JAYKE

netflix...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

So, since "Sopranos" is over for the season, I have cancelled HBO and signed up for Netflix. My husband was VERY pleased to see how many British TV series collections they have listed there - SIGNIFICANTLY more than any video store's collection for sure. So far, we've added "League of Gentlemen", "The Goodies", "Bottom", "Red Dwarf", and (just because I'm completely intruiged) "Prisoner Cell Block H" - yeah, I know it's Australian, but it achieved cult status in Britain, lol.....

There's loads more, too, we just haven't had time to add them all - gotta save some time for my "Gilmore Girls" and "Facts of Life", lol....

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there for anyone missing Brit TV and can't find what they want on UKNova.

Happy

Jayke

And they also have a two week free trial which is a fab deal :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

keep working on UKNova...it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well worth the effort...

you know...get to keep up with Big Brother and the Eurovision Song Contest...

:blush::blush::blush:

:lol:

Edited by Frances

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

I can see how this can be an advantage Frances :huh:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I can see how this can be an advantage Frances :huh:

:D:thumbs::lol:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

LOL Prisoner Cell Block H...

I used to watch that ####### after I got home from the pub, no wonder they had it on late at night. It was certainly amusing and funny to watch.

I will have to have a look at netflix and check out what UK stuff they have, sounds cool. :thumbs:

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Got Craig onto UKNova months back, *(he's the one who actually learned how to use it after finally being able to join!!!) :lol: and totally addicted now...love that site..so whoever recommended it here first..>WOOT WOOT and thanks! to you!!!

Will have to check out NetFlix..been hearin' about it for a long time now...main thing I'm worried about is how much does it cost and exactly how does it work? I'm worried about things like extra charges, postage, late charges and the like...anyone care to enlighten me...sounds like a good thing to have! :) Mich

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Got Craig onto UKNova months back, *(he's the one who actually learned how to use it after finally being able to join!!!) :lol: and totally addicted now...love that site..so whoever recommended it here first..>WOOT WOOT and thanks! to you!!!

Will have to check out NetFlix..been hearin' about it for a long time now...main thing I'm worried about is how much does it cost and exactly how does it work? I'm worried about things like extra charges, postage, late charges and the like...anyone care to enlighten me...sounds like a good thing to have! :) Mich

If you check out their site it give a clear explanation about all their charges. Personally I find it a bit of a rip off and going to the video store is cheaper and more relaible. My local store has all the obscure foreign films we like to watch at only $1 for 2 night rental. You can't really beat that. With Netflix you don't really get to choose when you watch the film as you're always waiting for the mail. There are NO late charges or postage charges which is good. You just send it back in the prepaid envelope whenever you like.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Timeline

Ok, I'll check it out thanks.

Still sounds like a good deal to me if you don't have all those extra charges to deal with..esp. if we can get some more Brit comedies, which I love as well! We already get Red Dwarf(Craig has that collection) Dr.Who(ditto on many of those as well...ex. for the new ones of course) and some others...but not a lot of those mentioned above..so might be fun just for that! We don't really care when we get to watch em, as long as we do! :) Our little vid store here is 3 bucks for a new release(and it's just a mom and pop type of place!) and 1 for old movies...both for one night..but if it's late,etc it costs the same as if you would have rented it another night...and there's usually only one copy..sometimes two...so it's just as hard to see it sometimes! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

I don`t think Spaced is out on DVD there so i intend to just get a multi region player. I have heard bad things about netflix or one of those type of things.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Timeline

Oh, yeah! The multi-region player and/or a hacked one ;) is a must have!!! M.

ManU2.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.