narzel

Visa delayed

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Im just looking for a little guidance now if anyone can help

My fiance finished her interview they did not deny but delayed it

when asked what our plans were together she replied we wanted to have a child together and raise our family

we are also bringing her daughter over my income was sufficient for 3 but because she said we wanted to have a child they based it on 4 and told her either i had to show proof of substainable income or she would have to write a letter stating she would be willing to work but would also have to convince the consular that she was not doing that just to get the visa?????? i dont know what she should write because if she does that isnt she doing it just to get the visa??? and as far as substainable income i dont know what they are asking they said either or ...do they want me to find a co sponsor????

everyone said she should not say she intended to work that that could cause her to be denied a visa so i guess i am a little lost help!!!!!!

my cousin is an immigration lawyer in new york.

she said never to mention work in the interview. because the sole purpose of the K1 is to be with your fiance. it is a fiance visa. not a visitors visa nor a work visa. so to say you intend to work would raise suspicions. to say you wanna see the US would be a bad idea too.

answers should all be along the lines of... to get married, to be with my fiance, etc. anything beyond that would point to a visa denial or delay for further investigation.

building a family should not be mentioned. if they ask, just say... eventually in the near future, or something like that.

of course in the long run we would have to work and help out our spouses, thats a given. and the consul knows that.

bottomline is... just say you want be with your fiance and get married.

kids and getting a job should not be mentioned if possible.

thanks pretty flower so how do you think she can undo this

i mean they said they want a letter stating she would be willing to work i dont understand why they wouldnt just accept that there and would make her reschedule? and should i now start considering a co-sponsor or should we go with the letter a co-sponsor would be the only way i could get to the income they require at least for this yr

depends.

what was the consul's final word?

was the visa denied or delayed?

does she have to go back for another interview? and bring more documents?

you have to know what they want to determine a remedy for this.

delayed not denied she said she would not have another interview that either i had to show proof of sustained income or she had to write a letter stating that she was willing to work ,but as i mentioned according to the 2008 federal poverty guidelines i more than exceeded the requirement for a 3 person family and 4 for that matter i just saw the note and it said i had i was insufficient for 3 but i made over 30k so how can that be

the only thing i can think is i do contract work for a union so i have to work for multiple contractors i submitted paystubs from each and w2's etc so unless the consular was only looking at 1 i dont know what they want

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok wrong message sent. no problem narzel.

i havent talked to my cousin in weeks but i remember her warning me not to mention work or kids at the interview.

its a given but it should not be said.

consuls take everything word for word and anything you say can and will used against you. or something like that. lol.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Timeline

when asked what our plans were together she replied we wanted to have a child together and raise our family

we are also bringing her daughter over my income was sufficient for 3 but because she said we wanted to have a child they based it on 4 and told her either i had to show proof of substainable income or she would have to write a letter stating she would be willing to work but would also have to convince the consular that she was not doing that just to get the visa?????? i dont know what she should write because if she does that isnt she doing it just to get the visa??? and as far as substainable income i dont know what they are asking they said either or ...do they want me to find a co sponsor????

everyone said she should not say she intended to work that that could cause her to be denied a visa so i guess i am a little lost help!!!!!!

she said never to mention work in the interview. because the sole purpose of the K1 is to be with your fiance. it is a fiance visa. not a visitors visa nor a work visa. so to say you intend to work would raise suspicions. to say you wanna see the US would be a bad idea too.

answers should all be along the lines of... to get married, to be with my fiance, etc. anything beyond that would point to a visa denial or delay for further investigation.

building a family should not be mentioned. if they ask, just say... eventually in the near future, or something like that.

of course in the long run we would have to work and help out our spouses, thats a given. and the consul knows that.

i mean they said they want a letter stating she would be willing to work i dont understand why they wouldnt just accept that there and would make her reschedule? and should i now start considering a co-sponsor or should we go with the letter a co-sponsor would be the only way i could get to the income they require at least for this yr

depends.

delayed not denied she said she would not have another interview that either i had to show proof of sustained income or she had to write a letter stating that she was willing to work ,but as i mentioned according to the 2008 federal poverty guidelines i more than exceeded the requirement for a 3 person family and 4 for that matter i just saw the note and it said i had i was insufficient for 3 but i made over 30k so how can that be

the only thing i can think is i do contract work for a union so i have to work for multiple contractors i submitted paystubs from each and w2's etc so unless the consular was only looking at 1 i dont know what they want

where would you submit this letter and proof of sustained income?

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-31-08 - touched

11-05-08 - touched

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

Timeline

depends.

to the embassy

Timeline

depends.

to the embassy

going to work right now pretty id love to talk with you more on this

Manila Usem does not accept co-sponsors for K1 visas. Your fiance should state in her letter that she is willing to work to be able to help out with your finances ONCE PERMITTED to do so, like once she gets her greencard or after she gets a work permit. She should not forget to say that her main reason to go to the U.S is to be with and marry you.

Manila does accept co-sponsors. Just because a few have not been accepted doesn't mean they dont' accept co-sponsors.

From reading VJ it seem like most with co-sponsors are still getting approved....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

The unborn child should not count even count as a dependent for your wife. That's not fair for her and you... what they should count is what you have in front of you...which you three unless.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

The unborn child should not count even count as a dependent for your wife. That's not fair for her and you... what they should count is what you have in front of you...which you three unless.

I agree with yah :thumbs:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what window does your fiance had her interview,

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Timeline

depends.

to the embassy

going to work right now pretty id love to talk with you more on this

already left a message on my cousins voicemail. will let you know asap.

im curious too.

my interview is coming up. anything can happen.

so lemme ask her then ill update you.

good day.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-31-08 - touched

11-05-08 - touched

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

Timeline

I'm surprised they'd count an un-concieved child, I wonder if that's more a misunderstanding of some sort or an actual policy.

The bit about not mentioning an intention to work seems strange, it sounds like great advice for someone getting a visitors visa where there is no legal option to work, but for a k-1 visa... that's the start of a life together, and most people will work, I'd be more suspicious if someone planned to come to the US and expected not to work! I guess the real question is how it's asked though, the most immediate thing is of course to get married, but obviously someone will eventually get around to seeing at least some of america and wanting to be able to work sooner or later.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is REALLY scary! Because I filled up a DS form saying that I do intend to work. So, how would I answer the CO if he asks me that..? Any suggestions? Ipractice ko na yung line before my interview sa Jan 9.. Hehe

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I'm surprised they'd count an un-concieved child, I wonder if that's more a misunderstanding of some sort or an actual policy.

The bit about not mentioning an intention to work seems strange, it sounds like great advice for someone getting a visitors visa where there is no legal option to work, but for a k-1 visa... that's the start of a life together, and most people will work, I'd be more suspicious if someone planned to come to the US and expected not to work! I guess the real question is how it's asked though, the most immediate thing is of course to get married, but obviously someone will eventually get around to seeing at least some of america and wanting to be able to work sooner or later.

The problem with this, I assume, is the fact that beneficiaries seem to be treated like catttle, or just some piece of furniture the USC wants to import. Of course most of us will work, and most of us actually have been doing that all this time (wherever we are from), but it's apparently assumed that once we get into the US, we'll become leeches and any and all our knowledge and experience will get somehow erased. =/

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

That seems strange to me also, I dont understand, if you want to get married it seems having a child is just another step in your relationship. To be honest I dont understand that, and cant understand how they could count that against you.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Timeline

Me too, I find it strange that its a no no to mention kids and work during interview. You are applying for fiancee visa for heaven's sake. Don't you talk about future plans like having kids and money matters before getting married??? I dont believe the consul doesnt want to hear your fiancee wants to work. The consul wants to hear from your fiancee that worse comes to worst, your fiancee will help you with financial matters and not just sit and watch you kill yourself by working for the family or be a public burden. That's all. Just give what they want.

By the way, I put yes on the question if I intend to work on DS156.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.