Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hey Wendy and John...my fiance mailed the DS forms on 10/12, the embassy didn't receive them until 10/16 and did not enter them into the system until 11/2 and the checklist on 11/4 and we still do not have an interview date. I am hoping this coming week will find out something...but who knows? and then add 2 to 3 weeks to that until the interview...unless its longer...at this point, I think that the time lines have changed even from those that interviewed at the end of last month and the beginning of this month. I hoping for all of us that we will get some dates soon...According to our timeline, it looks like it will be (and of course there is no way of knowing) but we are heading to week 4 without an interview date and then add 2 to 3 weeks to that once we do. I am trying to stay hopeful...but it is a challenge every single day...

I agree, it is a challenge to stay positive and it's getting harder to do so. Our packet 3 arrived at the embassy on 10/21 according to royal mail but it is still not in the system...we've done the medical...jumped all the hoops and yet still no interview date. aarrgghh! I know it's coming and we're nearly at the end but we truly thought we'd be together by thanksgiving...that's in 2 weeks and you can guarentee that there won't be any interviews during that week. Sorry end of rant but sometimes it's so hard as you all know...come on London..this week...please!

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey Wendy and John...my fiance mailed the DS forms on 10/12, the embassy didn't receive them until 10/16 and did not enter them into the system until 11/2 and the checklist on 11/4 and we still do not have an interview date. I am hoping this coming week will find out something...but who knows? and then add 2 to 3 weeks to that until the interview...unless its longer...at this point, I think that the time lines have changed even from those that interviewed at the end of last month and the beginning of this month. I hoping for all of us that we will get some dates soon...According to our timeline, it looks like it will be (and of course there is no way of knowing) but we are heading to week 4 without an interview date and then add 2 to 3 weeks to that once we do. I am trying to stay hopeful...but it is a challenge every single day...

I agree, it is a challenge to stay positive and it's getting harder to do so. Our packet 3 arrived at the embassy on 10/21 according to royal mail but it is still not in the system...we've done the medical...jumped all the hoops and yet still no interview date. aarrgghh! I know it's coming and we're nearly at the end but we truly thought we'd be together by thanksgiving...that's in 2 weeks and you can guarentee that there won't be any interviews during that week. Sorry end of rant but sometimes it's so hard as you all know...come on London..this week...please!

Hi A&T and gmj Thanks for your post..l I too was hoping he'd be home by 11-27 as that's his birthday. His PC went out on Thursday and he's about to lose his mind. I feel his frustration but if I give in to it, then we will be hurting for optimism. Our packet was accepted at the embassy on 10-28, I called on Monday 11-2 and they said "Pending - no interview date yet" Not like I expected one lol. Just felt good to do something proactive.

I am grateful beyond words to all the people at Vj. the comments, links, experiecnes and hope are the only way I could have ever got as far as I am. We will win this guys!! Stay strong and remember theres no going back, only forward. God speed! Here's to hoping for out loved ones home by Christmas..

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Hi A&T and gmj Thanks for your post..l I too was hoping he'd be home by 11-27 as that's his birthday. His PC went out on Thursday and he's about to lose his mind. I feel his frustration but if I give in to it, then we will be hurting for optimism. Our packet was accepted at the embassy on 10-28, I called on Monday 11-2 and they said "Pending - no interview date yet" Not like I expected one lol. Just felt good to do something proactive.

I am grateful beyond words to all the people at Vj. the comments, links, experiecnes and hope are the only way I could have ever got as far as I am. We will win this guys!! Stay strong and remember theres no going back, only forward. God speed! Here's to hoping for out loved ones home by Christmas..

Oh that's frustrating! Nik's PC broke two times during our separation, and it seemed to be ages before we could talk again, although it was just a couple of days in reality...The wait to be together seems so long, especially as you get to the end. It's fantastic once it's over though, and well worth it.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews
tomsarah11, settler72, ealachan, embo123, Luke and Deanna

October 2009 Interviews
irakro97, siya, Britt and Duv, oliviawyatt, tinypyramids, Ian and Lisa, haleywynne, formakashic, mightymints, Cynthia&Simon

November 2009 Interviews
K-1........DIARD...........3rd Nov 2009 - Approved pending medical
K-1.....Allie and Nigel..3rd Nov 2009 - Approved pending additional documents
K-1.....nickandkayte...5th Nov 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.......noone1........30th Nov 2009

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing
SSS8380.............9th Oct 2009- Administrative Processing

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

YAY!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON GETTING OUT OF AP MARM!!!!!!!!! I hope you give him the BIGGEST hug when you land in the US and it is ALL over!!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We have are visa. My fiance had his interview on the 3rd, medical on the 5th. They said the results wouldn't be at the embassy until the 11th but he was woken up this morning to the courier at his front door!! That was a super quick turn around.

Our timeline

K-1

6/17/09 Mailed I-129F 6/19/09 NOA 1

9/09/09 NOA 2 9/28/09 Packet 3

11/03/09 Interview - Approved 11/05/09 Medical

11/09/09 Visa in hand

11/24/09 POE San Francisco

01/03/10 Baby due date

1/16/10 Baby - Its a Boy!

AOS

2/22/10 Filed AOS

4/17/10 Biometrics appt

5/16/10 Interview - Approved!

6/10 Green Card in hand

ROC

4/04/12 Filed I-751 California Service Center

4/21/12 NOA

7/20/12 Biometrics Appt

11/16/12 RFE

12/10/12 Sent RFE package

12/21/12 Approval Letter!!

Timeline

Hi All! quick update, called the Embassy today - here's the stats...

6-12 mailed packet 1

6-16 NOA 1

9-22 case sent to NVC

9-29 Hard copy NOA2 rec'd

10-6 case rec'd by Embassy

10-7 JG rec'd request for checklist

(need pol cert and MOC, requested on 10-7 and 10-13)

10-21 mailed checklist to Embassy for interview date :-ss they needed rest of forms.. sent courier on 10-28

10-28 MOC & Pol Cert recd

10-29 checklist rec'd by embassy w/ds forms by daniel /pol cert recd

11-10-09 per "Dana" at DOS - pkt 3 rec'd 11-05-09, give it 2 weeks for notice to be received of the interview date - diary for 11-19

I've seen some quick and some slow - I hope the upcoming holidays don't delay processes any more.. Good luck Yall!!

We have are visa. My fiance had his interview on the 3rd, medical on the 5th. They said the results wouldn't be at the embassy until the 11th but he was woken up this morning to the courier at his front door!! That was a super quick turn around.

Awesome!! Congrads to you and your loved one!

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It seems like noone has been granted an interview date since mid-October. Am I wrong?

Our P3 got there today.. hoping everyone pending gets word of an interview date very soon. Especially those of you waiting since 10/12. Lets pray we hear something by tomorrow!!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Just dropping a quick note before I get busier:

Any other member can take the reigns of the Interview List for the rest of this year. Anyone feel free to take charge of editing/updating the list or each member can edit individual entries as each feels appropriate. I will not be able to take full responsibility of the list anymore as I will not be able to keep track of updates any longer.

Take care everyone!

Good luck to all waiting on interview dates and those with assigned interview dates and those still waiting for approval or getting the visa in hand!

-MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

It seems like noone has been granted an interview date since mid-October. Am I wrong?

Our P3 got there today.. hoping everyone pending gets word of an interview date very soon. Especially those of you waiting since 10/12. Lets pray we hear something by tomorrow!!!

oh gosh... i totally agree!!! :) it'll be here soon *we're almost there!!*

Timeline
Just dropping a quick note before I get busier:

Any other member can take the reigns of the Interview List for the rest of this year. Anyone feel free to take charge of editing/updating the list or each member can edit individual entries as each feels appropriate. I will not be able to take full responsibility of the list anymore as I will not be able to keep track of updates any longer.

Take care everyone!

Good luck to all waiting on interview dates and those with assigned interview dates and those still waiting for approval or getting the visa in hand!

-MARM

thanks for all you've done Marm.. your presence has eased many a troubled mind... take care and good luck on the rest of your journey.

Packet 3 was received by London today! I really really really hope I can get Riggs here by Christmas. He put his travel date on the checklist as Dec 1st... I wonder if it will help any... I thought Dec 1st was a bit ambitous as its only, what... 18 days? Yeah... maybe he could fly on the 21st or 22nd... if we can afford the tickets, that is.... If we can't, then it will have to wait until next year... :cry:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Was just thinking MARM said she was going to be AFK while traveling and who would update and saw her post. We're hopeful that we're starting our journey in January 2010, so wondered if anyone minds if I take on the update list posting responsibility? VJ will be a multi-daily hang-out for me until easily August next year. Crickey that sounds horrendous! Just seen DIARD has an update, so will post that for the sake of keeping the thread current and please let me know if anyone has any objections!

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews

imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews

tomsarah11, settler72, ealachan, embo123, Luke and Deanna

October 2009 Interviews

irakro97, siya, Britt and Duv, oliviawyatt, tinypyramids, Ian and Lisa, haleywynne, formakashic, mightymints, Cynthia&Simon

November 2009 Interviews

K-1........DIARD...........3rd Nov 2009 520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1.....Allie and Nigel..3rd Nov 2009 - Approved pending additional documents

K-1.....nickandkayte...5th Nov 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1.......noone1........30th Nov 2009

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thank you Sundrop, it's the perfect solution..get ready to busy, there's a lot of us waiting! :yes:

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.