MissusM09

how to get over missing your OH

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello,

i am missing my OH like crazy and would like some tips from vj members. how do you get through it?

Is there anyone that knows what its like to feel like a zombie as you wait for your interview?

How do you not take it out on each other because you miss each other so much?

What do you do, knowing that this is the last time you will be living in your home country to make the most of it?

anyone?????????????????????????????????????????????????

P

x

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Video games. No seriously.

Try playing an online game together. Good options that are free would include F.E.A.R. Combat (especially with the CO-OP mod) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Both of those are entirely free to own and play; however, they're both First-Person Shooters, which may or may not appeal to you. Guild Wars is technically "free" to play (no monthly fee), but you need to purchase the individual campaigns and expansion. That's an Massively Multiplayer Role-Playing Game, so it's not as frenetic as the other two would be.

Most games today allow multiplayer, but you'll have to purchase them. Unless you two want to do that, the above choices are probably better.

If you'd like to merely "interact" without the addition of combat in any shape or form, Google Lively is always an option. Users can create 3D avatars, dress them, and create homes in a variety of places. There's less to do overall (when compared to the games mentioned in the first paragraph), but if you dislike combat-oriented activities, this might work.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm planning a wedding, that's what's keeping me busy. And I just get on with day to day things, like at the moment preparing for Christmas. Even though I am not spending it with Tom or all my family, thinking of next Christmas together keeps me sane. You just have to imagine what's a few months apart when you will have a lifetime together.

I'm happy if I get to talk to Tom at least once a day by whatever means. In 30mins we have our weekly conversation on Skype. All other times it's messenger or email. You just have to make the most of it.

We have arguments sometimes, and it's usually 10x worse over email/chat as you can't sit down and talk it through face to face, so we always make an effort to resolve the issue before we log off.

i usually will say shopping, go to the salon, spa and buy new books, but since the economy is the way it is and its best to be more cautious plus we are almost broke from this visa exercise with all the travels to get over missing the OH etc, i truly have no answer to that. hmmm but maybe one more dress? that might just pull me through? hmmm :whistle:

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Video games. No seriously.

Try playing an online game together. Good options that are free would include F.E.A.R. Combat (especially with the CO-OP mod) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Both of those are entirely free to own and play; however, they're both First-Person Shooters, which may or may not appeal to you. Guild Wars is technically "free" to play (no monthly fee), but you need to purchase the individual campaigns and expansion. That's an Massively Multiplayer Role-Playing Game, so it's not as frenetic as the other two would be.

Most games today allow multiplayer, but you'll have to purchase them. Unless you two want to do that, the above choices are probably better.

If you'd like to merely "interact" without the addition of combat in any shape or form, Google Lively is always an option. Users can create 3D avatars, dress them, and create homes in a variety of places. There's less to do overall (when compared to the games mentioned in the first paragraph), but if you dislike combat-oriented activities, this might work.

thanks for the replies..........xxx

you know what,,,,,,,,,,thats a good idea, ( i love shooting stuff) but at the mo he doesnt have internet. so we live on the phone bcos its free for me to ring the us. this process just makes me crazy cus everything seems like its on hold. waiting to exhale...........lol seriously. how do you download it, whats the site??? nothing ventured eh

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif