log" it until Nov 4th and then it was another 9 days before they scheduled interview so in total just over 3 weeks. Looking back now there was no point in calling DOS for the 1st week at least but I don't think that I could have not called. I hope they log you and schedule you very soon.

That's kinda what I was wondering. Though, I am hopeful that maybe there's a chance I'll get a fasster response because I already submitted all my forms (minus the checklist) back in September. Perhaps, because they won't have to enter those in, I might be lucky enough to get a speedier appointment letter. Who knows.

I just want a date. Right now, I'm not too worried about when exactly it is, I just want a date!!! (Though I do hope it's soon as can be)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm hoping to get there for christmas, I'm not financially able to at the minute but I'm hoping I can work my socks off to make it happen! If not it'll be in the new year :(

I think for the interveiw scheduling they go by some kind of priority date? I think it's the date you file but I'm not sure, I remember reading something somewhere a long time ago :bonk: That's not much help is it! lol.

Congratulations to everyone who's getting their dates today and good luck to everyone who's waiting!

They try to accommodate your travel /weddings dates that you put on the IV-15 checklist. We left ours blank originally and were waiting forever for an interview. Our wedding plans changed, I filed an amended form and we had an interview date scheduled pretty soon afterwords.

Good luck,

Bob and Pat

Bob

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Timeline

I just want a date. Right now, I'm not too worried about when exactly it is, I just want a date!!! (Though I do hope it's soon as can be)

I was the same...I just wanted to know..it's the not knowing that is the worst. It will come...fingers crossed that it will be soon.

K1
12.21.09 wedding

AOS

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.20.13 Biometrics

Packet 4 arrived this morning :-)

its official... december 3rd (2 weeks tomorrow!) 9.30am!

*waaaaaa* im so excited/nervous :-)

Timeline

Congrats to you!! Best of Luck!

6-12 mailed packet 1

6-16 NOA 1

9-22 case sent to NVC

9-29 Hard copy NOA2 rec'd

10-6 case rec'd by Embassy

10-7 JG rec'd request for checklist

(need pol cert and MOC, requested on 10-7 and 10-13)

10-21 mailed checklist to Embassy for interview date :-ss they needed rest of forms.. sent courier on 10-28

10-28 MOC & Pol Cert recd

10-29 checklist rec'd by embassy w/ds forms by daniel /pol cert recd

11-10-09 per "Dana" at DOS - pkt 3 rec'd 11-05-09, give it 2 weeks for notice to be received of the interview date - diary for 11-19

11-13 called DOS "Allyson" said - we are ELIGIBLE for an interview!! Should have an interview date set up within 2 weeks! Called back at 2 pm - interview 1-4-10 - contacted Embassy and had moved up...

11-25-2009 9 am Interview

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Congrats to you!! Best of Luck!

6-12 mailed packet 1

6-16 NOA 1

9-22 case sent to NVC

9-29 Hard copy NOA2 rec'd

10-6 case rec'd by Embassy

10-7 JG rec'd request for checklist

(need pol cert and MOC, requested on 10-7 and 10-13)

10-21 mailed checklist to Embassy for interview date :-ss they needed rest of forms.. sent courier on 10-28

10-28 MOC & Pol Cert recd

10-29 checklist rec'd by embassy w/ds forms by daniel /pol cert recd

11-10-09 per "Dana" at DOS - pkt 3 rec'd 11-05-09, give it 2 weeks for notice to be received of the interview date - diary for 11-19

11-13 called DOS "Allyson" said - we are ELIGIBLE for an interview!! Should have an interview date set up within 2 weeks! Called back at 2 pm - interview 1-4-10 - contacted Embassy and had moved up...

11-25-2009 9 am Interview

Thankyou :-) good luck to you too!!! we'll be fine, i know it!

So looking at the Interview list compiled on this thread, has anyone ever been denied from London?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Yes.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=40666

And The Dip Sticks haven't posted since the day before their interview - assume the news wasn't good.

And I think Marie is still fighting the denial over her husband telling the panel physician that he drinks 40 pints a week or some other unreasonably high number...they say it was a misunderstanding of the question...waiver filed and in process.

They only recently started keeping track of approvals at embassy interviews, so it's hard to say. Those are just the three that I remember right now.

Actually, denials are not really denials anyway. You can file a waiver. You can wait for the USCIS to re validate your petition and send it back to the embassy, you can get married and file again.....it takes YEARS to exhaust all avenues open to you...

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

It seems that most of the difficulties are encountered by non UK nationals who are going through the London Embassy though. Is that accurate?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
It seems that most of the difficulties are encountered by non UK nationals who are going through the London Embassy though. Is that accurate?

People that have had trouble with the police seem to get the run around also. Sometimes the medical requires a lot of extra paperwork, etc etc.

By the way, MY Dave is approved for interview, we are waiting for London to get around to scheduling. Maybe today?!?! Or next week. :wacko: Or next month. :crying:

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.