couple

nbi a.k.a

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, Can anyone explain what is nbi clearance with aka? Thanks so much.

Happy Holidays.

clearance with aliases. or aka... Also Known As.

so i think an nbi clearance that states your aliases if you have used any, and also clearance of your name just in case somebody else shares the same name you have. they call that 'hits'.

if your name has a hit, that means someone of the same name has a record and they will have to determine that you and this other person are different individuals.

you can ask the people at the bureau to specifically state on your clearance that you have not used other names or aliases, or aka's.

also if you have a hit, ask them to have it on record and also state it on your nbi clearance.

merry christmas.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Wow galing talaga ng forum na to!

Hi prettyflower thanks for yoru quick responce.

I was browsing this website and I read that some vj members were asked for additional document (nbi clearance with aka) at the time of their interview and it delayed them frm getting their visa. So I wanna know about it.

I dont have any aliases and my surname/maiden name is unique. On my nbi clearance that i have now it doesnt have a portion where it says whether u have aliases or none.

All I see is name, add, bday, citizenship and remarks.

"you can ask the people at the bureau to specifically state on your clearance that you have not used other names or aliases, or aka's"

Should I get new nbi clearance and request them to include that i have not used aliases? have you requested it before?

Should I assumed that the vj members (mentioned above) have used aka or aliases names thats why they were being asked. hmmm.. siguro nga hmmm.

Thanks ulit.

Hello, Can anyone explain what is nbi clearance with aka? Thanks so much.

Happy Holidays.

clearance with aliases. or aka... Also Known As.

so i think an nbi clearance that states your aliases if you have used any, and also clearance of your name just in case somebody else shares the same name you have. they call that 'hits'.

if your name has a hit, that means someone of the same name has a record and they will have to determine that you and this other person are different individuals.

you can ask the people at the bureau to specifically state on your clearance that you have not used other names or aliases, or aka's.

also if you have a hit, ask them to have it on record and also state it on your nbi clearance.

merry christmas.

I think im over reacting haha. I just want everything to be fine and no more delays. I guess my nbi clearance is fine. I dont have aliases so I think its fine.....

Thanks to all and to this website.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wow galing talaga ng forum na to!

Hi prettyflower thanks for yoru quick responce.

I was browsing this website and I read that some vj members were asked for additional document (nbi clearance with aka) at the time of their interview and it delayed them frm getting their visa. So I wanna know about it.

I dont have any aliases and my surname/maiden name is unique. On my nbi clearance that i have now it doesnt have a portion where it says whether u have aliases or none.

All I see is name, add, bday, citizenship and remarks.

"you can ask the people at the bureau to specifically state on your clearance that you have not used other names or aliases, or aka's"

Should I get new nbi clearance and request them to include that i have not used aliases? have you requested it before?

Should I assumed that the vj members (mentioned above) have used aka or aliases names thats why they were being asked. hmmm.. siguro nga hmmm.

Thanks ulit.

In order to get a NBI with a.k.a they will ask you to write your other name at the top of the application form,but since u dont have any corrections on your name,there's nothing to worry about getting it.All you need is a valid clearance and you're good to go :) .The CO will just ask about it once they see that there are some annotations/remarks on your BC.

Ok thanks ng madami :D

In order to get a NBI with a.k.a they will ask you to write your other name at the top of the application form,but since u dont have any corrections on your name,there's nothing to worry about getting it.All you need is a valid clearance and you're good to go :) .The CO will just ask about it once they see that there are some annotations/remarks on your BC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

then your nbi clearance is fine.

ganun din itsura ng clearance ko. and i dont have anyone having the same name as mine so walang hit.

kung meron, you would know.

then youre all set. good luck! merry christmas!

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Thanks and merry christmas also.

then your nbi clearance is fine.

ganun din itsura ng clearance ko. and i dont have anyone having the same name as mine so walang hit.

kung meron, you would know.

then youre all set. good luck! merry christmas!

I think im over reacting haha. I just want everything to be fine and no more delays. I guess my nbi clearance is fine. I dont have aliases so I think its fine.....

Hi!

You may want to get clearances in both your married and maiden names as stated in the requirements for the visa application. I did as they wanted and was done with NVC in record time.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

I got an NBI Clearance with a.k.a. because of my prior marriage. I got also an NBI Clearance with my maiden name only without a.k.a. When the pre-screener asked for it, I gave the one without a.k.a. There was no problem.

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Filed: Timeline

Hi!

You may want to get clearances in both your married and maiden names as stated in the requirements for the visa application. I did as they wanted and was done with NVC in record time.

hi, maam...can we get both clearances at the same time? i mean in one visit only to the NBI can we request for clearance both in our maiden and married name? thanks in advance for your answer....regards!!!

Hi!

hi, maam...can we get both clearances at the same time? i mean in one visit only to the NBI can we request for clearance both in our maiden and married name? thanks in advance for your answer....regards!!!

Yes, you may :)

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

• 3 years later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

<!--quoteo(post=2495828:date=Dec 22 2008, 09:39 PM:name=couple)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (couple @ Dec 22 2008, 09:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2495828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think im over reacting haha. I just want everything to be fine and no more delays. I guess my nbi clearance is fine. I dont have aliases so I think its fine.....

Thanks to all and to this website.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi!

Hi!

How did you got your NBI clearance in both married and maiden names? please help...i am confused! thank you!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

AKA - as example would be if you had been married before (or if you are married now the AKA would be your single name) - that name.

If you have never used another name you are fine (nicknames don't count).

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.