Jay Ridler

Newbie With Worries

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Like others, I'm a Canadian attempting to get a fiance Visa. I've done the initial application process, and received word that the initial application has been forwarded to the Montreal consulate. and they would send me my package.

That was November 6th. Has anyone with a similar confirmation received their package yet? I've emailed and faxed the Montreal consulate, but despite my best efforts have found that they do not take phone calls and are otherwise impossible to reach. I have not heard back from my inquiries.

Also, I'd like to do as much prep work as I can. For those who have already received their package, can you tell me what forms or documents I should be gathering right now so I can book the interview as fast as possible.

I'd be very grateful for any and all help here. I'd hate for something to slip up after the initial success.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Edited by Jay Ridler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Jay,

You might want to have a look at this thread as the situation is similar:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2484452

As for getting prepared, you might want to have a look at the VJWiki Canada page, there you can view the K1 interview letter and checklist which should give you the information you need.

Welcome to the Canada forum !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my case forwarded to MTL, although it was supposed to be Vancouver (since i reside in BC). I emailed them, I found it took an average of 2 - 4 business days for them to reply my emails. But I got the case transfered to Vancouver and I got my package 3 from Vancouver. Remember, when you email them at the consulate, include your NVC case number, your name and petitioner and DOB. You can check out my timeline to get an idea of timing. All the best

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I did hear back. Here is what they said:

"Unfortunately we haven’t received your petition until now. It shouldn’t be much longer. Unfortunately if we don’t have the file

I cannot update the address so please email us again in a couple of weeks so we may check on the status of your case.

Thank you

IV Unit"

Ok, forgetting the rather odd cadence here, I was worried since I had to move before hearing back, though I have Canada Post forwarding my mail. Looks like I still need to wait.

I also had one more question:

Is there any prep work that my fiancee should be doing? I was wondering if all fiancees (the petitioners in the US) need to do the affidavits of support listed here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

The website said not to fill out anything until we hear back that we need to fill these documents out. But I was curious if everyone requires these now, or if it is catch as catch can.

Again, thanks for both the information and support.

Jay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.