Matthew123

We didn't file I-129f with I-130 did we do wrong?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, Me and my wife filed The I-130 in october 2nd 2008 ( the date vsc recieved it) But we was not sure if we should have sent the I-129f. In the end we didn't and we thought we would wait for them to ask us. Time has passed now and i checked my status online and our case has been moved to calafonia service centre for processing.

Have i made a mistake in not sending it and have i slowed up the processing by not sending it. My wife is the american citizen and im from the united kingdom

Any help would be nice

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage : 2008-09-19

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-01-20

Received DS-3032:email: 2009-01-22/ I-864 Bill :???

Pay I-864 Bill:???

Receive I-864 Package :???

Return Completed I-864 :???

Return Completed DS-3032 :???

Receive IV Bill :???

Pay IV Bill :???

Receive Instruction Package :???

Case Completed at NVC :???

NVC Left :???

Consulate Received :???

Packet 3 Received :???

Packet 3 Sent:???

Packet 4 Received :???

Interview Date :???

Visa Received :???

US Entry :???

Comments : were waiting to recieve ds-3032

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 102 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline
Filing the I130 and G325 will be the route for a IR1/CR1 visa.

Ok,thanks for your help.Made me feel a little better

Edited by Matthew123

Processing

Ok, Me and my wife filed The I-130 in october 2nd 2008 ( the date vsc recieved it) But we was not sure if we should have sent the I-129f. In the end we didn't and we thought we would wait for them to ask us. Time has passed now and i checked my status online and our case has been moved to calafonia service centre for processing.

Have i made a mistake in not sending it and have i slowed up the processing by not sending it. My wife is the american citizen and im from the united kingdom

Any help would be nice

What you have done so far is good enough, I went the I-129 and was mad that I did. Your case moving to the CSC is a good thing they work fast. Good Luck.

Timeline

Any help would be nice

What you have done so far is good enough, I went the I-129 and was mad that I did. Your case moving to the CSC is a good thing they work fast. Good Luck.

Thats brillant news thanks. It's made me feel a little better. I was worrying about it all over xmas because the more research i did the more scared i was getting but thanks for clearing that up for me and thanks for the luck. Were gonna need it

Processing

Any help would be nice

Thats brillant news thanks. It's made me feel a little better. I was worrying about it all over xmas because the more research i did the more scared i was getting but thanks for clearing that up for me and thanks for the luck. Were gonna need it

No problem man, That is why we are, here to help each other. If in the next few months you don't get any updates, don't worry most of the time that mean that you have done every thing right and it is being processed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The K-3 is designed to bring the spouse here faster, but it is by no means a requirement. I think that if I were going through the process again, knowing what I know now, I would never have bothered with the I-129f. The CR1 is a much better visa to come on. When you come on the K-3 visa you have to adjust status after you get here. Just more processing, and I think you won't be able to get a job for a while after you have been here. You would go stir crazy being in a new country with nothing to do.

Just a note, they lost our I-129f, so my husband ended up coming on the IR1. The IR1 is the same as the CR1, but they issued it because we had already been married over 2 years when he entered the US. Confusing isn't it. :wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

As per instructions I read for K3, you file I-130 first, and when you receive your NOA1, you send in the I-129F to the same place your I-130 is pending. Decide if you still want the benefits of K3, you may not even want to have your I-129F anymore. I started K3 and was at CSC and when I realized they were being processed at a similar rate, the IR-1/CR-1 route made much more sense for us.

From K3 to CR-1 Route

08/29/2008- NOA1 from I-130 (initially going K3)

09/09/2008- NOA1 from I-129f

09/19/2008- Touch for I-130

(canceled I129f after speaking with Senator)

12/15/2008- Touch for I-129f probably to cancel, received withdrawal notice for 129f

12/23/2008 APPROVED for I-130 12/24/2008- Touch on I-130

NVC

12/29/2008- NVC case number assigned.

01/08/2009- DS3032 & AOS fee bill generated

01/08/2009- Husband emailed DS3032

01/10/2009- Received AOS fee bill in mail, payment pending

01/13/2009- AOS fee bill shows PAID online

01/14/2009- DS3032 acceptance email received

01/14/2009- IV fee bill payment in process online

01/15/2009- IV fee bill PAID (unable to print or email cover sheet)

01/15/2009- Sent I-864 package

01/21/2009- Hubby sent DS230 package RFE? on 01/22/2009

01/26/2009- RFE states IV fee not received, however I have a receipt, so I called NVC

01/27/2009- Rec email from NVC inquiry-fees received and DS230 will be sent.

1/30/2009- DS230 received by NVC

02/05/2009- RFE for court clearance, my fault, I misunderstood "applicable"

02/12/2009- Express mailed Court Clearance

02/17/2009- AVR says it has received the checklist letter response.

02/20/2009- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

02/25/2009- Case Forwarded to Embassy!

03/03/2009- Email received APPOINTMENT LETTER!

03/18/2009- Embassy called husband changing interview to April 30. :(

04/16/2009- Medical Exam. Passed

04/30/2009- Interview PASSED

Removing Conditions

02/14/2011- Mailed I-751

02/22/2011- NOA 1 received. GC extended one year.

03/15/2011- Biometrics appt

04/21/2011- Decision made = APPROVED

Any help would be nice

" I went the I-129 and was mad that I did." DITTO!!!!!!! :bonk:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Any help would be nice

" I went the I-129 and was mad that I did." DITTO!!!!!!! :bonk:

The difference will be after it leaves the service center. With the K-1 and K-3 visas it stops at the NVC, then they forward it to the consulates to schedule the interview. With the CR1/IR1 they process the I-864, DS-2032, and the accept the actual visa application. This is not true for all consulates, but many of them. This will usually add a few months to the processing time, but IMO it is well worth the wait for the better visa.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.